ROUND 1: Trousdale Co. @ Walker Valley

jacketfan1

What are your predictions??

Go Jackets! It is now time for the new season to begin!!

825407489[/snapback]

I'm from Trousdale County & I know what these boys can do when it comes to crunch time. The ranking in our region was so difficult--but I think that our region should sweep the 1st round of playoffs!! Look for region matchups--TC vs. Livinston & Portland vs. Smith County---Good luck to everyone from Region 4 in the 1st Round!! :rolleyes:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I would give Smith County vs Grundy the smallest spread. Here are my reasons why.

1. Smith County doesn't score many points. When you don't score many points there is a chance for you to lose any game. In their games against the other 3 playoff teams from our region they scored 12, 6 and 0. You can't win against good teams consistently when you score that low.

2. I have heard that Grundy is the best team from that region regardless of their record. They knocked Trousdale out of the playoffs last year so you can't take it easy this week just yet Smith County fans.

825408831[/snapback]

As pointed out before...Portland goes to Grundy. You...a person from TC...should know better than most...that defense wins championships. In those games we gave up 7, 14, and 0 against some high scoring teams. Portland averaged 29.6,

LA 33.4, and TC 37.0 ppg. I'll take defense over offense every time.

Walker Valley has a very good team.  They lost to McMinn without some players that were injured.  This will be a good matchup.  An interesting side-note is  the January enrollment figures for next season.  Trousdale had and enrollment of 366...Walker Valley's enrollment was 1,114.

825408982[/snapback]

That's amazing to me, really you're talking about a 1A team vs a 4A team. I still don't understand how they didn't get moved to 4A when other schools are placed by their projected enrollments, not just at the time of the count. It's helped them in other sports too, where they're playing Class AA teams with a AAA enrollment.

Edited by Indian

That's amazing to me, really you're talking about a 1A team vs a 4A team. I still don't understand how they didn't get moved to 4A when other schools are placed by their projected enrollments, not just at the time of the count.  It's helped them in other sports too, where they're playing Class AA teams with a AAA enrollment.

825409252[/snapback]

our enrollment went up this year that is why we are going to aaaa next year

Actually I would give Smith County vs Grundy the smallest spread. Here are my reasons why.

1. Smith County doesn't score many points. When you don't score many points there is a chance for you to lose any game. In their games against the other 3 playoff teams from our region they scored 12, 6 and 0. You can't win against good teams consistently when you score that low.

2. I have heard that Grundy is the best team from that region regardless of their record. They knocked Trousdale out of the playoffs last year so you can't take it easy this week just yet Smith County fans.

825408831[/snapback]

grundy co. is awful,we beat them 33-0 walker valley is the best team by far,you don't know football to well

825408831[/snapback]

grundy co. is awful,we beat them 33-0 walker valley is the best team by far,you don't know football to well

825409289[/snapback]

Evidently...you don't either. Grundy had several players out for that game too.

Grundy beat McMinn...you didn't. You can't base how good Grundy is by that one game...just as you can't base how good you are on the McMinn game.

825409289[/snapback]

you can win when u hold them to 0. ;)