Cascade @ DCA- ROUND 1 *****

TheScout

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well all i know is dca is in trouble because i have it from a good source that a player from cascade's cousins, uncles, sisters , brother-in-law, once knew, a guy whos aunts, sisters , dads, brother's dog was once in a comercial on mtv

so i mean how can the champions lose, right who can argue with that logic

right big48eagle

825413372[/snapback]

That's a good point. Coming from Cascade, a number of those people were probably "involved" at some point in their lives. The vulgarity and offensive talk from the illiterate region 6A fans to the region 5 fans is getting a little excessive and this thread should be locked.

to all the region 6 fans you'll know what's up 

mt. pleasant, great hard fought ballgame I will enjoy playing you again in round 3

as for dca yeah you'll have had a great season so far but what makes you think you can beat anybody that walks on the field. cascade is good at playing football not trashtalking before the game is ever played. so I guess i'll see you'll friday night on the field

p.s.

bring your A game I want to play a hard fought ballgame till the end.

region 6 win them all

825412757[/snapback]

ok i am not sure who posted this but it wasnt me.. .. my screen name signs uin automatically in school on alot of computers.. but nicely put.. i do belive it was probably 55.?!?!.. but anyhoo.. we will see how this game goes and we will be seeing Mp.. in th 3rd round.. in the playoffs your only as good as you last game though.. soo we are goin to take this 1 game at a time.. and work our way up.. but i really dont care to see privates in state.. or even close.. lets make sure their last year in 1a.. they get shown The Truth about us country boys!!.. well not even country boys.. but not lil rich pricks!!.. lets do it.. . goodluck to all region 6!!

To any Cascade fans? Did you guys finally get some recievers that can catch the ball or did your run game improve that much? Just wondering cause when I saw you guys play there was NO running game and your recievers couldn't catch anything. It was a shame to cause you guys have a great quarterback.

Edited by tnbucs

That's a good point. Coming from Cascade, a number of those people were probably "involved" at some point in their lives. The vulgarity and offensive talk from the illiterate region 6A fans to the region 5 fans is getting a little excessive and this thread should be locked.

825413687[/snapback]

hey big eagle guit being a :lol: jerk :D what gives you the right to talk about us do you even playfootball or are you some little rich boys parents that has nothing better to do than to talk about how your little baby is so great and how cascade fans are such hicks,quit crying you big baby

To any Cascade fans? Did you guys finally get some recievers that can catch the ball or did your run game improve that much? Just wondering cause when I saw you guys play there was NO running game and your recievers couldn't catch anything. It was a shame to cause you guys have a great quarterback.

825414152[/snapback]

Both. Our running game has improved each week since week 4. We are now at a point to where we are running the ball about 60% of the time. To complement this, our completion percentage has jumped from around 50% to over 60% in recent games.

What most people don't realize about Cascade is how young we really are. We started the year with 2 sophomores and 2 first year juniors at receiver and a sophomore at tailback. Additionally, our line is composed of a junior that has started for 3 years, a first year junior, 2 sophmores and a freshman. Our only experience at the skilled postions was our tight end, slot back, and quarterback. Making this situation worse was an injury to the slot back early in week 3 that prevented him from playing much offense for three weeks. Therefore, early in the year, we were plagued by drops and wrong routes, most of which can be attributed to youth and inexperience. As these guys have gained experience, as we have gotten healthy and as we have been able to incorporate a late arriving, experienced tailback into the offense to complement our sophomore starter, we have gotten better every week.

With a quarterback such as David, it would have been nice to have had experienced skilled players at the start of the season. He has thrown for over 1400 yards this season and would have closer to 1800 yards if we had done a better job early in the season. However, we would rather be getting better each week and peaking offensively at playoff time than piling up huge stats early in the year and then leveling off late. The only regret we have offensively is that we were not playing better during weeks 3 & 4. I don't know if we would have beaten either Huntland or Wayne Co if we had been playing closer to the way we are now, but I know we would have given both a better game.

Man, what are some of you guys all talking about?! This should be a great high school football game between two really good teams. DCA is a great team, no doubting that, BUT Cascade is a great team in their own right. Cascade plays in an extremely tough region and has played most of their region games down to the wire. DCA is surely a home-field favorite but don't disrespect the team from Cascade.