Greenbrier @ Giles Co.

Touchdown4Bobcats

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your support. We have had another long season but our boys are still working hard and, of course, hoping for the upset. What happened at Greenbrier to turn your program around in such a short time, and could you bottle it and sell it to some other Bobcats!

825400908[/snapback]

We're looking forward to the trip. You all have a really beautiful place. The stadium reminds me of one of the old, classic college bowls.

Greenbrier has been fortunate to have a really large class of athletes come along with stronger, smaller classes ahead of them. Numbers dictated that young guys play early and the classes ahead were strong leaders so the younger guys had good examples to go off of. This, along with one of the best coaching staff that they've probably ever had, just sort of got everything moving in the right direction.

Isn't GC considered one of the top in the state in 3A basketball?

I am pretty sure that Greenbrier will bring everything they have, as far as I know they never underestimate their opponent. Just because they win the previous game never means they will win the next.

To whomever fills in for Jacob, take some pointers if he offers, never hurts to have them, especially from someone who has been playing with the team all year...

Good Luck and Safety to both teams!

GO GREENBRIER BOBCATS thumb

Good luck to the Giles County Bobcats. I know they've had a tough season. You guys may not be making the playoffs but I'm sure you'll give it all you've got in your last season game. I just hope that it's injury free and sportsmanship galore.

Greenbrier will be there focused, and ready. One more game rounds out the season and the beginning of an uphill battle---playoff time. Go Green---and take it home with class. No backsliding now!

Guest catfish-hunter

It is a region contest and the Greenbrier Bobcats are wanting to keep their region record unblemished so I think they'll head down to Pulaski a very focused football team. Word has it that this is going to be Jackie L. Smith's final game as the head coach of the Giles County football team so I'd expect for those guys to come out fired up on "Senior Night" to win in both the players final game and possibly the coaches final game. I'll take Greenbrier 42-21.

I'm hearing that the game time is now 7:00 instead of 7:30.

The Cats will probably roll out on the charters at 1:30.

825401524[/snapback]

Let's see, I told my supervisor I needed to leave at at least 1:00 for a 7:30 start... :o Wonder if I could leave at 10:00 for a 7:00? LOL :o Hey, I will try anything to get out of work early on Fridays!!

GO GREENBRIER!

We're looking forward to the trip.  You all have a really beautiful place.  The stadium reminds me of one of the old, classic college bowls.

Greenbrier has been fortunate to have a really large class of athletes come along with stronger, smaller classes ahead of them.  Numbers dictated that young guys play early and the classes ahead were strong leaders so the younger guys had good examples to go off of.  This, along with one of the best coaching staff that they've probably ever had, just sort of got everything moving in the right direction.

Isn't GC considered one of the top in the state in 3A basketball?

825400944[/snapback]

Giles County is one of the best basketball teams, but in class 2A, there are only three classes in basketball. Hopefully GB will get to play them this year. It would be a good challenge for us.

Anyway, good luck to the Bobcats (both) this Friday. I predict a 31-0 score in the first three quarters and a final of 38-7.

Guest catfish-hunter
Giles County is one of the best basketball teams, but in class 2A, there are only three classes in basketball.  Hopefully GB will get to play them this year. It would be a good challenge for us.

Anyway, good luck to the Bobcats (both) this Friday. I predict a 31-0 score in the first three quarters and a final of 38-7.

825401714[/snapback]

Giles County two years ago was the best basketball team I've seen on the high school level. They were big, athletic, and could shoot the rock. Last year, they were just as good but they didn't appear to have the same hunger like they did the year they won the state title. That is why they were upset by a Southside team that they would probably beat at least 8 out of 10 times.

Now back to football, Greenbrier appears to have this one in the bag seeing as they are an 8-1 team while Giles County comes in at 1-8. I'm telling you guys that if this is Jackie L. Smith's "Swan Song" in Pulaski, then you can expect an emotionally filled Giles County football team. Giles County has a running back by the name of DeAngelo Johnson, who is without question the most explosive player in region 5-3A (and that includes Roger Herndon, Josh McMurray, or Josh Garza). If he was running behind the Page or Greenbrier lines then I guarantee you all that he would be an easy 2,000 yard back and probably score at least 20TD's. Unfortunately, emotion can only last for so long and football eventually comes down to running, blocking, and tackling and there is not a team in region 5-3A that has done that better than Greenbrier now for the past two seasons. I don't expect for that to change in this one.

Let's see, I told my supervisor I needed to leave at at least 1:00 for a 7:30 start... :D Wonder if I could leave at 10:00 for a 7:00? LOL :P  Hey, I will try anything to get out of work early on Fridays!!

GO GREENBRIER!

825401575[/snapback]

We started making it a habit 4 years ago to just save the vacation days for Friday's in September, October, and November. This makes for a much more relaxed game day. It's always hard to stay focused at work on Fridays.. :D