LCHS - BGA

wildcat2004

Well, basketball season is beginning :D Lawrence County tips off their season opener Friday night against Battle Ground Academy at home. Good luck to all my girls on the team! I know they are gonna go out there and show us what Lawrence County basketball is all about...especially all the people that are sayin there arent any 'Katie Smiths, Mary Beth Berrys, Arleigh Brackins, Catie Woods, etc.' on the team. Don't get me wrong, I loved to watch all of those girls play. (And, the people that say that are right, actually. Those Lady Cats aren't in high school anymore, they have went on and accomplished wonderful things in life.) The girls on this year's team have a lot of talent and have the potential to be just as good or better than the awesome players of Lawrence County past. There are some girls on this team that will impress their names on womens basketball just as other Lady Cats have successfully done in the past. Good luck Lady Cats! I'm still cheerin for yall all the way! B)

Edited by wildcat2004

Good Luck as you all begin your season. I'm much more supportive, and tolerable of you guys since Coach Muckle has taken the team, and the Wild's have made their way into a different state!! Good luck, and best wishes for a GREAT season. I hope you win them all but 2!! LOL!! I'm not bein a jerk, but ofcourse I dont want my Lady Mustangs to lose to you all!! Good luck with all your other games tho!! Represent Lawrence County (the county) well in AAA this year, and we will do our best in AA!!

Go Lady Mustangs!! :huh:

SPORTZTER1

Very well stated. I think the bigger the rivalry we have between the county schools the better as long as we don't see all that haterizing going on. I just wish LCHS could pick up Summertown again so all three played each other every year. If nothing else, it would be six great gates for the schools.

I long for the day when we have all three schools in the 'Boro' at one time. Y'all did your part last year. I hope we can give you more of a game this year than last, but either way, I'll still be pulling for y'all to go all the way.

HOOPS TO YA COUNTY!!!!

kw

Sportzter

Although you did not bash the Lawrence County girls program in your post, there was no reason for the comment about the Wilds. If you were happy to see them gone, fine, but they will always be a part of the Lady Cat family. Lawrence County basketball was blessed to have such a great coach, even for only 3 seasons. I dont understand how the level of support or toleration has changed, b/c it is all about supporting the players. These girls deserved support all along...people not liking the coach shouldn't stop them from supporting the Lady Cats.

Good luck to the Lady Cats...who always represent Lawrence County well in AAA!

Sorry Wildcat2004!! I dont know what else I can do!! It's not good if I "supposedly" bash the Lady Cats and it's not "ok" if I wish them luck on a good season either. Anybody with decency and morals weren't crazy about the Wild's b/c they were arrogant, belittling, and foul-mouthed people! So.... if that's what you want as "members of the family" then I'm sorry!! However, even tho there are fans like you that push Loretto and Summertown people further and further away from being able to support the Lady Cats by ALWAYS having something to say, I still intend on supporting them this season. With that being said, GOOD LUCK ladies and I wish you all the best!! MAYBE we'll cya at the "boro", that'd be awesome if we could have you guys there this year as well as the two other county teams that made an appearance last season!! good luck to the county, and all teams represent A AA and AAA well!!

GO LADY MUSTANGS!!!

Saw where the score was LCHS 60 - BGA 39.  Does anyone have stats or details?

825446462[/snapback]

I don't have the stats etc.. I saw the game and thought the Cats played well at times. We need to put together a whole game or two before we can say we are on our way. From what I saw, we do have a base on which to build.

I think Huggy was high points and Ray was high boards but not sure on either of these.

kw