Smyrna vs. Riverdale

bulldog12

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region4, never claimed to be anything but a Riverdale players Dad.  I went to Smyrna but that is because I was an Air Force brat.  LOL

The trophy was for 'football' but it was from either the 40's or early 50's.  It was back in the day when Mr Mac ruled Smyrna with an iron hand and 'Root' Raikes was one of the biggest losers when it came to coaching football in Tn.  Only reason he is the Principal now is he kissed ALOT of PC butt back then.

As to anyone wanting to find me I am NOT hard to find, just go to ANY R'dale football game and look for someone 6' 4" wearing a ball cap with 3 letters on it.  The letters are FBI!  I really do have a sense of humor though and just love HS football no matter who is playing it.  I went to a couple of Eagleville's games this year because I have ALOT of respect for thier head coach and the program he is building there.  If they ever get to 5A size a BUNCH of folks better look out.

825423698[/snapback]

I don't know who you are but I can definately say that you have NO CLASS talking about Mr. Raikes like that. What happened? Did he paddle you because you are a trouble maker or something? Or maybe he threw you of the team? It is not proper to talk trash about an educator that has devoted his life to Rutherford County children. Where is your respect? Maybe FBI does not teach you anything like that on their training. You are a dissapointment to our Law Enforcment sir.

LOST OLD DAD

I had wondered what happened to the policeman from the village people.

Have you seem cowboy or construction guy lately :angry:

Just kidding I have a deep repsect for anyone who carries a badge or in this day a uniform.

By the way I am 6 ft 4 and a quarter inches tall and wear a hat that says DEA

Edited by 82cat

shs01, Bud Raikes WAS a lousy football coach. That is a fact. If you don't like it I am sorry but look up his records as a coach. I don't know what kind of Principal he is, BUT I do know 'how' he got the job. Mr Mac was grooming Mr McPeak for the job as Principal. Mr Mac was a GREAT principal, just ask the over 2500 students who came to his funeral from ALL over the world. Only reason I didn't come was I was busy in a place called Vietnam at the time.

In the two years I was at Smyrna I got a paddling from NO one. Neither did I go out for football there as 'Coach' Raikes only played the kids from town that could further his ambitions. Eight of us who would NOT play for Raikes (ALL Air Force Brats)played his team and beat them soundly! We spotted them 14 points and still beat them 28-14! All of this happened 34 years ago! In other words WAY before you were even born.

I know it is popular to change history nowadays, but facts are facts no matter how we like them. Like Bud Raikes nickname of 'Root'. I have called him that to his face BTW. Also I can say that under Mr Mac NO one would have spit on anybody!

The coach Smyrna has now is head and shoulders above what it has had in the past.

BigWesHall you guys have been to the Big Show for the last 4 years, and you only have 1 ring to show for it.  You guys are the Atlanta Braves of H.S. football.  Oh by the way, whatz up with this playing a little single A school (C.P.A.)?  The Dog Day afternoon is coming this Friday, be prepared for the purple mist to take away your phony crown!  Go Dogs!

825422990[/snapback]

And you made it how many times? Last year you had the Best QB that I have ever played aginst HS or college. and well you didn't make it. Now I am not going say that the Dogs arn't going to score on my boys. Oh and back to CPA well let me put it this way CPA can play with any team in the state CPA and DCA both would put a hurting on your purple mist.

Oh and my crown rests safely on my finger. who are you to call me out. For the most part I have always liked and respected SHS players heck I play ball with David Shannon and JT now. but you need to calm down, when you beat Riverdale then talk till then you don't have any credibility in my eyes.

Its just so funny to read all these Smyrna fans saying how they will win the game and how "Purple Mist" will prevail. I hate to rain down on your parade, but wasn't this the exact same story we heard earlier in the year, how Smyrna had the team to beat Riverdale only to get completely humiliated. Oh and to even question Riverdale as far as overlooking Smyrna, Smyrna's players and fans are the one of the biggest groups of trash talkers who have nothing to back it up with. Riverdale coaches and players know how they and their fans act. For Riverdale this week, they consider this game as big as the Championship game. To lose to Smyrna would not be accepted. Same players as two months ago. Both teams playing similar to two months ago. Only the game is switched to Riverdale's field who I don't believe has ever lost there in a playoff game?? Correct me if I am wrong? So Smyrna beating Riverdale, the planets would have to be aligned all in place. Don't be suprised if Rankin has the chance to run the score up if he doesn't do it either. He just might keep his starters in halfway through the third quarter this time to add a few more td's to shut up everyone in Smyrna once again.

Its just so funny to read all these Smyrna fans saying how they will win the game and how "Purple Mist" will prevail.  I hate to rain down on your parade, but wasn't this the exact same story we heard earlier in the year, how Smyrna had the team to beat Riverdale only to get completely humiliated. Oh and to even question Riverdale as far as overlooking Smyrna, Smyrna's players and fans are the one of the biggest groups of trash talkers who have nothing to back it up with. Riverdale coaches and players know how they and their fans act. For Riverdale this week, they consider this game as big as the Championship game. To lose to Smyrna would not be accepted. Same players as two months ago. Both teams playing similar to two months ago. Only the game is switched to Riverdale's field who I don't believe has ever lost there in a playoff game?? Correct me if I am wrong? So Smyrna beating Riverdale, the planets would have to be aligned all in place. Don't be suprised if Rankin has the chance to run the score up if he doesn't do it either.  He just might keep his starters in halfway through the third quarter this time to add a few more td's to shut up everyone in Smyrna once again.

825423978[/snapback]

I couldn't have said it better my self and I totally agree with you

shs01,  Bud Raikes WAS a lousy football coach.  That is a fact.  If you don't like it I am sorry but look up his records as a coach.  I don't know what kind of Principal he is, BUT I do know 'how' he got the job.  Mr Mac was grooming Mr McPeak for the job as Principal.  Mr Mac was a GREAT principal, just ask the over 2500 students who came to his funeral from ALL over the world.  Only reason I didn't come was I was busy in a place called Vietnam at the time.

In the two years I was at Smyrna I got a paddling from NO one.  Neither did I go out for football there as 'Coach' Raikes only played the kids from town that could further his ambitions.  Eight of us who would NOT play for Raikes (ALL Air Force Brats)played his team and beat them soundly!  We spotted them 14 points and still beat them 28-14!  All of this happened 34 years ago!  In other words WAY before you were even born.

I know it is popular to change history nowadays, but facts are facts no matter how we like them.  Like Bud Raikes nickname of 'Root'.  I have called him that to his face BTW.  Also I can say that under Mr Mac NO one would have spit on anybody!

The coach Smyrna has now is head and shoulders above what it has had in the past.

825423936[/snapback]

What a cry baby

Sorry everything didn't go your way at Smyrna.

For 6 ft 4 you sure sound very small

As for not being hard to find ----------------why would anybody want to find a di gruntled bitter LOST OLD MAN.