good pep rally ideas

SaNtAfEgIrL

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here are some good ideas for exciting pep rallies that we used to do at Marshall County.......

*do games where the students are involved. the quicker you have them participating, the more spirit they'll have.

*have the teachers participate in games as well. it'll give the students something to laugh at.

*have the football team make a spectactular appearance. make a banner for them to run through at the beginning with music going, lites off, smoke machines, etc.

*have costume contests or themes for the pep rallies.

*a scavenger hunt is always fun. ask for random things like a pink paperclip or a tardy slip or a piece of blue gum.

*competition between grades is always fun. it builds class unity and spirit!

hope these work!

Edited by lburgfan

see my school doesn't have a football team! my school is a pre-k through 12 and we only have 619 students in the entire school!!! we do get the students to participate but the we have to go and drag students out of the crowd because nobody will volunteer! we used to make the teachers learn a dance and perform it in front of the entire school but i don't know what happened with that! i like the smoke machine idea though!! it would be something that no one has ever done at santa fe before and i think it would get the students excited!!! thx for the ideas let me know if u have anymore!!!! thumb

Slowly, my memory of all my past pep rallies are coming together. Here are more ideas.

*Use any athletic team that you have to focus the pep rally. The basketball team is a good one to use, e.g. the boys basketball team. If you have any guys that can dunk, have a dunking contest. Have mini games like soph and seniors vs fresh and jrs. or teachers vs students.

*Get local businesses to donate prizes that students can win during the pep rally. Like, a free meal at sonic or some t-shirts from a clothing store.

*Get the principal to agree to do something in the pep rally only if the students do. Such as, the principal will shave his head/pie in his face/covered in shaving cream if a majority of the students dress up/participate/win a game in the pep rally/etc.

hope these work too!

Game ideas--

*do the head on the bat and spin game. that's a classic

*do a mummy wrap. have toilet paper and let 4 students from each class wrap another student. the best mummy wins.

*have a snowball fight. get boxes and set them up around the gym as places to hide behind and use balled socks as the snowballs. the last one not hit by a snowball wins.

*the scavenger hunt that I mentioned in a previous post is always fun.

*have a jello eating contest. have one person from each grade see who can eat the most jello. get the long pans from the cafeteria and do some funky flavor.

*do the game where around 15 people hold hands and try to get a hula hoop all the way down with out letting go of each other's hands. (a classic cheer camp game)

*do a tarzan yell contest.

*have a frozen t-shirt race. this is good if your sga has extra t-shirts from years past. freeze t-shirts in balls in the freezer like a day or two before a pep rally and have around 3 people from each grade participate. the first class to get all their shirts undone and on wins.

these are just a few ideas. always have the classes compete against each other. that's what makes it fun! hope these work!

something that always gets our fans going is when the cheerleaders throw things out into the crowd!!! last year we threw candy, those little hand held pom pons, mascot tatoos, gift certificates, and free game cards for bowling and free food cards from sonic!!! those always get the fans perked up!!!! see if you can do some of these!!! :angry:

• 3 weeks later...
something that always gets our fans going is when the cheerleaders throw things out into the crowd!!! last year we threw candy, those little hand held pom pons, mascot tatoos, gift certificates, and free game cards for bowling and free food cards from sonic!!! those always get the fans perked up!!!! see if you can do some of these!!!  :ph34r:

825428740[/snapback]

oh i agree

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The_Siegel_Senior
I know this sounds sexist, but if cheerleaders do more provoacative dancing and cheering, people will definitely get more into the pep rallies.  I noticed that at my highl school.

825481589[/snapback]

I would have to agree but you know you like the dances...