Milan/Westview or Ridgeway/Haywood

NWTennSports

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Haywood fan, but I have to be honest. The Tomcats and the Roadrunners might give you a good game, but you never know which Haywood team will show up. One of the main Tomcat players was ejected from the Craigmont game, so of course he will not be able to play against Ridgeway. I hope the Tomcats can compensate for his loss.

On the other hand, the Milan/Westview rivalry is a good one, and I am sure that both the Chargers and the Bulldogs will play with intensity and give it their best. I vote for the Milan/Westview game.

This is a "huge if", but if both Haywood and JCM should win this week, next week's game in Brownsville would be a good one to see. The Tomcat/Cougar rivalry is intense, and both teams always give it their best. (I'm well aware of the fact that both HHS and JCM have more things to worry about this week than a possible Tomcat/Cougar rematch.)

Before anyone jumps me about the location of a possible Haywood/JCM matchup, let me explain why I think it will be in Brownsville before I end my reply. I know that the TSSAA brackets state that the Melrose/ JCM winner will host the third round, and I know that if Melrose wins, the Golden Wildcats will definitely host the Ridgeway/HHS winner. However, the TSSAA handbook also states, "in the third round and semifinals, if two teams from the same region play each other, the higher seeded team shall be the host." Haywood is Region 7-4A's number one seed; JCM is the number two seed.