Greenbrier vs. McNairy Central

mchsgolf72

GO BOBCATS!!!! It's great that Jacob will be back but how much he will play and offence or defence when he does is also a big question. We need him at QB for his leadership and playmaking. A couple of the plays that against Giless Co. last week that were bum plays and turnovers, Jacob would have turned into TDs. When you get past him at QB the experience and skill drops. He has such a great mind for the game and sees it different than most. I hope that GB gets up early and they get to rest Jacob, Roger and the others. It sacred me last week when Roger was still playing late in that game and should have been on teh bench cheering. One dumb, bad play and he could be wearing a brace or worse. I don't think MC has played a defensive line that will pressure their quarterback like GB's will. There will be a "PAIN-TRAIN" with the #59 on it just looking for a reason to steamroller a quarterback. Lipscomb had a great QB and wide receiver combo that couldn't get untracked. Sycamore may have the best QB in Josh Garza that was running for his life. Only White House has had success with the pass against GB and that's because they are probably one of the best 5 of 4A. It's gonna be great FB weather Friday so bundle up and------

"LET'S GET READY TO RRRRUMBLE!!!!!" :blink:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO BOBCATS!!!!  It's great that Jacob will be back but how much he will play and offence or defence when he does is also a big question.  We need him at QB for his leadership and playmaking.  A couple of the plays that against Giless Co. last week that were bum plays and turnovers, Jacob would have turned into TDs.  When you get past him at QB the experience and skill drops.  He has such a great mind for the game and sees it different than most.  I hope that GB gets up early and they get to rest Jacob, Roger and the others.  It sacred me last week when Roger was still playing late in that game and should have been on teh bench cheering.  One dumb, bad play and he could be wearing a brace or worse.  I don't think MC has played a defensive line that will pressure their quarterback like GB's will.  There will be a "PAIN-TRAIN" with the #59 on it just looking for a reason to steamroller a quarterback.    Lipscomb had a great QB and wide receiver combo that couldn't get untracked. Sycamore may have the best QB in Josh Garza that was running for his life.    Only White House has had success with the pass against GB and that's because they are probably one of the best 5 of 4A.  It's gonna be great FB weather Friday so bundle up and------

"LET'S GET READY TO RRRRUMBLE!!!!!" :blink:

825415614[/snapback]

Dont count on this being a game where yalls players will get some rest for the next game. This one will be decided late in the 4th quarter. Mcnairy plays with tons of heart and they leave it all out there.

I sure am glad to hear that the Greenbrier QB is coming back

That spells trouble for Mcnairy......yes......that and a defense that looks like they have 15 players sometimes. The Mcnairy Qb better be wearing a flak vest. If the Mcnairy QB has a dirty jersey by the end of the 1st QTR....it won't go well for them.

The Greenbrier "O" is overdue for a major jump in output...look for it this week.

Greenbrier 28-7....I know you guys at GB are not looking beyond anyone......I think your intensity will be tough to handle.

GO McNairy there not unbeatable ask White House.

825415364[/snapback]

Alot of the people posting here, are not from Greenbrier. I don't think you can find a post on this board from a Greenbrier player or fan that claimed we were "unbeatable". But we ARE two time region champs, beat McNairy in the playoffs last year, went to the semifinals last year and oh yeah --- undefeated this year playing at home in Greenbrier. Greenbrier Bobcats won't lay down. Have a safe trip.....to Greenbrier. B)

Dont count on this being a game where yalls players will get some rest for the next game.  This one will be decided late in the 4th quarter.  Mcnairy plays with tons of heart and they leave it all out there.

825415628[/snapback]

I don't think anyone on here ever mentioned anything about this being an easy game. A previous game is what was mentioned. I think everyone from Greenbrier is expecting a hard fought battle.

Guest catfish-hunter
Standing Room ONLY!!!

Let's get LOUD and PROUD Greenbrier!!!  Show your Green Pride and fill up the place!  Looking for Sycamore/Creekwood fans too!  thumb

Get PUMPED UP! 

825415794[/snapback]

I am sorry, but I will be at the Cheatham game tomorrow night when they play McKenzie at home. If the Cubs win, then in all likelyhood they'll have to go to Huntingdon which from what I hear is a JOURNEY from where I live. I hope Greenbrier wins as well as Page, Marshall County, and Mont. Cent. If Greenbrier hosts Marshall County next week then I'll definately be there to support both of these powerful region 5-3A teams. I may be wrong, but I believe that CreekWood is in a "bowl game" against Lawrence County tomorrow night. I am sure that there will be many Sycamore fans there cheering for the boys in green.

Dont worry, hes just a poser Lipsomb fan. I gave him some love on their DL/Marion County thread 

How dare those poser Lipscomb fans strike again! The Bobcats beat them this year...cant they just give it up. I mean, come on GBT57, Greenbrier fans have lingered on Lipscomb threads all year long trying to boast in the season opening victory. Congratulations....WOO HOO....Greenbrier beat Lipscomb for the first time in school history.....It was a great game between two great teams. Now, lets give it up. Its playoff time where nothing in the past or the regular season matters right, GreenbrierCat2? Wrong, GreenbrierCat seems to think the Cats being in the Semifinals means something, or being two time region champs, or beating McNairy last year. Who cares? Its down to 48 minutes of football and may the best team on any given Friday night win and survive to the next round. Highschool football--playoff style....it doesnt get any better.

How dare those poser Lipscomb fans strike again!  The Bobcats beat them this year...cant they just give it up. I mean, come on GBT57, Greenbrier fans have lingered on Lipscomb threads all year long trying to boast in the season opening victory. Congratulations....WOO HOO....Greenbrier beat Lipscomb for the first time in school history.....It was a great game between two great teams. Now, lets give it up.  Its playoff time where nothing in the past or the regular season matters right, GreenbrierCat2? Wrong, GreenbrierCat seems to think the Cats being in the Semifinals means something, or being two time region champs, or beating McNairy last year.  Who cares? Its down to 48 minutes of football and may the best team on any given Friday night win and survive to the next round.  Highschool football--playoff style....it doesnt get any better.

825416814[/snapback]

While I haven't been on many of the other DL threads, I have visited a few when it involved teams of personal interest. I personally haven't seen a thread where Greenbrier has done any boasting about defeating DL. I think MOST of the "long-time" Cats posters aren't going to be bragging regardless of who or where.

Of course being in the semi's last year or being defending region champs means something. It means that you have players that have been there before and expect to be there again. It means you have a pretty good team. Agreed, it doesn't guarantee anything but it also can't be totally ignored.