Central Vs East Ridge

CentralBobcats101

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fever--I agree. Not too exciting of a game. Scored within the first 30 seconds. 1st team D was incredible. ER was in minus yardage the 1st half. The O line did a great job run blocking. The zone blitzing by the opposing teams is still a concern and it needs to be fixed. Either the backs have to pick those rushers up or Zach has to check off into a different play. Was glad to see the Cats not bite when the ER players tried to start stuff.

We'll need to play more consisently on O next week. Red Bank is getting better as the season goes on and we can't take a win for granted against them. If the D plays next week like they played this week, we have a great chance. See you in Chatt town.

Ok, heres the bottom line, East Ridge was AWFUL on the field and displayed NO sportsmanship. They were beaten soundly from the opening kickoff, by half time the score was 42-O and could have been worse. If Coach Helton had stayed in the I formation running lead plays and play action passes then let your imagination fly as to the first half score. The Central coaching staff showed TREMENDOUS class by playing the JV and FRESHMAN the ENTIRE 2nd half. The Pioneers were running their mouths attempting to draw Central players into confrontations the entire game, then in the 4th quarter when their starters were rallying against the ;) FRESHMAN they began to TAUNT the crowd as if they were accomplishing some wonderful athletic deed.

Central fans I hope my honesty has'nt offended anyone, but that display by East Ridge last night was unacceptable and should not have been tolerated by their Coaching Staff.

east ridge didn't start anything. both teams were mouthing off to each other. also we didn't put our first string back in until the end of the fourth quarter. considering it was the last game some of us will ever play in i think it was a good decision to put the number ones back in. yall get to play another week. be happy and quit whining about a game you won.

east ridge didn't start anything. both teams were mouthing off to each other. also we didn't put our first string back in until the end of the fourth quarter. considering it was the last game some of us will ever play in i think it was a good decision to put the number ones back in. yall get to play another week. be happy and quit whining about a game you won.

825420256[/snapback]

and a game you were suppossed to win. third quarter through the end of the fourth quarter i kept seein new players come in the huddle, guys i havent seen out on the field before, so before you start saying we scored on the freshmen, we had underclassmen out there also. I dont know if you can call us an AWFUL team, we did make it into the playoffs right? ok i was just checkin. ohhh yea East Ridge starts everything right? Central never does anything wrong! ER was not gonna sit back and let central mouth at them without saying anything back. Correct me if im wrong but i didnt see one unsportsmanlike penalty on ER? so obviosly we did nothing wrong to get your fans and players a little fired up. Trust me if our coaches would have seen unacceptable display as you like to say, or behavior, they would have done something about it right then and there, they take absolutely no B/S from anyone.

Enough about that, not that Central has another game i think they can make it one more and go on to play Maryville. Im not saying its gonna be a walk in the park against Red Bank, but i think Central pulls this one out late. Good luck to both bobcats and lions this friday!!!

Pioneer Pride.....I may have missed the part of the game where you guys were playing younger kids, because you guys still had some big sized boys out there. I don't mean this as any disrespect, but with the size that you guys had a receiver and RB....I don't see how you guys went 5-5 and how CHS got up on you so early. I think you guys do have some talent out there and I wish you guys the best next season.

As far as trash talkin.....it goes on in all games and it's easy to point fingers at others. IMO, it's part of the game and it's easy to start that kind of crap when one team gets a big lead on another. I'm not pointing any fingers at East Ridge, and I'm not accepting any guilt on behalf of CHS. It just happens and I've learned that it is part of the game. Men can handle it....that's why others are in the band or sitting in the stands.

and a game you were suppossed to win. third quarter through the end of the fourth quarter i kept seein new players come in the huddle, guys i havent seen out on the field before, so before you start saying we scored on the freshmen, we had underclassmen out there also. I dont know if you can call us an AWFUL team, we did make it into the playoffs right? ok i was just checkin. ohhh yea East Ridge starts everything right? Central never does anything wrong! ER was not gonna sit back and let central mouth at them without saying anything back. Correct me if im wrong but i didnt see one unsportsmanlike penalty on ER? so obviosly we did nothing wrong to get your fans and players a little fired up. Trust me if our coaches would have seen unacceptable display as you like to say, or behavior, they would have done something about it right then and there, they take absolutely no B/S from anyone.

Enough about that, not that Central has another game i think they can make it one more and go on to play Maryville. Im not saying its gonna be a walk in the park against Red Bank, but i think Central pulls this one out late. Good luck to both bobcats and lions this friday!!!

825421192[/snapback]

81... Good luck and have a great senior year now that footballs over. Tell the other seniors I said "HI" and I wish I could have been there with you again on the sidelines and in the booth! Good luck to all of the Class of 2005!