Tyler McCannfor MVP 2

hotcorner2

I was reading the post about tyler mccann for mvp and everyone was saying that tyler cant be mvp and he didnt deserve it and how he had open lay-ups. well to all you people that doubt think about this. ben rhonda for etsu plays the same kind of ball as tyler, back door cuts for open layups ten foot jumpers 8 to 10 rebounds a gmae and he plays D1 at ETSU. and saying that he is not a D1 prospect is stupid. I know for a fact that D1 wofford wants him D1 david lipscomb wants him and other D1 school are sending him letters everyday. and the last ten games of the season and into the tourniments tyler averaged 11 points and 8 rebounds as a role player. he stepped up in the state and did what he had to do. so dont take away from the hard work he put in to last season. just think about that.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading the post about tyler mccann for mvp and everyone was saying that tyler cant be mvp and he didnt deserve it and how he had open lay-ups. well to all you people that doubt think about this. ben rhonda for etsu plays the same kind of ball as tyler, back door cuts for open layups ten foot jumpers 8 to 10 rebounds a gmae and he plays D1 at ETSU. and saying that he is not a D1 prospect is stupid. I know for a fact that D1 wofford wants him D1 david lipscomb wants him and other D1 school are sending him letters everyday. and the last ten games of the season and into the tourniments tyler averaged 11 points and 8 rebounds as a role player. he stepped up in the state and did what he had to do. so dont take away from the hard work he put in to last season. just think about that.

825429036[/snapback]

And if there's anyone on here that doesn't think that Tyler is any good, just as him, he'll be glad to tell you how good he is. hahahahahahahaha :)

I think you might be right.

He's the president of his own fan club.

I was a Sophomore when they won the title, so I don't know them that well, but all talking he's been doing since, has made me wonder if he's not getting ahead of himself. I'm a Ranger, so I wish them the best, but his cocky attitude might get adjusted when the first game gets played.

Winning one "award" or having a good set of games, doesn't make you an all-star.

Consistency is what makes you an all-star, having your A or B game, everytime you step onto the court, is what makes you a super-star/leader.

Maybe he'll learn that---for our sake, I hope so. There is nothing wrong with confidence, but he's got more than his fair share.

Just my 2 cents... :rolleyes:

This is a really funny post.For one no division one school is going to take a chance on a 5'11 guard who I personally saw play a numerous amount of times last year.

Dont get me wrong the kid is a good player but he had players around him last year in that state tournament to make him look like he was the greatest player to walk the floor.There is a lot more to being a good player then just having a good tournament game "example"Giles county the year before last yes the same team with Tennessee signee Tyler Smith who will prob be drafted by his sophmore year of college to the NBA did not even receive the mvp award of the state tournament a role player point guard did and he was in the same situation as tyler and I remember seeing hearing him giving all the credit to his teammates around him.

There is a difference between being a good player and a mediocur player.You got to know how to get your players involved in the game.Thats something that the Chambers kid could do really well last year.He knew what he had to do to help his team win a basketball game not only could he get his teammates open but he knew when he had to step it up and take over the game.He played unselfish and just went out there and had fun because he knew how to play the game of basketball. But we will see how good of a player the kid is this season when he has to try to do the work with out having those 3 seniors there to save them.

It takes more than 1 person to be successfull. seems like Unaka is cashing all of its chips on 1 prize this year. if its that case then tickets should be sold at the games this year saying welcome to the tyler Mccan show.Call him mvp call him whatever you want to call him but in everyone elses eyes around here the kid is stilll a role player no stars on that team comming back this year just replacements.

By the way everyone is talking about this years team you might know them once

the season starts as the "UNAKA STRANGERS" :)

Edited by 3Dgymnasium

This is a really funny post.For one no division one school is going to take a chance on a 5'11 guard who I personally saw play a numerous amount of times last year.

Dont get me wrong the kid is a good player but he had players around him last year in that state tournament to make him look like he was the greatest player to walk the floor.There is a lot more to being a good player then just having a good tournament game "example"Giles county the year before last yes the same team with Tennessee signee Tyler Smith who will prob be drafted by his sophmore year of college to the NBA did not even receive the mvp award of the state tournament a role player point guard did and he was in the same situation as tyler and I remember seeing hearing him giving all the credit to his teammates around him.

