Smyrna defeats Shelbyville

fishfan

Smyrna Bulldogs handed Shelbyville a loss but, it was closer than it should have been.

The Bulldogs shot about 2 - 18 from the 3 pt line which allowed Shelbyville to hang around.

Shelbyville actually tied it up late in the 4th quarter but Smyrna pulled away by 7 in the end.

While Smyrna has the talent. They will have to step it up if they expect to compete with district foes Mt Juliet and Wilson Cent.

Insell and staff will have the Eagles playing better at the end of the year but, they do not look good at this point of the season.

I thought I'd seen it all in my lifetime when the Red Sox won the World series. However, Smyrna girls beating the giant Shelbyville Eaglettes is another example of why sports are so great and how things change.

As good as Shelbyville has been in the past...Smyrna has been that bad. Some seasons winning 2 games.

Will this game be a stepping stone for the previously outclassed Smyrna team?

Only time will tell.

Edited by fishfan

Smyrna Bulldogs handed Shelbyville a loss but, it was closer than it should have been.

The Bulldogs shot about 2 - 18 from the 3 pt line which allowed Shelbyville to hang around.

Shelbyville actually tied it up late in the 4th quarter but Smyrna pulled away by 7 in the end.

While Smyrna has the talent. They will have to step it up if they expect to compete with district foes Mt Juliet and Wilson Cent.

Insell and staff will have the Eagles playing better at the end of the year but, they do not look good at this point of the season.

I thought I'd seen it all in my lifetime when the Red Sox won the World series. However, Smyrna girls beating the giant Shelbyville Eaglettes is another example of why sports are so great and how things change.

As good as Shelbyville has been in the past...Smyrna has been that bad. Some seasons winning 2 games.

Will this game be a stepping stone for the previously outclassed Smyrna team?

Only time will tell.

825447725[/snapback]

I wish that the Bulldogs would have been hitting this game b/c then Shelbyville girls could have gotten it handin to them. Yeah Smyrna hasn't been that greaat in the past but this year and last they are pretty stacked. They all got girls that can shoot and they work extremly hard. I hope they do good this year. It would be nice for a different team make it somewhere instead of the usual Lady Golden Eagles. Good Luck Smyrna!! :blink:

*** Smyrna's record is 3-0. They beat Riverdale in a Hall of Fame game and also beat Shelbyville in opener and then beat Page on the road. Maybe they will come up 5-0 next week when they play Antioch (home) and Lincoln County (away)

Edited by JRP3287