Cannon County @ Upperman

cannonqb19

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this was a REAL dirty game. Players were cheap shotting left and right. I'm sure we some kind of record because of so many flags....#9 from Upperman got ejected for punching me....so yeah it was real dirty. And the refs had a little bit of homecooking goin on..

It was 38-0 goin into the half. We came out fired up after a BS call. Then we did a toss pass for our first score. Defense came out, we blitzed the QB got blasted and dropped the ball, I picked it up and ran 20 yards for a td. Then on a toss to the left we scored again. Upperman realized we werent ones to give up on. They buckled down and ate the clock. Anyways we had a nice surge and I did get my TD. GL Lions next year!

It was. But I have to give Upperman credit for a great game. They have a REALLY nice school, field, and everything up there, plus a pretty decent team. Wow! The game really started getting interesting in the 3rd quarter. All of our points came then, and I'm so proud of Kermit for his fumble recovery for a TD! I was so excited for him and I know he was too, it being his last game and all. The play of the night though, I think, was the Lance handoff to Tarawa, Tarawa throw to a wide open receiver (I think it was Rodriguez but I'm not positive) in the endzone for an easy TD! It was great. It's amazing how support from the crowd can help a team so much. I think last night was the most we've ever cheered for this team -- and it showed how effective it was in the 3rd. Good luck to ALL the seniors in wherever they may go next. Good luck to all those who will return next year (for our winning season, of course), and also good game to everybody. Hope Jose is doing OK after his ambulance-requiring injury last night, too. I can't believe the season is over already. Can't wait 'til next year! Go LIONS!