ELIZABETHTON AT TENNESSEE HIGH 4A

TellTheTruth2004

It would be kind of foolish not to scout your next 'probable' opponent. Probable as in if you are fortunate enough to win to get there. I really don't think it matters a whole lot where the game is played at this point in the season.  I see alot of people posting on here that are not Vikes or Cyclones and that's good to see. I'm sure the interest is high for this game. We, over here in Elizabethton, are proud to have such a young overall team do so well after a rough, learning start, and like you Vikings, we want to take the next step. I'm sure it will be a better game than the previous meeting, but how good......  don't know. I'll wait and check on things before I venture a guestamite on the score. Good luck to your Vikings and I was glad to see Nidiffer sign with Kentucky baseball last week. Good family and a good move for him. :D

Let's see if we can keep both sides classy in our posts. Usually some kid stirs things up, but when dealing with two class programs it is only common sense to keep things on the up and up! thumb

825431012[/snapback]

Thanks for your props on Marcus!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know its not Maryville's fault they have to play in a weak region. Those other teams in the region with Maryville such as Powell & Knox Central and also Halls & Knox West has got to be the reason Region 3 has been so week this year. yeah right!

That is a kicker, GLee. Most have posted that THS has faced no competition this year until MoWest from Region 2 came up to play them. Now CoachT has the vikes listed as strength rank #1 and schedule rank #19. I wonder what their Strength of Focus rating is about now?

80+ yard of offense against South? Surely since Elizabethton is part of that strength rating they can pass the ball alittle and beat the vikes. I think they can. THS can't throw it and Betsy can. Can the Cyclones hold down the viking running game this week?

825431906[/snapback]

Can't throw it is a little strong. Haven't had to is a little better analysis.

Playoffs is all about survival and advance.

You failed to mention THS special teams yardage over 200 yards.

One game at a time. Your next game could be your last.

I think both Vikes and Rebels saw that last Friday nite.

I've said in previous posts that Maryville is #1 until proven otherwise.

Maryville program is where all other 4A teams set as an example.

The Vikes are having a great season and I'm enjoying the ride.

I'm extremely proud of this group of young men and their accomplishments.

The process of elimination approaches the hump game.

From 32 to 16 to 8. To make it this far is an honor.

I congratulate the remaining teams and wish them the best!

I hope to see the THS "bounce" back against Betsy!

Edited by Stone Cold Castle

It's just impossible for Betsy to win against THS. It's like pairing UT against Tusculum. Not gonna happen. THS is superior this year and will whip Betsy by at least 31 points unless the 2nd team offense takes it easy on them.

Have fun. The game should have a fun first half like always. The hype should run out by halftime, though.

Betsy has had a decent season and shouldn't feel bad about an 8-5 record. I mean they beat two teams in the playoffs whose regular season records combined to be 17-3. Not bad.

THS--38

EHS--7

<_<

Picks, its the 13th week of a long season. And thats not counting the 2 friday afternoons of scrimmages leading up to the 1st game.

What happened in earlier games just don't mean so much now. I'm sure the Cyclones and the Vikings are going to play their best. And the best team come friday night wins.

The playoffs in East Tennessee have proven just that. The best team on THAT night wins.

btw, those teams such as Elizabethton that play alot of young players now have an advantage toward next year. Those young players are by now very experienced players!

825432396[/snapback]

Elizabethton is playing so well, I think in part they are playing for two people. 1 is for Coach Tommy Jenkins who had passed away this past year and the other is for thier trainer Aimee who is being sent to Iraq. She told them that they don't offen get to right a wrong and losing to TN high was a wrong. Besty will come out stong and determined, Besty wins a close one.

MISSING: TENNESSEE HIGH FOOTBALL TEAM

REWARD: UNDISCLOSED AMOUNT

Seriously, has anyone seen the Vikings in the past two weeks??? I think there are imposters wearing their jerseys on friday nights. Where is the fire that I saw at the East game??? Do the seniors not realize that every game could be their last??? There is only going to be one team in 4A playoffs this year that ends the season with a win, and I don't know if the Vikings want it to be them or not. If you haven't already realized, nobody is going to just hand over the game, you still have to show up and play hard every game! :lol:

Where do I start? The offensive line is getting pushed back and not opening any holes. The running backs aren't running hard anymore after contact. The wide receivers aren't blocking. The defensive front is still playing hard, but they're not getting any help. The linebackers are getting blocked and nobody is stepping in to help. Which leads me to something else... :lol:

