Hickman County High School

okra77

when they play the inner city schools do they get out athleted or do they get out schemed and also how long has the present coach been there do they have a coach in the past that spent many years there and left

825434535[/snapback]

I can't say for sure but my guess is a little of both. It's hard to compete with the speed and resources that some programs have. I know they have lost to AA schools in non-region games so my guess is a little of both! I know Coach True and he is a fine man. My guess is they simply haven't done a great job of getting out the type of athletes that could help them win against the Metro Teams. My last few years of coaching was in Metro and I know to keep that type of athlete on the team you have to be a little flexible (if you know what I mean). You lead by example and make the kids feel you have their best interest at heart. I don't know if this has any bearing on the situation in the past at Hickman County but my guess is you can't go into that situation with a military type discipline mentality. You have to be more of a father figure than a drill sergeant and you had better find a way to reach out to the talented kids who are no longer apart of the team! I would guess that it will be tough for them to get back to the playoffs until they drop down to AAA or AA, and now that AA has all the private schools, it will still be tough to win at that level. AA in this part of the state is more competitive than AAA in some regions!

Edited by caesar

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say for sure but my guess is a little of both. It's hard to compete with the speed and resources that some programs have. I know they have lost to AA schools in non-region games so my guess is a little of both! I know Coach True and he is a fine man. My guess is they simply haven't done a great job of getting out the type of athletes that could help them win against the Metro Teams. My last few years of coaching was in Metro and I know to keep that type of athlete on the team you have to be a little flexible (if you know what I mean). You lead by example and make the kids feel you have their best interest at heart. I don't know if this has any bearing on the situation in the past at Hickman County but my guess is you can't go into that situation with a military type discipline mentality. You have to be more of a father figure than a drill sergeant and you had better find a way to reach out to the talented kids who are no longer apart of the team! I would guess that it will be tough for them to get back to the playoffs until they drop down to AAA or AA, and now that AA has all the private schools, it will still be tough to win at that level. AA in this part of the state is more competitive than AAA in some regions!

825434618[/snapback]

this guys telling the truth we need someone who is going to get these kids interested in football again. coach true is great, but we need someone to sell the program and who is willing to work to get these kids to believe in them and the system. trust me it can be done...it was done when i was here.

I personally think that the HCHS football job would be a good one for anyone who is motivated to get this thing going in the right direction... The A.D here and the Superintendant are trying to put a big emphasis on athletics at HCHS they have done a great job of hiring new coaches in boys basketball, girls basketball, and baseball all in the last 3 or 4 years... I expect a great hire for the football as well...

football is the best gaame on earth and if it is fun for the players then things will eventually turn around just make it fun that is what i have been told if a kid likes doing something he will do it with all his might. i have seen it take place  in many schools

825434856[/snapback]

is this offical? I thought they were going to be set later this week. I"m talking about the region

Edited by dawgsfan71

let me get this right if your are going to get beat ar supposed to get beat then you should work on your passing game that is crazy

imagine this you get the ball back and are down by 21 you throw 3 incomplete passes which stops the clock everytime so you have ran about what at most 30 seconds off the clock.

so if you run the ball everytime and milk the clock i wonder which would run more time off the clock hmmmmm..

if i were there instead of throwing the ball i would have every running play i could think of and use it to run time off the clock

are the schools in tn playing in region play or division play by that i meando four teams from each region go or do two teams go

825434521[/snapback]

4 teams from each of the 8 regions in each classification go to the playoffs.At least in Division I, Division II is a little more complicated :)