Predictions for All-State Team?

gimp

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be alittle biased, but I think Margaret Sanders from Tullahoma has also played well, usually playing three positions in one game, forward, center and outside, whatever is needed by the team.  She has had alot of goals this season and assists.

825393951[/snapback]

If those three positons you are refering to are outside forward (both sides) and center forward, then this girl doesn't sound too good because it's the same position.

I could not find any info as to when the All State Team is announced. I did find out that there are two but not sure which means what. One is from:

Tennessee Sports Writers Association and the other is from:

Tennessee Athletics Coaches Association

Can anyone explain the difference or the importance of each one?

mjuhb, you must be a Region 4 fan, coach, or frequent official.  Nothing wrong with that, and your opinions count for something.

Maybe mine do as well -

Tullahoma:  certainly the Kyle girl - she came through in the Regionals for Tullahoma in a huge way.  Like Kyle, Adams has played hurt and ill; in good physical shape, could have taken Tullahoma to a State Championship  (maybe next year)  very good game against Hendersonville with a goal and an assist.  The Sanders girl (see other posts) and the others - I don't think they are of all-state caliber.  Buckner is headed for a D-I school, but coasted through her senior season without distinction.  In my opinion, the MVP on Tullahoma's team received absolutely no recognition in District and probably won't for the state team either: #22 - she was moved from a wing position to outside back and has been rock-solid all season - I guess she kept the home field "no-losses" record intact with a huge save in the CCS game and has been an effective offensive threat as well,

Shelbyville - lots of talent there and Martin's time will definitely come, especially if she blossoms into the kind of on-field leader Callie has been.

Coffee County :justwrestle:  - Thorington: District MVP for a team that didn't live up to expectations, unfortunately.  She will be a contrbutor to any team she goes to if she continues on.

Lincoln County :D  - Chelsea played her heart out, but the program seems to have fallen apart after much promise.

P.S. - None of these girls lives in my house, but I'd be proud to call many of them my daughter!

825398527[/snapback]

Who has heard of these counties? Come on to make the All-State team you and at least your school must be known around ALL of the state. Come on!!

Ya'll have some logic. Pick people that you really actually think is going to get All-State. These are my top 2 picks from each team that made it to the finals.

FRA- Ashley Price, Marissa Yenni

CCS- Brittany Lee, Heather Trimiew

Houston- Danielle McMurray, Alali Dagugo-Jack

Farragut- Katie Green, Emily Beuerlein

Father Ryan- Carrie Smith, Lauren Purcell

Baylor- Jennifer Clemmer, Paige Lanter

825398762[/snapback]

From FRA, what about Kristen Garman?

Who has heard of these counties? Come on to make the All-State team you and at least your school must be known around ALL of the state. Come on!!

825399862[/snapback]

soccerislife, I don't know whether I'm least impressed by your poor grasp of geography, your lack of knowledge regarding who's who in TN soccer, or your elitest attitude suggesting the only soccer players deserving of All-State honors MUST play for a known team.

1. Tullahoma and Shelbyville aren't counties, they are cities.

2. Here's a helpful link to last year's AAA All-State team:

http://dbsoccer.org/AllState/GirlsAllStateAAA2003.htm

look closely and you'll find 4 players from Tullahoma and 2 from Coffee County on the list, along with several other players from what you may consider little-known teams.

3. ALL the girls I mentioned have played Division 1 select soccer; Kimberly Thorington plays for Brentwood Impact - maybe you've heard of them at least? State Champions in their age group the last three years and I believe Kimberly is one of their highest-scorers - even if her school team never wins a game, she is still an extremely talented soccer player and deserving of a (repeat) spot on the All-State team

4. Let me assure you the folks from Tullahoma will be quick to point out the Tullahoma girls have been in the AAA Final Four for six straight years, and that no one else can make that claim, so they'll claim to be in the "known" category - OBTW, do you know what the Final Four is?

5. Shelbyville is not known all around the state? Maybe true for girl's soccer (basketball is quite another story!), but stick around for a few years...........

soccerislife, I don't know whether I'm least impressed by your poor grasp of geography, your lack of knowledge regarding who's who in TN soccer, or your elitest attitude suggesting the only soccer players deserving of All-State honors MUST play for a known team.

1.  Tullahoma and Shelbyville aren't counties, they are cities.

2.  Here's a helpful link to last year's AAA All-State team:

http://dbsoccer.org/AllState/GirlsAllStateAAA2003.htm

look closely and you'll find 4 players from Tullahoma and 2 from Coffee County on the list, along with several other players from what you may consider little-known teams.

3.  ALL the girls I mentioned have played Division 1 select soccer; Kimberly Thorington plays for Brentwood Impact - maybe you've heard of them at least?  State Champions in their age group the last three years and I believe Kimberly is one of their highest-scorers - even if her school team never wins a game, she is still an extremely talented soccer player and deserving of a (repeat) spot on the All-State team

4.  Let me assure you the folks from Tullahoma will be quick to point out the Tullahoma girls have been in the AAA Final Four for six straight years, and that no one else can make that claim, so they'll claim to be in the "known" category - OBTW, do you know what the Final Four is?

5.  Shelbyville is not known all around the state?  Maybe true for girl's soccer (basketball is quite another story!), but stick around for a few years...........

825400217[/snapback]

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound rude, but I wanted to know who those girls are because I have never heard of them or their schools. You answered my question and I thank you.

825399862[/snapback]

Not only has Tullahoma been to the final four 6 years in a row, they also brought home second place in 2002.

Are you from Tennessee?

I could not find any info as to when the All State Team is announced. I did find out that there are two but not sure which means what. One is from:

Tennessee Sports Writers Association      and the other is from:

Tennessee Athletics Coaches Association

Can anyone explain the difference or the importance of each one?

825399823[/snapback]

If you could please answer this question??