Let's give a hand to the coaching staff. South was running so many different plays on offense that I was amazed that they figured a way to stop it. No, I'm wrong, they ran the same play 2,341 times in a row and it took them two years to make an adjustment. Isn't football a game of adjustments??? Come on guys, have to get smarter. How bout we go to the shotgun and throw 20 screen passes, yeah that'll work, or get one on one coverage with a guy ten times faster than the cornerback and we run the ball instead when they have 8 and 9 in the box. Stubborness is good for very few things, and play calling in football is not one of them. :lol:

We were lucky to win this game, and we won the game only because of our superior athletes and special teams play. South outplayed us and outcoached us, period. The most important thing is that we came away with the win, and we have another chance to come out and play.

There is no doubt in my mind that if the real Vikings show up and play hard and smart, then they can beat anyone, but it must happen one game at a time. This week we must beat Elizabethton or we don't play anymore. I am as bad as anyone to look to the Maryville game, but I think this has caused this highly talented team to take other teams for granted the past two weeks. The boys better get some fire in their eyes or they may be turnin in their pads next week. Somebody needs to go find the real Vikings, the ones who WANT to hit people, the ones who WANT to win, the ones who CARE about winning. I know there still there, I saw the best team in the state the game of THS vs. East. We're gettin back on track starting this week with Elizabethon. No Mercy!

Go Vikes! thumb

MISSING:  TENNESSEE HIGH FOOTBALL TEAM

REWARD:  UNDISCLOSED AMOUNT

Seriously, has anyone seen the Vikings in the past two weeks???  I think there are imposters wearing their jerseys on friday nights.  Where is the fire that I saw at the East game???  Do the seniors not realize that every game could be their last???  There is only going to be one team in 4A playoffs this year that ends the season with a win, and I don't know if the Vikings want it to be them or not.  If you haven't already realized, nobody is going to just hand over the game, you still have to show up and play hard every game! :lol:

Where do I start?  The offensive line is getting pushed back and not opening any holes.  The running backs aren't running hard anymore after contact.  The wide receivers aren't blocking.  The defensive front is still playing hard, but they're not getting any help.  The linebackers are getting blocked and nobody is stepping in to help.  Which leads me to something else... :lol:

Let's give a hand to the coaching staff.  South was running so many different plays on offense that I was amazed that they figured a way to stop it.  No, I'm wrong, they ran the same play 2,341 times in a row and it took them two years to make an adjustment.  Isn't football a game of adjustments???  Come on guys, have to get smarter.  How bout we go to the shotgun and throw 20 screen passes, yeah that'll work, or get one on one coverage with a guy ten times faster than the cornerback and we run the ball instead when they have 8 and 9 in the box.  Stubborness is good for very few things, and play calling in football is not one of them.  :lol:

We were lucky to win this game, and we won the game only because of our superior athletes and special teams play.  South outplayed us and outcoached us, period.  The most important thing is that we came away with the win, and we have another chance to come out and play. 

There is no doubt in my mind that if the real Vikings show up and play hard and smart, then they can beat anyone, but it must happen one game at a time.  This week we must beat Elizabethton or we don't play anymore.  I am as bad as anyone to look to the Maryville game, but I think this has caused this highly talented team to take other teams for granted the past two weeks.  The boys better get some fire in their eyes or they may be turnin in their pads next week.  Somebody needs to go find the real Vikings, the ones who WANT to hit people, the ones who WANT to win, the ones who CARE about winning.  I know there still there, I saw the best team in the state the game of THS vs. East.  We're gettin back on track starting this week with Elizabethon.  No Mercy!

Go Vikes! thumb

825432636[/snapback]

I agree with you 100% BVD. Some of the Vikings looked like they traded in their pads for some skirts last Friday night. I couldn't tell if Stickley and Wilson were playing football or tiptoeing through the tulips. :lol: They need to either start laying hits, or find somebody that will!

