White House 49 Northwest 28

dandy82

notice the difference in attitudes, Coach Porter talks about how humble and quiet Ricky Ladd is while Coach Stevens (look coach chris, I'm pointing out the one who did it) says WH didn't have much firepower and the officiating was bad. Now notice the two backs reactions, Ladd says I have no reason not to make those big runs the way my line plays. Then you have Wilkerson that says Im not going to say he's better than me but he has a good line. WOW, this is a perfect example of the difference in the two programs, and if you notice it all starts with the head coach.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One man, one quote, does not denote, COACHES!!  Please read my prior post and I praise the White House team and Community.  If you bash, bash the one who promotes the business at hand.  For one, I enjoyed the atmoshere of the game and the class of the people.  Dusting off the sprinkler system in the center of your field during warm ups because a fan said turn on the sprinklers was enjoyable.  A Quote does not refer to an entire group.  Much respect from me to the White House team, and yes I hope to see you all again.  Playing a great team is better than not playing at all.  You deserve the win, but next time may be different.  Who knows, may see you all in 3 weeks.  Back at the White House vs. Northwest rival. 

If you wonder who I was, punting the ball to the boys having fun and making the most of the evening you will remember me.  Good luck and you will be region champs.  You all deserve it!!!

825396490[/snapback]

I appreciate you clarifying that, and my apologies to you if you felt we were categorizing all of you. I wasn't. Like I said, I found all the NW people at the game friendly, and I am glad you had a pleasant experience here. Good luck to you all. I was just baffled at those type of comments from that one coach and also that one player...

Respect starts with the head coach. The coach of NW just got his butt whipped and then finds time to disrespect our (my) team. I understand why Bulldog69 gives the coaches at NW such a hard time.

I'll direct my comments to the head coach. He is immature. He is out of control. His players show his personality. There is no discipline. There is absolutly no place in a newspaper for his comments. Better athletes? Bad calls? You gotta be kiddin' me. What I saw was a team that couldn't stop the pass or run.

NW will never be respected with a coach that has that kind of attitude. It's too bad. They have some good players, but with that "I'm not going to say Ladd is better than me" attitude they will never garner any respect.

I wouldn't trade Ladd for any of their players. Not one. I can't imagine a WH player commenting on how much better they were than the competition and I sure can't imagine a player commenting on how their defense was allowing big holes to run thru.

NW, your team has a cancer and it heads your program.

P.S. Please make the playoffs. I would love to meet your selfish team again.

Region 6-4 AAAA fan, You need to take the opportunity to talk to your coach. No amount of posting by you can make up for such conduct. He is out of line.

Edited by dandy82

I don't think anyone is blaming these people you mention, I don't even think people are blaming you coach chris. If I'm correct the only names to have been mentioned in any ill-manner at all have been Coach Stevens, and Wilkerson, and rightfully so for their remarks. I don't know what your team is like as a whole, or what kind of effort you all put in every day. I will say this that no one has put up that many points against a tough WH defense all year. I think a halftime adjustment helped matters, but you all have some weapons. Regardless of what you have or how hard your team works there is no excuse for the comments made by coach stevens and wilkerson.

nice words from someone that preaches respect.  lets see, two people, their comments, and it is a team with no respect.  how about chinetti, nelson, choate, both owens twins, powers, jenkins, outlaw, meriwether, mix, bratton, jones, neff, newell, seagroves, davis, valentine, chaplin, that gave you a fight and greated you all at the end.  I do not mention the few that made smart comments because it does not reflect the majority that do all the hard word to get where we are today.  I did not agree with the paper either, but a person is given an opinion. 

by the way, to note, I was the coach that supposedly did not trade game film with white house.  I still have my bill from the shell station on the morning of the swap, why did no one show up?  The fact is at rest and it is easy judging someone on paper and in interviews.  They do not control or direct my life in any way, form, or fashion. 

Such a shame you blame innocent people!!!

825396671[/snapback]

Nice spin. To my recollection, none of the other players or coaches mentioned by you were quoted in the paper. Just two. If I were on that team or were any of the players you mentioned, I'd have a heart to heart talk with my fine running back who dissed his defense.

Sorry AAAAfan, but you or your team will never get respect when a head coach and star player are quoted as they were in the paper. It may not be fair and you have every right to defend yourself, but this kind of stuff isn't an isolated incident that could be passed off, but your coach has done this before in the paper, and also on the radio. I've heard him in past years.

Maybe somebody should tell your coach that officials are human too and are subject to read the unfounded critical critque of their performance in the paper. Your coach isn't doing your team any favors.

4AAAAfan, tell me , honestly, that your team doesn't portrait the coaches mentality. I'm guessing they do because your coach doesn't seem to be able to control himself in a loss. Always someone elses fault. They do if they also blame the officials.

Talk to your coach. Good coaches respect an opinion.

Amen...Dandy!!! Now you know where I am coming from. By the way 4aaaa fan is a coach or chris or whovever and they/him are in it together.

This post-game tirade is what burns me about this program. I really feel bad for the players that their coaches cannot set the " bar" for character. When I read that leaf-chron article it made me want to puke.

I cannot believe someone hasn't went to the school and complained about these guys.

How far the mighty have fallen ....wasn't Northwest "supposedly" in the mix for the 4a championship.....it's amazing what one letter will do to people...from ch"a"mps to ch"u"mps. At least this year we haven't had to hear about coachchris' love life on here.

Again...great job White House and here's to a deep run in the playoffs and to Northwest......well.....how about some hard looks in the mirror....your season should be over soon. True Justice would be for you to play WH again....it wouldn't be pretty