ELIZABETHTON AT TENNESSEE HIGH 4A

TellTheTruth2004

Its going to be a hard game both teams has their sites set on the championship but THS had done great this year and are hoping to keep the streak going but EHS has done good to. So its going to be a good game we will not overlook them we will be ready hopefully it will come out on the good end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THS- 21

EHS-17 thumb

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the people that were at the first game, how in the world can you pick EHS to even be in the game? About strength of schedule every team in region 3 could beat every team in region 1 except TN High, who might be able to beat the #3 and #4 seeds in region 3. Maryville and Knox Central will and would have laid the Rock Bottom on teams from NE TN like they do every year. They get better because they play better competition. You do not get better playing Unicoi, Sullivan Central, Boone, Johnson County and Science Hill who has been pretty bad the last few years. All the teams in Region 2 were a joke this year too.

To all the Elizabethton fans I know how many coaches they have, but why do they let all them spongers or whatever you call them be on the sidelines? They should be on the other side of the fence. I bet if I went and sat on the end of the basketball bench I would be told to move. What is the difference? It does not matter who you are or how much money you have if you are not a coach you should not be allowed on the sidelines.

I would like to congratulate Coach Pless, his staff, and the Cyclone team. Despite the haters, nay sayers, and season long gloom and doomers, this Cyclone team has persevered. You now are preparing for a third round playoff game. Not many would have predicted you would even get this far. Obviously, Tennessee High is a prohibitive favorite, but they still have to play the game. Stay focused, loose , and confident. Go out and have fun Friday, leaving nothing on the field. You might just pull off a big upset. GO CYCLONES!!!!!!!!!!!

Betsy has alot of coaches, no doubt. Maybe too many, maybe not. If you were to ever attend a practice you would see them split into groups with each coach doing different things with different groups. They are all on the sidelines come Friday nite, but where they do their work is at practice. I've been there and seen the dedication the coaches put into it. They do what they thing is best and some of us may not agree, but if we were the coaches I guess there would be plenty on here dissin' us also. In any case, all of the coaches participate in pactice, but their input is more limited on game nights. I don't see a problem with 12=13 coaches as long as they are doing a job. And really, I don't think any of these guys are on there because they have money or know someone who swings a coaching deal for them. Lander33 or DC, yes VD has a son, but he doesn't play football. Good day.

VikeFanatic,

How much of the game did you actually watch last friday night? The reason I ask is that if you were really watching the game, you wouldn't blame it entirely on the coaching staff.

That was probably the worst I have ever seen the Vikes play. The offense didn't execute, the defense could not make a tackle, and had it not been for the play of the special teams, we probably wouldn't have won at all. I really don't think that making plays, executing, and fundamentals can be blamed on the coaches. I have seen the Vikings practice, and I have seen them work on fundamentals on a weekly basis since August.

It is easy to blame people for mistakes made, but you need to watch a little closer to make sure you are blaming the right people. The THS players had already beaten South 52-7, and as hard as they tried, I am sure that it was nearly impossible to convince the players to play hard. After all it is difficult to beat a good team twice in one season, and South is a good team. I have to give them the respect they deserve.

I did not know David Brown, Sam Greenwell and the other people whose names I do not know that stand along the sidelines were coaches. Pless, Hooks, Van Huss, Witten, Preacher,Hambrick and Livingston were the only ones that belong one the sidelines because they are listed as coaches. McKinney, Wagner, Jenkins, Moore and Burleson I guess were up in the pressbox but they can stand on the sidelines because they are coaches. Read my post and you will understand what I meant. I said nothing about the coaches. You can laugh when David Brown gets EHS a flag for being out of the coaches box. He cannot go down to the 5 and 10 yardline if he is on the sidelines. GLee I did not know I had a kid. If I had a kid I would have no problem with him playing for Pless.

AAAMEN BIGDADDY68 on all accounts!!! Especially the coaching issue… I don’t think our coaches ever made an adjustment to stop that play! Where the just stunned??! And what about coming out in the shotgun on a rainy cold night? What was the logic behind that? One other thing… Major carried the ball 3 times, Mo 1 time, Shaw 1 time, and Bell 1 time??!!!! STOP TRYING TO PAD BA’S STATT BOOK!!!! He’s fumbled the ball more times than the rest of the team combined! Why… BECAUSE HE’S NOT BUILT TO BE A WORKHORSE!!! BA is a great competitor and gives you 100% every play… and when the line is holding their blocks and the holes are there he can quickly pile up the yards. Major and Shaw have proven themselves to be able to make their own holes and loosen up the box so that we can gain control of the line of scrimmage. And what about BELL… easily the most gifted back that THS has but rarely gets to touch the ball because he’s an underclassman. (To be honest with you I’m not sure why they don’t give this kid more touches).

I could go on and on but the bottom line is that THS’s coaching staff has been very fortunate to have such a talented group of athletes this year. This is a group of kids that has given us all something to cheer and be proud of. But at this point in the season it’s time for the coaching staff to step up and show their skills!! This INCLUDES getting the players mentally ready for opponents that they have completely dominated in the past. The coaching staff should take the South game personal because it was their game plan decisions (or lack there of) that almost sent us home early. The coaching staff WILL be better prepared this week. If both teams bring their A game… I see the Vikings winning BIG over the Cyclones!

825432979[/snapback]

You bring up some very good points there.

First of all, the coaches were using a RB who relies on speed and elusiveness to gain his yardage, I'm speaking of BA of course. On a wet field this does not work very good when he cannot get his feet underneath him, this nullifies his strengths and it showed. We needed to run our power guys right at them, like they were doing to us. And FINALLY, they realized that and let Major jam one in there, he broke a few tackles and scores. We run those guys all night and we cruise to victory. It's not rocket science, take what the other team and the conditions give you, and make ADJUSTMENTS!

Sometimes I think the offensive coordinator is coaching for the other team. What a joke some of the play calling is! Can you say PREDICTABLE! :o If I didn't know better I would say he had never played football in his life. They need a guy up there who makes the appropriate calls according to the defense, and maybe a guy that has a PAIR! :o It would be sad to see such a talented group of athletes blow all of this potential because of the stubborness of ONE man. You can't rely on just athletic ability all year, this team is lucky to have been blessed with so many talented players, but now it's time for the coaches to step up and do something. These are 16-18 yr. old boys whose emotions feed off of the coaches, and it's obvious that the team has not been focused the past two games.