Rebels/Panthers II

Rebel Nation

I think Powell will come out to play this week. Powell always goes to Maryville thinking win. I know some of the Powell players and one of the guys told me that they where going to win that everyone would have to play their best game. He is completely right. If Powell goes in there and plays the game they know they can play then they will come out on top. I would love to see it. It would be a great thing for the community. For Powell to win someone besides Lee will have to step up. We all know what kind of coach Quarles is and he will come out keying on Lee so it will take someone else to step up and make the plays. GOOOO Powell.

Fballmaster:

C'mon man I have nothing to say to you. I can guarantee you Jay will come out to play he will be pumped and even if he is thinking about the past he will use that for motivation I am sure. So I agree with everyone else. Keep get after it 3ball

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fballmaster1

no worries in this golf game man.

i saw an Oklahoma guy jump offsides twice in a row. They are pretty disciplined and they made the mistake twice so i mean i don't get what you are getting at. Myabe he didnt remeber what happened. lol But don't call the kid out. Jay is a great kid and plays balls to the wall. He will be ready. and i doubt he will think about being ran over when the play is going on. If you think that happens then you didn't have much discipline and put it behind you and play. you can even ask your "boy" plum about that.

Do you really even know him? com'on man why do you have to be lying on here.

I say Powell should give it to Huber and let him pound it up the middle alil bit to ware down the maryville line some and then either give it to huffaker or throw it.

Powell coaches-

Throw Tyler Williams the freakin ball. The kid has the best hands on the team and he isn't scared of going over the middle. And keep it goin to Smith.

3ball

I agree with what you said about getting the ball to Tyler Williams he is a ball player. I feel for Lee to have a big game Powell must get somebody else going to keep all the eyes off of Smith. Also they do need to attempt to wear down Maryville's D but that could take all night. Moyers says it best take the ball and just drive it down the field and try to wear everyone down.

At that age anyway.  They should learn to catch with what God gave em first.  Were you in the souvenir booth mapp?  I couldn't decide who you were...

825419934[/snapback]

Nope! Don't work "inside" I'm a "Rover"...usually work the "Yankee" side of the Stadium Broadway entrance by Don Story Bldg. The guy with the "exoskeleton" on his knee.

IMO no reciever should wear gloves, backs either. If one cannot "feel" the ball one does not have 100% control of either catching it or carrying it. I believe it also instills a "false confidence". Case in point: 1998 Clinic Bowl, Patrick Thomas was hit in the hands three times with gloves, many MHS fans "suggested" he remove them, he did, caught everything that was thrown his way the rest of the game. Clement (#10) has the same school of thought...he dosen't wear gloves either.......(remember!...this is just my opinion.)

Maryville "RR" (sure! Rail Road works here. smirk) 42

Panthers - 28

Reguards to the Board,

Mapp

Edited by mapperman

Man PalPanther, did you ever pick the wrooooong subject!! I understand your concerns there, but let me explain a couple things. The kids who have transferred in aren't making that big of an impact. 95% of our stars and starters are life products of the Maryville school system. Most people that want their kids to play at Maryville, move into the city limits. As witnessed by the paltry showing of only 7 kids outta 100 being tuition, they'd all have to be stars and starters to really have an impact. I think 3 of those 7 really contribute (rebelron, correct me).

Now, I completely understand the POTENTIAL for those 7 to matter and matter a great deal. That's what you're concerned about and it's understandable. Here's something to think about though. Can't kids that wanna play at Poweel move into their zone, like the MAJORITY of kids that play or wanna play at Maryville do? Of course they could. Powell's strong year end and year out showing HAS to have families moving into that zone. I'm tryin to be fair to you bud, cause you're a good guy. This really isn't the BIG issue everyone outside of Maryville thinks it is. thumb

3ball, you were right....here we are again. It's as it should be :D

If the players are half as fired up on friday night as the people posting on here it should be a great game. This has turned from respect and a general disliking of Central into outright hatred....I love it!

825422442[/snapback]

Goody, Maryville fans reserve the right ot be emotionless about Central. We could care less how they feel about us. Their not worth our time. You should feel the same. That really eats at them more than anything else.

That doesn't mean we won't retaliate when provoked though. Make sure you check out the threads if and when we get to game 2 with them.....if and when.

Well, well, well....here we are again!

Welcome back Powell! You've been our most worthy opponent all year. You are the most physical team we have played all year. When we played you, although the score was lopsided, I think that you showed that you have the tools to beat us...something I cannot say for any other team we played this season.

On one drive you exposed several things:

- we are susceptible to being run on by a QB

- we don't cover short passing routes as well as we cover the deep ball

- we sometimes leave the middle wide open for a REALLY BIG tight end who isn't afraid to catch there...What is that kid's name?

I'm REALLY looking forward to this matchup! Best of luck all week and I'd really love it if we could not beat that dead horse that is the tuition issue at MHS. It really doesn't matter how we explain it away, our opponents are not going to understand or agree with us. It won't be settled in this forum or in the forum of public opinion...it just is what it is. Let's talk football.