Anne Marie Lanning... need I say more?

movers

Let's get this out of the way right now. I am not kin to Ann Marie or any other kid on the Riverdale team. But I have coached against her in AAU ever since she was 9 years old. She is a PLAYER and has always been.

Blast her sister if you want to but she is right. Ann Marie is fun to watch and worth the price of admission.

If you get a chance do yourself a favor and go watch her play.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get this out of the way right now.  I am not kin to Ann Marie or any other kid on the Riverdale team.  But I have coached against her in AAU ever since she was 9 years old.  She is a PLAYER and has always been.

Blast her sister if you want to but she is right.  Ann Marie is fun to watch and worth the price of admission.

If you get a chance do yourself a favor and go watch her play.

825459992[/snapback]

To you tidehasturned and Lynchmob... i thank yall a whole bunch for your support...like you both said you have seen Ree play and you know that i am not being bias when it comes to this topic... she is one heck of a player! thanks again!

But if you put a good defensive player on her she can be stopped. I've seen it. She is a great player and works hard but she can also be stopped....

I strongly disagree. I have watched Anne Marie more times than i can count the last 4 years and i have NEVER once seen her stopped by a single defensive player. She is double and triple teamed night in and night out, and she still puts up atleast 20. And she is the point guard, and the other night she had so many assists becuase Gallatin was keying on her and they left Alex Bivins wide open and she put up 23 because Ree's unselfish play and Ree still managed 15 points. She is awesome, she is the real deal, she is worth admission. She plays like a boy. Anne Marie might be up for Mrs Basketball as early as next year.

I have said so much about Ree over the years, that I can't add anything except "Why do we have to wait until next year for the Mrs. BBall award" ???

REE REE

H eart

A ttitude

S oul

I ntelligence

T eam

A gressive

L eaps (she got the hops)

L oves the game

kw

I have said so much about Ree over the years, that I can't add anything except "Why do we have to wait until next year for the Mrs. BBall award" ???

REE REE

H eart

A ttitude

S oul

I ntelligence

T eam

A gressive

L eaps  (she got the hops)

L oves the game

kw

825464076[/snapback]

That was an awesome "quote" and it sums Ree up in just a few short sentences! Maybe not this year, but def the next...!

Wow, I don't know if any of you have ever seen Anne Marie play, but you should definately jump on the chance if it were to ever come around. She is unbelievable and just a sophomore. She started her freshman year and not only did she start but she was the high scorer, as a post. Before she got into high school she had always played as a point or guard, but once she got to Riverdale, coach moved her to post... talk about adapting to change. Now, coach moved her back to point guard and she is dominating and leading her team once again. I began this thread so that you would take the chance to watch her when you can. She is sooo much fun to watch and leaves people in awe after seeing her play. Please see her play at least once this year and enjoy it because there are very few players like her in this area or even this state!    thumb

825448684[/snapback]

she does have a very nice all aroud game

Guest The_Siegel_Senior

Ree is good but i dont know if she can carry a team on her back...which is the ultimate challenge for any player...to make the people around her better...and make the team better...sure she can drop 20 night in and night out but if they dont win...does it really matter? Sure she might get a nice scholarship somewhere but being a part of a team that might not get past districts...is that the ultimate goal for her? Im just asking a simple question, not trying to make anyone mad...all in all though she is an incredible player...her sis wasnt half bad in the Buchanan days either.... :D