THS is a more veteran squad, but the biggest advantage of all that I noticed was in the special teams department. I'm sure both coaches will prepare each team well and it will come down to who can execute consistantly. Never know until Friday night. I look for a much better game than our last meeting, but who knows...... guess we are all the ESPN of Upper East TN. :lol:

CYCLONE PLAYERS,COACHES AND FANS HAVE THE UTMOST RESPECT FOR THE THS PROGRAM.I HAVE BEEN WATCHING MO,STEVIE,BRANDON AND THE CREW PLAY SINCE THEY WERE IN THE 7TH GRADE.THESE GUYS ARE REAL CLASS ACTS.BUT THERE WILL BE CLASS ACTS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BALL AS WELL.ALWAYS HAS BEEN GREAT BALLGAMES BETWEEN THESE TWO CLUBS.I AM TRUELY PROUD OF OUR KIDS TO BATTLE BACK FROM WHERE THEY WERE,AND YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.PROUD TO BE A CYCLONE DAD,FAN,AND SUPPORTER TO A GREAT BUNCH OF KIDS.GOOD LUCK TO BOTH SCHOOLS.

MISSING:  TENNESSEE HIGH FOOTBALL TEAM

REWARD:  UNDISCLOSED AMOUNT

Seriously, has anyone seen the Vikings in the past two weeks???  I think there are imposters wearing their jerseys on friday nights.  Where is the fire that I saw at the East game???  Do the seniors not realize that every game could be their last???  There is only going to be one team in 4A playoffs this year that ends the season with a win, and I don't know if the Vikings want it to be them or not.  If you haven't already realized, nobody is going to just hand over the game, you still have to show up and play hard every game! :D

Where do I start?  The offensive line is getting pushed back and not opening any holes.  The running backs aren't running hard anymore after contact.  The wide receivers aren't blocking.  The defensive front is still playing hard, but they're not getting any help.  The linebackers are getting blocked and nobody is stepping in to help.  Which leads me to something else... :D

Let's give a hand to the coaching staff.  South was running so many different plays on offense that I was amazed that they figured a way to stop it.  No, I'm wrong, they ran the same play 2,341 times in a row and it took them two years to make an adjustment.  Isn't football a game of adjustments???  Come on guys, have to get smarter.  How bout we go to the shotgun and throw 20 screen passes, yeah that'll work, or get one on one coverage with a guy ten times faster than the cornerback and we run the ball instead when they have 8 and 9 in the box.  Stubborness is good for very few things, and play calling in football is not one of them.  :D

We were lucky to win this game, and we won the game only because of our superior athletes and special teams play.  South outplayed us and outcoached us, period.  The most important thing is that we came away with the win, and we have another chance to come out and play. 

There is no doubt in my mind that if the real Vikings show up and play hard and smart, then they can beat anyone, but it must happen one game at a time.  This week we must beat Elizabethton or we don't play anymore.  I am as bad as anyone to look to the Maryville game, but I think this has caused this highly talented team to take other teams for granted the past two weeks.  The boys better get some fire in their eyes or they may be turnin in their pads next week.  Somebody needs to go find the real Vikings, the ones who WANT to hit people, the ones who WANT to win, the ones who CARE about winning.  I know there still there, I saw the best team in the state the game of THS vs. East.  We're gettin back on track starting this week with Elizabethon.  No Mercy!

Go Vikes! thumb

825432636[/snapback]

AAAMEN BIGDADDY68 on all accounts!!! Especially the coaching issue… I don’t think our coaches ever made an adjustment to stop that play! Where the just stunned??! And what about coming out in the shotgun on a rainy cold night? What was the logic behind that? One other thing… Major carried the ball 3 times, Mo 1 time, Shaw 1 time, and Bell 1 time??!!!! STOP TRYING TO PAD BA’S STATT BOOK!!!! He’s fumbled the ball more times than the rest of the team combined! Why… BECAUSE HE’S NOT BUILT TO BE A WORKHORSE!!! BA is a great competitor and gives you 100% every play… and when the line is holding their blocks and the holes are there he can quickly pile up the yards. Major and Shaw have proven themselves to be able to make their own holes and loosen up the box so that we can gain control of the line of scrimmage. And what about BELL… easily the most gifted back that THS has but rarely gets to touch the ball because he’s an underclassman. (To be honest with you I’m not sure why they don’t give this kid more touches).

I could go on and on but the bottom line is that THS’s coaching staff has been very fortunate to have such a talented group of athletes this year. This is a group of kids that has given us all something to cheer and be proud of. But at this point in the season it’s time for the coaching staff to step up and show their skills!! This INCLUDES getting the players mentally ready for opponents that they have completely dominated in the past. The coaching staff should take the South game personal because it was their game plan decisions (or lack there of) that almost sent us home early. The coaching staff WILL be better prepared this week. If both teams bring their A game… I see the Vikings winning BIG over the Cyclones!