Boyd Buchanan @ Friendship Christian

BnL

Well, I guess we can go ahead and get this started.

Boyd will travel to FCS for the quarterfinal game. Last year's score was 49-20. It wasn't close. I know FCS is a better team than they were last year. Boyd is just as strong as they were last year. Has FCS improved enough to bridge the gap?

Looking at the schedules, both teams look similar in margins of victory. I think the difference is in what the teams have seen already this season. I think Boyd's experience against stopping some very talented passing teams already this season will be their advantage. I don't think FCS has seen an offense with as many weapons as Boyd's, nor a defense as strong as Boyd's.

This could be a very exciting game. But, I think Boyd will prove to be too strong on both sides of the ball.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fcs doesn't have a chance you look at who friendship plays then at who boyd plays and how well they performed it is obvious boyd is a better team. boyd actually beat the crap out of goodpasture, a team that is on its way through the 2a bracket right now and has a very legit shot. i don't see boyd having any trouble until the boro.

Let's look at the comparison games:

Watertown

FC 24-7

BBS 42-7

Copper Basin

FC 49-7

BBS 62-0

So, if my math is correct, BBS is 97 points better than these 2 teams and FC is 59 points better. In theory that would make BBS 38 points better than FC.

It has been said that both teams are as good as, or a little better than, last year and BBS was 29 points better last year. So 29… 38… the numbers are in line.

However, with the way BBS has started the first two playoff games… all bets could be off if they start the third one the same way. I don’t think it is likely that they will score a touchdown on the last play of the first half again, but then they say third time is charm…

On paper it is a BBS win… but the game is played on the field. BBS needs to score early and often or the FC football team may do what their baseball team did to the Bucs last spring.

GO BUCS!

Edited by smithke

FCS has a lot of stats but the truth is they play one of if not the weakest schedule of the teams left in 1A. They have not played anyone even close to the strength of Boyd or anyone left in the west bracket. I would love to see FCS win, but logic tells me they fall to Boyd by 14. They are just not use to playing this level of competition.

Friendship has absolutely passed everyone silly up in this neck of the woods this season--no doubt about that. However, I don't believe they have seen anything resembling the type of defensive pressure that Boyd will put on them. Sweeney is a great player and will be playing on Saturdays next year, but he will be subjected to more pounding and harrassment than he has at any time this season against Boyd.

FCS is MUCH improved over last year, and they will hang tougher against Boyd than last year. I see this being close for a half, but Boyd pulls away to win by two (maybe three) TDs in the second half. Boyd's defensive pressure and running game will just eventually wear FCS down.

Wish I could be there to watch this game, but I can't.

Let's look at the comparison games:

Watertown

FC 24-7

BBS 42-7

Copper Basin

FC 49-7

BBS 62-0

So, if my math is correct, BBS is 97 points better than these 2 teams and FC is 59 points better.  In theory that would make BBS 38 points better than FC.

It has been said that both teams are as good as, or a little better than, last year and BBS was 29 points better last year. So 29… 38… the numbers are in line.

However, with the way BBS has started the first two playoff games… all bets could be off if they start the third one the same way. I don’t think it is likely that they will score a touchdown on the last play of the first half again, but then they say third time is charm…

On paper it is a BBS win… but the game is played on the field. BBS needs to score early and often or the FC football team may do what their baseball team did to the Bucs last spring.

GO BUCS!

825430587[/snapback]