There is a difference between being a good player and a mediocur player.You got to know how to get your players involved in the game.Thats something that the Chambers kid could do really well last year.He knew what he had to do to help his team win a basketball game not only could he get his teammates open but he knew when he had to step it up and take over the game.He played unselfish and just went out there and had fun because he knew how to play the game of basketball. But we will see how good of a player the kid is this season when he has to try to do the work with out having those 3 seniors there to save them.

It takes more than 1 person to be successfull. seems like Unaka is cashing all of its chips on 1 prize this year. if its that case then tickets should be sold at the games this year saying welcome to the tyler Mccan show.Call him mvp call him whatever you want to call him but in everyone elses eyes around here the kid is stilll a role player no stars on that team comming back this year just replacements.

the season starts as the "UNAKA STRANGERS" :unsure:

825430947[/snapback]

You're right on the money 3d...Obviously, there's several people out there who think the same thing we do. You know, you're absolutely right about the chambers kid. He wasn't a superstar but he sure could play ball. No flash, no dazzle (well maybe a few behind the back passes), but just good old fashioned basketball. He did have a knack for seeing the open players on the floor and getting them the ball. He wasn't concerned with MVP or how may have I scored but what can I do to help win this game. Mr. Tyler had better wake up and smell the coffee this year. YOU ARE NOT A ONE MAN SHOW.

WOW!!!!!! you guy's are being a little rough arent you? It sounds as tuough someone's daddy may be a little jelous, don't you think??? Woops, reads like mommy is to!??? :D

825432814[/snapback]

very logical good post. thumb old habits die hard I guess bash others and build up yours. The chemestry of last years team took a long time to develop and I'd say the same go's for this years team. p.s. I watched the tourney last year and the selection commity got it right.

Well I am going to step up to the plate and go to bat for some people on here

And that will be Big Red Dog and Hot Corner 2.Sounds like Hot Corner is just expressing his opinion on here about Tyler just like every one else has opinions on this board if you dont like them dont read the thread.Seems to me he is a big fan of him so let it be that way and dont get on here bashing him on his opinion. And to Big Red Dog it is obvious that the kid is no one man show no one will be on that team this year by judging all the talent they lost but does that give "Rangerbook" the right to come on here and just start calling people out saying this persons jealous and that person is jealous no you dont If it is who i think you are talking about come on there is no jealouse between anyones parents or any players up there on the creek for all you know it is a bunch of students from another school trying to get Tyler fired up.If i do recall reading on here last year didnt Chambers go through this a little bit last year after receiving district mvp region mvp and player of the year and as usual it is by a group of students who have nothing better to do is to sit in class and post on this website about other kids.

Now to get the facts strait to everyone out there on the creek in the county or anywhere around East Tennessee there is no comparison between Mccann or Chambers and there probably never will be yea the kid is a good player but if you go back and look from the time Chambers played to the time Mccann played than you will get a reality check. Chambers has played quality minutes on varsity from the time he was a freshman to a senior tyler has not and dont forget this is when the Aaron Dugger and Ben Cole days were around to.And im sure if you ask any coaches around the East Tennessee area who the best player is between those to they will tell you its Chambers.There is no doubt in my mind the kid is good dont get me wrong there I saw him play those 3 games last year and his confidence level was very strong and the way he handled himself through the tournament was outstanding but dont try to compare 3 good games from a kid to 4 amazing years of someone in my eyes was one of the best players in the upper East Tennessee area last year.

All of you people on here should be encouraging this kid.No he is no one man show but im sure he reads this and doesnt like all the negatory things people are saying. Both kids last year were a class act you never saw them open there mouth and they shared the ball with each other and didnt worry about points because they knew what they had to do to win they worked good together at it.There was no one man show last year nor will there be a one man show this year it will be a team effort as it has been in the past and you can make sure coach ensor makes sure of that.

"And with a name like RangerBook its obvious what position you stand in upon the creek"Good luck to Unaka this year and have a good season represent carter county well. thumb

Edited by 3Dgymnasium

3d I see where you are coming from with the 3 gmaes camparing to 4 years, but i was there all four years as rusty has played and he played alot in those yrs but in the first two he didnt play well at all. he was young and i dont feel he should have been put out there that much in the situations he did. but the last two years he played well. same as tyler played well all last yr i dont know if you just never saw tyler play all last yr but he did great the whole yr not just in the state tourny. and as far as anyone saying it is a one man show, and only replacement coming back, has everyone forgot about derek cline. he was a key player all year last year.and rusty holsclaw. he also provide a huge role in the championship run. i think people underestimate the role these juniors played last year. i think the rangers are going to surprise people. so dont count them out and good luck rangers.

