Smyrna vs. Riverdale

bulldog12

This game will probably be one of the best of the playoffs. Smyrna's offense has found a rhythym ever since that 65-20 thrashing, but so has Riverdale's defense. Smyrna has improved on defense ever since then. Now I think that the team that wants it more will win. If Riverdale comes into this game with their heads high because they beat Smyrna 65-20 earlier, Smyrna will sneak up on them. If Smyrna comes out scared and they're not mad about the last time these 2 teams played, it'll be over real quick. To me, Smyrna has the best chance of knocking Riverdale off besides any other team. This game is going to be a defensive battle. The score will be 9-6. Gaston Miller will have a 65-yard TD run, but the extra point will get blocked. Then, Smyrna will win on a late field goal by Michael Hinson 9-6. Hey, at least Riverdale didn't give up a touchdown.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will probably be one of the best of the playoffs. Smyrna's offense has found a rhythym ever since that 65-20 thrashing, but so has Riverdale's defense. Smyrna has improved on defense ever since then. Now I think that the team that wants it more will win. If Riverdale comes into this game with their heads high because they beat Smyrna 65-20 earlier, Smyrna will sneak up on them. If Smyrna comes out scared and they're not mad about the last time these 2 teams played, it'll be over real quick. To me, Smyrna has the best chance of knocking Riverdale off besides any other team. This game is going to be a defensive battle. The score will be 9-6. Gaston Miller will have a 65-yard TD run, but the extra point will get blocked. Then, Smyrna will win on a late field goal by Michael Hinson 9-6. Hey, at least Riverdale didn't give up a touchdown.

825420070[/snapback]

How did Riverdale score 55 points in the 1st half last time? That's incredible against a good Smyrna team. I think Riverdale will win easily. They won't score 65...but they will score quite a bit.

Guest Oakland
Riverdale by 28.

825420085[/snapback]

i think smyrna will keep this game close. for them to win this game, it will have to be low scoring old school smashmouth kind of game. prediction coming later in the week

Guest region4fan

I expect the Dawgs to come out swinging. They are battle-tested and a much better and closer team than they were in week 2's thrashing. Orona has really come on and I truthfully think he is a bigger threat than Luke Powell was. Smyrna has to hang onto the ball and keep from giving Rdale's D a chance to score on them. If they can do that, this game will be close , really close. As for you folk that won't give Smyrna a chance.....well LC thrashed us last yr early in the season last year and no one gave us a shot when we had to play them in the play-offs. They were undefeated. The thing was that LC peaked early and we peaked late.....and we almost took the W. So anything can happen. Smyrna has already proven that they can beat the odds.And LC proved that being the favorite doesn't automatically give you the win.

I also think there may be a little turmoil in the Rdale camp with a whole lot of finger pointing going on. .................................

Edited by region4fan