Gleason @ USJ

hobock

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these people are on here talking about how USJ is gonna overlook Gleason and not be ready to play. When was the last time USJ overlooked somebody and wasn't ready to play? They are too well-coached and disciplined to let someone slip up on them. Its ridiculous, they just go out and take care of business week after week and year after year. They're like the Yankees, they win the ones they are supposed to and win the accordingly. Likewise, they lose to teams that are just better, not very often though (pretty much just last year). USJ wants a state championship this year and anything else will be considered a failure. They know that road starts this week against Gleason and they will be ready. My prediction: USJ 42/Gleason 8

Well I am kind of skeptical about the "dwags" doing it because they lost to Perry County, Trinity Christian, and Bruceton on their way to an illustrious 2-8 season (USJ beat those 3 teams by a total of 107-26). By they way, will someone please tell me how a 2-8 team makes the playoffs. Its one thing to have a losing record and be in the playoffs, but 2-8. 2-8!!!! They play in the worst 1A region in the state and they didn't play that stiff of competition out of the conference. They played 2-8 McEwen, Tipton Rosemark who hails from the "scary" :huh: D2-A. and the fourth and fifth place teams in Region 7 (PC and TCA) and they didn't come close to beatin either one of them. Also, if your counting on USJ coming out flat, DON'T. Personally, I think the dawgs may come up a little bit short.

USJ should win this game by a lot, but there's always a chance they could get caught looking ahead. Nothing is certain in football -- I mean, a terrible North Carolina team beat Miami last week, and that same UNC team almost lost to William & Mary.

Don't forget about what happened last year in East Tennessee -- Cloudland, the top seed in Region 1, was heavily, HEAVILY favored over 4-6 CAK. But the Warriors pulled the upset...and another...and another...and made it to the semi-finals! Nothing is guaranteed.

That said: USJ 56, Gleason 7.

Don't get all tore up Gleason fans. USJ fans really like to rub it in!

Congrats---from McKenzie---for makin' it to the playoffs and keep working. Ya'll have turned the corner. If talent keeps showing up in 'Tater Town, ya'll will be back!!!

Maybe next season, we can lock horns on the field.

Remember, next season, USJ moves up to AA ball and 10-0 seasons are few and far between in AA. That will be a wake up call for the Bruins!

Edited by duckman38201