3dGym 1st Post

the season starts as the "UNAKA STRANGERS"

3dGym 2nd Post

Well I am going to step up to the plate and go to bat for some people on here

And that will be Big Red Dog and Hot Corner 2.Sounds like Hot Corner is just expressing his opinion on here about Tyler just like every one else has opinions on this board if you dont like them dont read the thread.Seems to me he is a big fan of him so let it be that way and dont get on here bashing him on his opinion. And to Big Red Dog it is obvious that the kid is no one man show no one will be on that team this year by judging all the talent they lost but does that give "Rangerbook" the right to come on here and just start calling people out saying this persons jealous and that person is jealous no you dont If it is who i think you are talking about come on there is no jealouse between anyones parents or any players up there on the creek for all you know it is a bunch of students from another school trying to get Tyler fired up.If i do recall reading on here last year didnt Chambers go through this a little bit last year after receiving district mvp region mvp and player of the year and as usual it is by a group of students who have nothing better to do is to sit in class and post on this website about other kids.

Now to get the facts strait to everyone out there on the creek in the county or anywhere around East Tennessee there is no comparison between Mccann or Chambers and there probably never will be yea the kid is a good player but if you go back and look from the time Chambers played to the time Mccann played than you will get a reality check. Chambers has played quality minutes on varsity from the time he was a freshman to a senior tyler has not and dont forget this is when the Aaron Dugger and Ben Cole days were around to.And im sure if you ask any coaches around the East Tennessee area who the best player is between those to they will tell you its Chambers.There is no doubt in my mind the kid is good dont get me wrong there I saw him play those 3 games last year and his confidence level was very strong and the way he handled himself through the tournament was outstanding but dont try to compare 3 good games from a kid to 4 amazing years of someone in my eyes was one of the best players in the upper East Tennessee area last year.

All of you people on here should be encouraging this kid.No he is no one man show but im sure he reads this and doesnt like all the negatory things people are saying. Both kids last year were a class act you never saw them open there mouth and they shared the ball with each other and didnt worry about points because they knew what they had to do to win they worked good together at it.There was no one man show last year nor will there be a one man show this year it will be a team effort as it has been in the past and you can make sure coach ensor makes sure of that.

"And with a name like RangerBook its obvious what position you stand in upon the creek"Good luck to Unaka this year and have a good season represent carter county well.

I sense a little contradictory in these 2 remarks. Don't you?

I see where you are coming from youngdog My first post was to let the people know that if anyone knows how the system works up there that it is ran by 1 man and that is coach Donald Ensor.He and I know that you cant win games with one man if anything I am defending the kid nothing negative about the way I feel towards the program and sucess Unaka has accomplished in the past and future. But when you say that the kid could be possibly be going to Wofford,David Lipscomb "ECT" on the D1 school talk than yes I am going to say that it is going overboard Ben Rhoda get real. I saw there roster last night and watched them play a couple of times last year and there is a big difference Ben Rhoda is 6'4 with a solid frame built body the last time I saw this kid play he is 5'11 if not 6'0 not a D1 college type frame.And when you think about it out of all the good players that have played in that program up there do you not think they have received some D1 letters I believe everyone does.But when you think about it whens the last time you saw any one in that school system sign a D1 scholarship for basketball I dont recall hearing of any.

Dugger and Chambers were great players up there but did they sign a D1 scholarship no because there is a difference between highschool ball and college ball I have saw many D1 schools play to NAIA to D2 to D3 and this is no knock to Tyler or any body affiliated with Tyler but he is not a D1 player I have seen it all and if he is anything he would fit in perfectly somewhere like a D2 or D3 or even a NAIA school but D1 is way out of his league.Much faster,stronger,and better players at that level if anybody gives this kid any advice at all it needs to be something positive I have seen enough bashing on here to where this thread needs to be locked.But all I want to say is I believe this kid will make a good player at somewhere other than a D1 school if he wants to see the floor than take my advice but concentrate more on your education than worrying about basketball basketball only gets you so far get your education and you are set for life kid.

My apoligy goes out to youngdog or anyone out there who thought I was offending this kid all my posts are meant to be directed in a positive manner not negative.

Good luck rangers and fans on your 2004 2004 season. thumb

Edited by 3Dgymnasium