Indians smoke the Cougars 48-0

CougarTrav02

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OUCH!

825395417[/snapback]

Well said, CougarTrav02. DB was everything that they are built up to be. Their D was absolutely amazing. It took them all of about 5 plays to figure out that Johnson was trying to run out of a version of the Wing T. Gotta give a "hats off" to Coach Wells for his creativity. The opening drive had promise with Johnson running for +7, +27 and +6 until two consecutive snaps over his head pushed them back from the DB 31 to the Cougar 37. It is a shame the snaps over his head count against Johnson in the official stats. After that early high-water mark, it got downright UGLY.

Johnson hurt his shoulder on a tackle during a punt return with 2:18 to go in the 1st quarter. After that, he only carried 6 more times and then was sat down on offense and played a few plays at defensive back.

Congratulations to Kingsport Dobyns Bennett. Their QB, RB and WR are exceptional talents. The Indian players also showed class after the one-sided game, with several asking about the health status of Johnson & Soph QB Brance Stiner, who was on the sideline after having surgery today on his broken thubm.

Good luck the rest of the way TRIBE! You should represent Region1 5A all the way to the BIG GAME!

Edited by VolViking

well i thought ccchs would score some points but was wrong once again as i am many times. didn't get to listen to the game cause of the mrs. , but did get to check on the score twice which was at the 4 min mark of the first when db just scored it's 1st td and the other time it was in the third i believe the score was 40 something and like 8 min to go i believe. what happened in those 19 min?

will say this if ccchs loses to karns they are #4 and playing on the road in oak ridge (who's going to win region 2 by the looks of it). at least it's not a long ride.

DB went through CC like a dose of salts. CC completely outmatched in ever phase of the game.

DB threw at will, and ran when they wanted to.

DB blocked two CC punts although one was negated by a running into the kicker penalty. How does that get called when the kick is blocked?

DB's defense was all over the CC backfield. I dont know how many negative yardarg plays the CC had, but it had to be at least 15. Tribe also intercepted two passes. CC couldn't do anything on offense.

Tribes reserves entered the game with more than four minutes left in the third quarter.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL