White County

bubbles

Man you stole my idea! They played in old 7-AAA in football for years,still do in other sports. Have all these rivalries. They could compete for the #4 playoff spot in Region 3-5A next year(maybe). Their rivalry game against Cookeville would get super intense like before cause it would mean something,plus they'll be guaranteed games against Crossville and Warren County which are also old rivals.I don't see why they would have to force anyone out of 3-5A just add Sparta. The Sparta administration/coaches screwed up if they did not push for this.

They will find out quickly that they won't like being in that Chattanooga region;not because the teams are so good but the travel is murder,their teams won't travel as well,and you're just playing teams you don't know anything about and don't associate with.Sparta is associated Nashville and middle Tennessee teams not Chattanooga and southeast TN teams. Just ask Cookeville about this. :)

825453269[/snapback]

First off White County is 4A not 5A so they couldn't be in 3-5A.

Have you looked at a map its a straight shot from Sparta to the Chattanooga area down Hwy 111.

Using a map cd I have on my computer the longest trip that White County would have to go would be to Cleveland when they play Cleveland or Walker Valley and both are under 2 1/2 hours. All the other games against Chattanooga area teams is around and hour and a half drive not bad.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you looked at a map its a straight shot from Sparta to the Chattanooga area down Hwy 111. 

Using a map cd I have on my computer the longest trip that White County would have to go would be to Cleveland when they play Cleveland or Walker Valley and both are under 2 1/2 hours.  All the other games against Chattanooga area teams is around and hour and a half drive not bad.

825454329[/snapback]

Wrong, they could be in 5A. A school can moved up a classification, but not down.

Using a map cd I have on my computer the longest trip that White County would have to go would be to Cleveland when they play Cleveland or Walker Valley and both are under 2 1/2 hours.  All the other games against Chattanooga area teams is around and hour and a half drive not bad.

825454329[/snapback]

I know they're 4A if you read my earlier post I'm talking about "playing up".

I realize it's a straight shot,I'm in Cookeville and have made the drive many times.It's still a LONG drive to Chatt. Longer than to Nashville. I did not take into account the Lawrence Co.,Hickman Co. games etc... Ya'll are right that makes a difference. About the coach,I didn't realize where he was from. He'll be familiar but no body else will. I guess you can learn. I'm speaking from an ex-Cookeville player's standpoint. When they put Cookeville in that Chatt. region in the early/mid 90's it just never was the same as playing towards Nashville,for a lot of different reasons. I just think they should have at least tried playing up to 3-5A cause I think they could be ALMOST as competitive for a playoff spot in that region as the one they are going to. :D

If they were in Region 3, they would be able to beat Coffee Co and Warren Co. Lincoln Co, Cookeville and Franklin Co will hold the top 3 spots. Therefore, it would leave White Co and Cumberland Co battling for the 4th spot. A playoff spot would be a possibility. I also wish Tullahoma would move up.

Edited by wingman10

[/i]

Well Cumberland Co is bulding a 2nd high school right now. There saying both school's will probally be 4A schools. I say thats why Sparta is staying in 4A

825456447[/snapback]

Sorry CCHS but if Cumberland builds a new school they'd better change the parameters for the classifications or you better get several hundred more students in the county. If not BOTH schools will be 3-A. This is going by your current student body population divided by 2. That's unless YOU wanted to play up to 4-A! I hate to be negative but I can't see two high schools in Cumberland being successful in 4-A and it'd be difficult in 3-A in the beginning.

Edited by THE SQUAD

If they were in Region 3, they would be able to beat Coffee Co and Warren Co. Lincoln Co, Cookeville and Franklin Co will hold the top 3 spots. Therefore, it would leave White Co and Cumberland Co battling for the 4th spot. A playoff spot would be a possibility. I also wish Tullahoma would move up.

825456322[/snapback]

Wingman,I remember a time when they(Tullahoma) could definitely do that and be one of the better 5-A teams in the state on a consistent basis,but could they do that now? I just noticed their record. Is this just a down year? Haven't kept up with them in a while,could you give me some insight on Tullahoma? :)

Edited by THE SQUAD

Wingman,I remember a time when they(Tullahoma) could definitely do that and be one of the better 5-A teams in the state on a consistent basis,but could they do that now? I just noticed their record. Is this just a down year? Haven't kept up with them in a while,could you give me some insight on Tullahoma? :D

825457148[/snapback]

Binns could give you better insight. I have no insight, just observations. Tullahoma has had some injuries and some players deciding to focus on other sports besides football. They will have some good players coming back, but not many. What Tullahoma seems to be lacking is speed. I have seen their schedule and they could win 6 games. Tullahoma does have a very good coach and he will do everything he can to have a winner again. I would like to see the old conference, where you had Tullahoma, Columbia, Shelbyville, Franklin Co., Lawrence Co., Lincoln Co., Coffee Co. I may be missing someone, but that was a good conference.