Can one man change it all?

Poundingpurplepeople

I heard that Tom Whethers Is Gonna be Bradleys new coach and LFO's Defensive and offensive cordinater Is also joining the staff.Now what I'm wondering is Why would Whethers want to go to a school where he's basically building from the ground up.Those players have no heart or determination,it ovious watching them play.Though its not impossible to rebuild the bears,they just need that extra push that they can get from having the comfort in knowing who there coach is and what he has done.Its like they don't try.Anyways what I think that there gonna pay him a heck of alot of money to come there.God forbid he leaves after a couple of years though .We all know what happen to Red Bank when he left...They kinda just fell apart :/Anywho If anyone know if this is true please post

I have always said there are a few kinds of coaches.

1. Great builders = bring a program out of the ashes and make them respectable again, but cant seem to get to the next level.

2. Guys who cant build but can take an average team and make them very competative

but cant seem to go all the way

3. Guys who can take a great team and make them champions.

4. Maintainers= Can take a team at any level and keep it there.

Just because a coach comes from a program that has been a traditional power house doesnt mean that he can make a cellar dwellar into champions, it takes a special person to do this. I dont know if Whethers is the man or not but, whoever it is needs the support of the players, parents, and school staff, and fans.

I heard that Tom Whethers  Is Gonna be Bradleys new coach and LFO's Defensive and offensive cordinater Is also joining the staff.Now what I'm wondering is Why would Whethers want to go to a school where he's basically building from the ground up.Those players have no heart or determination,it ovious watching them play.Though its not impossible to rebuild the bears,they just need that extra push that they can get from having the comfort in knowing who there coach is and what he has done.Its like they don't try.Anyways what I think that there gonna pay him a heck of alot of money to come there.God forbid he leaves after a couple of years though .We all know what happen to Red Bank when he left...They kinda just fell apart :/Anywho If anyone know if this is true please post

825424028[/snapback]

who did you hear this from ?

This has to be the funnyist post I've seen. Coach Weathers had enough of people who don't care about winning football in Dade Co. GA. Why would he go to the bottom of the barrel in 2-5a. He spent 30yrs. at Red Bank and you think he would go to his 3rd school in 3 yrs. He has a history of stability. He also has a history with the principle at Soddy-Daisy.

You have a reference to "purple" in your screen name. If that refers to Central, it sounds like you have enough coaching problems to deal with.

I think someone is pulling our leg. Even the biggest hater of Red Bank in the world ( ME ) has embraced Coach Weathers. I have done a 180 turn around. That would be a mistake for him because we have embraced him into SD. What a difference in the kids, the parents, the atmosphere. It is a fun place now. Even though I was against Weathers coming, I sure would hate for him to go...I don't think he is because I think he promised Mr Smith 5 years. Still after 11 games, he looks funny wearing SD blue and gold!!!!!

Glad to see you come around, Mr SD. HS post was me. I'm sure win or lose this Friday it will be different at Dobyns-Bennet this year. After being within 1 yard of a 10-7 halftime game, Coach Weathers won't tell the kids how they have embarassed HIM and throw a water cooler at them. Boy what a motivator that last coach was.

This has to be the funnyist post I've seen.  Coach Weathers had enough of people who don't care about winning football in Dade Co. GA.  Why would he go to the bottom of the barrel in 2-5a.  He spent 30yrs. at Red Bank and you think he would go to his 3rd school in 3 yrs.  He has a history of stability.  He also has a history with the principle at Soddy-Daisy.

You have a reference to "purple" in your screen name.  If that refers to Central, it sounds like you have enough coaching problems to deal with.

825424308[/snapback]

There are plenty of people who care about Bradley Football!!! Give it some time and the Bears will be back. Enjoy all the jokes about BCHS now, 'cause I know for a fact people are COMMITTED AND SERIOUS about rebuilding that program! The search is on for the man to do the job and plenty of people are willing and able to help!