Ridgeway Results

cb56

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not have the results, but it was a good tournament with some good matches of some of the top kids in the area going at it. There were some big names not wrestling this weekend, but there were also some BIG names wrestling in it as well. (Marable, Dee Dee, Bauke, Barnett, Hannah, Gibbs, Rogers, Allen, Borneman). They all won, I think Cain from Rway won 160. Not sure about 103-119.

Yeah, I know it's a little late (early) for my postings, but my tournament committee and I had a long meeting tonight and I assured them that they would be posted tonight. And yes, it's still night.

Before I post, I want to thank Jim and LeAnne Fryman, Steve and Alicia Barnett, Jose Delgado, Walt Holmes, Chris Lewis, Phil Cottrell, my wife Patty, and the Ridgeway family for helping me host this tournament. I know it was difficult (maybe easier) as I wasn't there on Friday due to my football coaching duties. Thanks a lot and I can't thank you enough!!!

Advanced:

103-1st: Kent Johnson (COL); 2nd: William Alsobrook (CBHS); 3rd: Roy Pentecost (BRI)

112-1st: Nick Tramel (BAR); 2nd: Cedric Macklin (KING);3rd: Chris Livingston (HOU)

119-1st: Mike Harrison (RID); 2nd: David Carney (CBHS); 3rd: Adam Piotrowski (COR)

125-1st: Jonas Gibbs (RID); 2nd: Phillip Jackson (BRI); 3rd: Jonathan Howington (COR)

130-1st: Josh Baucke (CBHS); 2nd: Chad Warren (RID); 3rd: Anthony Anderson (COR)

135-1st: Darius Williams (CBHS); 2nd: Rob Harrison (RID); 3rd: Andrew Finley (BOL)

140-1st: Brandon Wright (HOU); 2nd: Josh Riddle (CBHS); 3rd: Vincent Page (RID)

145-1st: Andrew Barnett (GER); 2nd: Kenny Fleming (GER);3rd:Michael Jennings(CBHS)

152-1st: TJ Hannah (BOL); 2nd: Ryan Cullen (COL); 3rd: Brenden Gipson (COR)

160-1st: Ryan Cain (RID); 2nd: Daniel Poteet (COL); 3rd: Mitch Reynolds (COR)

171-1st: Nick Marable (CBHS); 2nd: Daniel Harris (BAR); 3rd: Tim Bass (KING)

189-1st: Luke Borneman(HOU);2nd:Daniel Powers(COL);3rd:Anthony Hugoboom(CBH

215-1st: Brett Rogers (COL); 2nd: RJ Autry (HOU); 3rd: Daniel Longo (BAR)

275-1st: Stewart Allen (COR); 2nd: David Conley (BOL); 3rd: John Lyons (CBHS)

Novice:

103-1st: Carter Watson (CBHS); 2nd: Josh Fowler (GER); 3rd: Justin Wilson (COR)

112-1st: Drew Shapiro (HOU); 2nd: Rob Meek (COL); 3rd: Stefen Orozco (ARL)

119-1st: Cameron Watson (BAR); 2nd: Jacques Graham (KING); 3rd: Taylor Grindol

125-1st: Josh Robinson (CBHS); 2nd: Michael Sherman (BAR); 3rd: Preston Roberts

130-1st: Clay McDearman (COL); 2nd: Kylecye Bolden (BAR); 3rd: Thurmas Crutcher

135-1st: Parker Smith (HOU); 2nd: Billy Sandridge (CBHS); 3rd: Jorge Bahulos (BAR)

140-1st: Van Rieman (ARL); 2nd: Andrew Black (COR); 3rd: Wade Bailet (WST)

145-1st: Evan Ranson (COL); 2nd: Jabrosky Henry (GER); 3rd: Joe Chovanec (CBHS)

152-1st: Kyle Land (COR); 2nd: Patrick Nelins (GER); 3rd: Jeremy McNairy (COR)

160-1st: Jason Melton (RID); 2nd: Cody Conley (ARL); 3rd: Markus Jones (GER)

171-1st: Zach Gordon (MUS); 2nd: Brent Lamer (CBHS); 3rd: Bruce Elliott (WST)

189-1st: Blake Brasher (COL); 2nd: Ryan Hurd (BAR); 3rd: Jody Jonakin (BAR)

215-1st: Terrence Pulliam (CBHS), 2nd: Trip Thomas (COR); 3rd: Jon Barnett (BAR)

275-1st: Chris Hampton (BAR); 2nd: Todd Bridgeforth (COR); 3rd: Jay Thorn (CBHS)

Edited by CoachBray

Based on these results it is difficult to pick a region front runner.

