New Region 3 3A

DelTavian

Going from a five team region to a nine team region will be a wakeup call for those who have been in this region. I see some of the new teams as the teams to beat next year.

If I had to guess I'd predict the top four as.....

1. East Ridge

2. Meigs County

3. Notre Dame

4. ????

It will be interesting and as a Grundy fan I'm glad to see the level of competition go up. Everyone will have to get better to have a shot at the playoffs and not just hold out hope to win one game. thumb

Welcome to the jungle boys and girls. <_<

Del.

I think this region will be very competitive. Each team has some good athletes that really love to play football. The best thing is that all these teams are fairly close. These teams have played each other before in the regular season, and if not in the regular season they played in spring scrimmages or preseason scrimmages. Also it houses a pretty good rivalary with Meigs vs Central which is always a classic. I think Meigs and Polk will do fine with the move up to class 3A but i believe Tellico will struggle a bit. But you never know unti lyou play the games.

Meigs competed with notre dame this year but came up a yard short in double overtime. Meigs had that game won but notre dame made a great comeback converting three 4th downs. One was really long. I think they will be fine with the competition. Coach Martin will have his troops ready next year.

Edited by mrfootball2000