5 farragut

6 tullahoma

7 oak ridge

8 ccs

9 jp2

10 st agnes

the great debate begin

Edited by mjuhb

I like yours better as well! Ryan is a little low(#8) in the Redmond 11 after 19 wins - 2 losses both to Baylor and wins over Farragut, Oak Ridge, JPII(2) and Hendersonville. I am assuming that there is a formula to plug in that derives these results. It just surprised me that teams with 6 and 7 losses were rated higher.

I think it is good that public and private teams do mix it up in the regualar season as I believe it helps in scheduling quality opponents for both sides of the issue.

How did CAK make it to the state semi finals, and get ranked 10th?  How can USJ beat AC, and get ranked 3 below them?  Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

825404881[/snapback]

I think these rankings have a lot to do with strengh of schedule. Having seen all of the District 11 teams (FRA, CPA, Hume-Fogg, David Lipscomb, Goodpasture-all currently ranked) play, and having also seen CAK play, those teams ranked above CAK deserve to be. They are stronger teams in my opinion. The sad thing is that the "true" best teams don't always make it to state, only two out of each Region.

I think the same may apply to the USJ vs. AC game. I was told that AC totally dominated the game and it should have been lopsided the other way. Apparently, the voters in this ranking felt that to be true.