It looks like Ridgeway is the team to beat as of now. Lots of numbers and more to come. Bray has lots of kids that have wrestled a long time. may bring up eligibilty issues but he'll cover that up as well as his other scandals.

Collierville was the front runner but they more MIA's than a Vietnam Veterans Group. Rogers doesn't seem to have to do a lot get back into the wrestling world again.

Bartlett seems to follow suit from their performance last year, could be the break out team again. No real stars but hard nose kids like Tramel, Longo, and Harris will score points.

Houston always one to contend with seems to have dried up. Their stars seemed sluggish and no kill power. Could be the hasbeen coach can't get anything out of his team even though he has surrounded himself with quailty help.

Speaking of hasbeens, the Germantown coach was also a MIA. guess he plans to live off the glory of Barnett and the Simpson name.

Cordova made a lot noise last week and were quiet except for Allen's return. Where's was the 160 champ?

Another one to watch is Bolton, seems to be quiet in the background waiting to pounce.

And DII, well they're not Region 8/X, but nothing new CBHS will continue to dominate. All-American Boy looked bored with his competion, which reflects CBHS's view of their local opponents.

Ridgeway vs. CBHS. Two front runners meet early in the season, which will determine the best in West TN.

Based on these results it is difficult to pick a region front runner.

It looks like Ridgeway is the team to beat as of now. Lots of numbers and more to come.  Bray has lots of kids that have wrestled a long time. may bring up eligibilty issues but he'll cover that up as well as his other scandals.

Collierville was the front runner but they more MIA's than a Vietnam Veterans Group.  Rogers doesn't seem to have to do a lot get back into the wrestling world again.

Bartlett seems to follow suit from their performance last year, could be the break out team again.  No real stars but hard nose kids like Tramel, Longo, and Harris will score points.

Houston always one to contend with seems to have dried up.  Their stars seemed sluggish and no kill power.  Could be the hasbeen coach can't get anything out of his team even though he has surrounded himself with quailty help.

Speaking of hasbeens, the Germantown coach was also a MIA.  guess he plans to live off the glory of Barnett and the Simpson name.

Cordova made a lot noise last week and were quiet except for Allen's return.  Where's was the 160 champ?

Another one to watch is Bolton, seems to be quiet in the background waiting to pounce.

And DII, well they're not Region 8/X, but nothing new CBHS will continue to dominate. All-American Boy looked bored with his competion, which reflects CBHS's view of their local opponents.

Ridgeway vs. CBHS.  Two front runners meet early in the season, which will determine the best in West TN.

825444529[/snapback]

Funny commentary. B)

Coach Bray,

Thanks for getting those results out there. It looks like your boys had a pretty good showing at home. Interesting to see how some things changed around this weekend as opposed to last. There did seem to be a couple of noticably missing names from the G'town preseason in Ring and Hunt. Does anybody know what the story on Speroff is, is he MIA from just the tournaments or is the dragon lair missing a key component right now too. It was good to see Stewart back at heavy. Brandon Wright looks like he is gonna have a great year at 140, if that is where he stays, with a win over Josh Riddle. I am sure anyone in the 171 weight class is looking for some relief when Marable drops down to 160 but I hope they aren't forgetting that Lucas will be joining them shortly. The Wolfpack looked a lot stronger than I had expected this year, judging by this tourney (I will have to ask my spy to keep a closer watch on them :lol: ). I am also glad to see Daniel Longo back at it again, I just like the way that kid wrestles. Brett Rogers is back and looks to be in command of 215 in Region 8 this year (by the way, I saw ihs younger brother throw in a nice banana splits on somebody at the MS throwdown at MUS, I am sure we can attribute that move to coach Jake Graham and maybe big brother himself.) Anyway, nice job Coach Bray, it looks to have been a good tournament and well run to boot ( I know you guys finished up way ahead of us at MUS) thumb .

Edited by WrestleSBA

Houston always one to contend with seems to have dried up.  Their stars seemed sluggish and no kill power.  Could be the hasbeen coach can't get anything out of his team even though he has surrounded himself with quailty help.

825444529[/snapback]

RegionX,

You can go ahead and talk about my wrestling ability all you would like, but I would like to ask as kindly as possible that you not speak that way of my coach... I'm not going to start an arguement, but crude comments about men who work their hardest everyday are unacceptable to me. I think every coach in this region deserves our respect. And if you think differently i could care less. Just my opinion..