"Grad's Greatests"

GradfromtheNest

...."Grad's Greatests"....After Playoffs - 1st Round....

TW/LW. Team Name (W-L) Last Game Classification

1./1. LFO (11-0) beat Mt. Zion 19-0 (GA-AAAAA)

T-2./2. McCallie (8-2), 1st round bye (DII-AAA)

T-2./3. Soddy Daisy (9-2), beat Knox Karns 52-0 (AAAAA)

T-4./7. Ooltewah (8-3), lost to Dobyns-Bennett 14-21 (AAAAA)

T-4./4. Tyner (10-1), beat Station Camp 29-6 (AA)

6./5. Red Bank (7-4), beat Knox Halls 25-0 (AAAA)

7./6. Baylor (5-5), lost to MBA 7-10 (DII-AAA)

8./8. Boyd Buchanan (10-1), beat Watertown 42-7 (A)

9./9. Notre Dame (8-3) beat Knox Catholic 35-28 (DII-AA)

10./NR. Walker Valley (7-4) lost to Trousdale Co 7-19 (AAA)

Well, I'm probably going to take even more heat this week!!! I can't wait! First off, LFO stays put until they lose. McCallie had a bye, and Soddy came out even stronger than we all thought against Karns putting up 52. Region 1-5A is weak with the excpetion of Dobyns-Bennett, but 52 points is 52 points.

Tyner rolled past Station Camp to maintain their number 4 ranking, but the biggest SHOCKER of the night was Ooltewah's last minute loss to the number one ranked team in the highest classification in TN! Yes, I'm biased towards my Owls, and nobody else will move them up 3 spots for a loss...but it's my poll. Plus, I was at the game, and if Ooltewah played like they did last night, they'd beat anyone on this list...maybe even LFO.

Now, Red Bank looked good once again, and I've been telling you for several weeks now that they are good. Baylor lost to a VERY good MBA team on a field goal with 16 seconds left. I'm not dropping them just yet.

Boyd Buc once again has WOWED the city with an impressive blowout! Hey reaction, at least they didn't move down! That's showing them some love right there!! With a good showing next week, the Bucs might just move up to 7th!

Notre Dame pulled off the other shocker of the night! At the beginning of the year I watched this team play Central and I didn't think they could win 4 games all year. They have proven me wrong! Walker Valley's not in Chattanooga, but there are no other teams worthy! WV has won a couple of big games lately.

Let me hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumb

Edited by GradfromtheNest

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OH, and remember, I do my poll based on who is BETTER. That means who would beat who! Not who makes it farthest in the playoffs.

(Cough Cough) I hope Boyd Buc brings the gold home to Chatt-town, but 1 through 7 could lose this week, and Boyd wouldn't see number one. But that's nothing against them...as my mom always said, "no matter what, there will always be someone better than you."

i gave up on ur crap polls a long time ago..i could care less if u ranked us 100...hey..u r more than welcome to come watch a soon to be state championship team in 1a since ur owls got put out first round :angry: thumb

i wont hold it against u if u want to become a temporary Buc fan..

r we still goiin to the boro to watch or what?

i gave up on ur crap polls a long time ago..i could care less if u ranked us 100...hey..u r more than welcome to come watch a soon to be state championship team in 1a since ur owls got put out first round  :D  thumb

i wont hold it against u if u want to become a temporary Buc fan..

r we still goiin to the boro to watch or what?

825421609[/snapback]

boyd buc is good dont get me wrong. But if they played anyone tough week in and week maybe the rankings would be higher. Have fun putting 50 on Whitwell.

For the fourth straight week, Ooltewah didn't do much of anything offensively. I agree with their positioning in your poll, but I disagree with the statement that they would have beaten everyone on the list. Other teams played well also.

Not really any sense in me arguing though, as nothing will ever be proved one way or the other.

Good poll as usual.

For the fourth straight week, Ooltewah didn't do much of anything offensively.  I agree with their positioning in your poll, but I disagree with the statement that they would have beaten everyone on the list.  Other teams played well also.

Not really any sense in me arguing though, as nothing will ever be proved one way or the other.

Good poll as usual.

825421662[/snapback]

They did more than usual as Woods completed 11 passes. The defense stepped up and played very well...secondary included. If the D played like they did against DB, I don't think they would need much offensive production. But you are correct. It doesn't matter anyways because it can never be decided.

About beating everyone on the list... I agree, well maybe except for LFO unless they played (like you said Grad) like they did against DB. The Owls defense definitely could hold down McCallie, Tyner's multi-weapon threat, and already shut down Soddy. The rest of the list is a piece of cake. Red Bank would be a 2-3 touchdown spank. Baylor would go down, and they would shut down another potent offense of Boyd Buc. Ool.'s linebacker core is so strong that Peardon might get a couple of yards, but not many after that. Then, to cap off the list, Notre Dame and Walker Valley wouldn't be close.

For the fourth straight week, Ooltewah didn't do much of anything offensively. 

825421662[/snapback]

You don't have to do much offensively if you shut down other offenses. If you hold the best team in the state to two touchdowns throughout most of the game, you don't need to score that much. I said in Grad's last polling thread that it would be a low scoring game. But against the #1 team in 5A, 14 pts is a lot better than the previous week.