most feared wrestler

wrestlingcoach

I always thought Sweeton to be an average wrestler with less than average oponents. But he was one heck of a lugi spitter.....Anyone remember that? At the feet of the refs sitting on the bench?????

825421946[/snapback]

And what a beautiful lugi it was. That was my last year as a referee at the state tournament before I became a coach. He was very solid in his lugi technique. Fortunately for him, the Centennial kid gave the penalty point back and Sweeton won the match.

Edited by CoachDelgado

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marquise Nelson - Kirby

Charles McTorry - Overton

Rodney Resha - Ryan

Jake Gunthry - Oakland (not sure the name is right but the kid who died his hair and tech falled EVERYONE, refusing to pin them just to torture his opponent, early nineties)

The heavyweight from Germantown who broke peoples arms over his knee (legend has it) many years ago.

825393178[/snapback]

YES Markese Nelson! He is the best wrestler i have ever known! And people were terrified of him from what i heard from my brother and others who wrestled the same time...

I always thought Sweeton to be an average wrestler with less than average oponents.

825421946[/snapback]

Stove,

You're way off base here in my opinion. Sweeton was an outstanding wrestler who grew continually throughout his high school career. Didn't he win state at 103 as a freshman and end up winning at 160 as a senior? Adjusting to a new body size each year can be a challenge. Is there anyone else who has won at 2 weight classes farther apart then him? I saw him dominate numerous wrestlers that I thought were much better than average.

Stove,

You're way off base here in my opinion.  Sweeton was an outstanding wrestler who grew continually throughout his high school career.  Didn't he win state at 103 as a freshman and end up winning at 160 as a senior?  Adjusting to a new body size each year can be a challenge.  Is there anyone else who has won at 2 weight classes farther apart then him?  I saw him dominate numerous wrestlers that I thought were much better than average.

825422641[/snapback]

Walkenvol,

Good to see you on the boards. Although we did not always agree on some of the topics your information is noteworthy and of benefit to this message board. How is you son doing? Where did he end up in school? Is he wrestling?

i think it is rediculous that any wrestler is scared of another wrestler...ok it might not be the most fun thing in the world to wrestle some of these guys but if a wrestler is scared he has been beat before he ever goes onto the mat...i just tell myself to go as hard as i can because itll be over in 6 minutes anyway...and ive won many matches that i wasnt supposed to win just for having this approach

Matt Keller, Quinn Gibson, Kyle James, and Jordan Leen were four wrestlers that always had their opponents backing up. Nick Brugal was the most physically intimidating from the past few years. Paul Campbell looked really mean.

825423427[/snapback]

In the late 70's Overton had a 145 that was a 2 or more time State Champion and I remember seeing him play with people and then Crush them.