HHS5552

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TransitionThrees,

Whining? What Alcoa whining about?

Spoiled? How is Alcoa spoiled?

Dirty program? Tell us how they are dirty?

and keep the list going ....We all would like to know....

Maryville is a classy program.....but no more class than Alcoa..

If you want to talk about NO class lets talk about Heritage coach not tell Alcoa coachs HE drooped them.....WB droping Alcoa also.....Would love for Maryville to drop Heritage and WB....YOu dont here Alcoa coach Brown complaing about having to play Cait(Heritage girls basketball)....Dont know the last time Alcoa beat Heritage in girls Basketball...Maybe he should drop them....

So...is it cold under that rock where you live?

How is Alcoa whiny? Are you kidding? Just type the word "Alcoa" into a forum search and you'll see more whining than you've ever seen in your entire life...regarding Maryville week, scheduling, classification size, private schools; it's amazing. I actually think the Heritage coach was probably doing a pretty helpful thing by not calling Alcoa and telling them about the scheduling. He was probably going to wait until Alcoa's season was over, so as to not make a bland attempt at distracting them during their run in the playoffs.

How is Alcoa spoiled? Alcoa, right now, is like the big kid on the elementary school playground trying to push the other kids around. And their reply when someone wants to try something different? "They're scared". Real classy. Just wait until 2006. Can you say "target"?

And regarding girls basketball, the Heritage coaches didn't complain when Alcoa's girls were loaded in the early '80s...so what's your point?

And if you don't know why Alcoa is currently running a dirty program...I probably shouldn't tell you. From some of the things I've read on here (and even in the newspaper), it certainly seems there's just cause for some type of investagation from the T$$AA.

TransitionThrees

whining

I wouldnt call it whining when Alcoa want to play all of the schools in the

county...If they was gonna whine i belive it would be to get Maryville off thier schedule..Most Alcoa fans know that Alcoa can only beat Maryville every once in a while...But Alcoa dosent drop Maryville to replace them with a win...

Spoiled

Dont see your point.....as far as Target Alcoa has always had a target on them in all sports...same as Maryville....everone wants to beat them...

basketball

didnt say Heritage coachs was complaining in the 80s...Point is that maybe coach Brown should drop Heritage because their probly not gonna beat them for at least two more years...(Cait class of 06)

Dirty program

Let US all know how they are dirty....So if i get on here and tell you how good my Son is in baseball its TRUE because you read it on CoachT...Lets US all know about the TSSAA & what the evidence to investigate....If you Know... If you know of any violations heres who you need to contact www.tssaa.org

Also would like to know what School you support or grad. from if you dont mind...

Alcoa class of 81 myself....

Edited by TNT

I do not want to butt into you alls converation but to elaborate on TNT's comment on Heritage beating Alcoa in girls basketball every year... It is a little different when you have 30 games on a schedule as oppose to 10. I would not care to play Farragut in baseball because I know that I would have 39 or so other games to make up the difference. However, when you have 10 games to make a season, and you are already playing a region schedule that they (Heritage) are, it is tough. Plus, being a coach I know that it is nice sometimes to not be on the edge of your seat, having sleepless nights or whatever else because of a game. Every once in a while it is nice to be able to sit back with confidence and look forward to a game. Grant it, Maryville Football, Farragut Baseball, Heritage/Seymour/Sevierville Girls Basketball can play that type of schedule and get better. Heritage keeps playing that kind of schedule and has not had much improvement. They need to try something different. As I have said before, you have to win games in order to get talent on the field, but you need to play the best competition. This is one of those which comes first, the chicken or the egg questions.

Also, why are the Alcoa fans worried about losing Heritage when they keep saying that Heritage should play the best. Shouldn't Alcoa being looking for a better team, whether 5A or 1A? Just wondered what the Alcoa fans thought about that. It sounds like a double standard. You want Heritage to play the best competition, but inturn, you want them to play you all. Shouldn't you all be looking to play A-E or Fulton or somebody of that calibur???? This is a serious question. I am on the outside of the Blount County Series. I have never been a part of it. I am enjoying this post though. I like hearing other peolpes opinions without it going to personal attacks or things of that nature. I would like to hear thoughts about this.

Edited by bigcat33

I do not want to butt into you alls converation but to elaborate on TNT's comment on Heritage beating Alcoa in girls basketball every year... It is a little different when you have 30 games on a schedule as oppose to 10. I would not care to play Farragut in baseball because I know that I would have 39 or so other games to make up the difference. However, when you have 10 games to make a season, and you are already playing a region schedule that they (Heritage) are, it is tough. Plus, being a coach I know that it is nice sometimes to not be on the edge of your seat, having sleepless nights or whatever else because of a game. Every once in a while it is nice to be able to sit back with confidence and look forward to a game.  Grant it, Maryville Football,  Farragut Baseball, Heritage/Seymour/Sevierville Girls Basketball can play that type of schedule and get better. Heritage keeps playing that kind of schedule and has not had much improvement. They need to try something different. As I have said before, you have to win games in order to get talent on the field, but you need to play the best competition. This is one of those which comes first, the chicken or the egg questions.

Also, why are the Alcoa fans worried about losing Heritage when they keep saying that Heritage should play the best. Shouldn't Alcoa being looking for a better team, whether 5A or 1A? Just wondered what the Alcoa fans thought about that. It sounds like a double standard. You want Heritage to play the best competition, but inturn, you want them to play you all. Shouldn't you all be looking to play A-E or Fulton or somebody of that calibur???? This is a serious question. I am on the outside of the Blount County Series. I have never been a part of it. I am enjoying this post though. I like hearing other peolpes opinions without it going to personal attacks or things of that nature. I would like to hear thoughts about this.

825453623[/snapback]

I'm from Kingsport, but live in Blount County now. I still follow the Indians.

I'd also like to hear any replies to what BigCat33 said. It seems to me that Alcoa is searching for things to whine about. Heritage was going to tell them eventually, I mean goodness...it's inevitable. The 2004 season isn't even over yet! You Alcoa people have no idea how bad you make yourselves look, year in and year out.

Wait a Minute! I am not saying that anyone is whining. I do appreciate the support for Transition Threes, but I am neutral in this discussion. I do have my opinion, but everyone does. I am trying to look at both sides and challenge each one. Again, thanks for the support, but I am not saying anything about whining. I just like a good discussion that doesn't get into all the trash talking.

Shouldn't you all be looking to play A-E or Fulton or somebody of that calibur????

I have not seen it officially but I understand Alcoa has added Fulton to the schedule for 2005-2006. There was some discussion about trying to schedule A-E as well. Alcoa is still looking for two games to fill up the schedule but having trouble because most teams that are willing to play Alcoa already have their schedules set. Honestly, I have not heard much discussion about next years schedule in the last couple of days. As someone pointed out, the 2004 season isn't over yet.

Transistion Threes - Sorry you have such a negative opinion of Alcoa. I don't know what we did to you but I'm sure it wasn't intentional.

Enough on this topic for me. Time to move on.

haha, this is funny. Heritage is scared of Alcoa, they just hate being beat by a 2A school. I think instead of dropping Alcoa off, they just need to drop everyone and just not play football...or maybe drop to 1A where they would still get killed.

As for WB, they are a good football team, they just have had a down year unlike Heritage where they hardly ever have a good team, not saying they never have, but HARDLY EVER! But do not understand why the county schools are scared of the small city school Alcoa. lol! :lol:

Good Luck to Maryville when you all play them next year, add 60 points on to your 60 points for Alcoa. thumb ;)