District 9-AAA

JRP3287

District 9-AAA has some good teams stepping up this year. Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central, and Smyrna should all be good. For Mt. Juliet- Clark, Hudson/ Wilson Central-Gassie / Smyrna- Peck, Oliver. Beech and Hendersonville are always strong and come ready to play. I hope to see some of these teams make it somewhere this year. Who do you think will win it all and what are the top players in this district?

Mt. Juliet is loaded and will dominate throughout state this season I would expect, unless Clark's leg gives out again.

I think Wilson Central is deeper this year than they were last year. I also think, however, that the late loss of Lindsay Antoine from the team really hurts their status as a competitor to Mt. Juliet, so unless someone who has virtually never played before can step it up in that position, I think that is going to hurt. Sophomore post players Williams and Jenkins, however, are tough underneath, and having Gassie at guard is going to lead to them being single teamed all the time.

Mt. Juliet should be in a class by itself this year, led by Alysha Clark. Wilson Central will be close behind if Gassie can keep commanding the floor. Everyone else will be trying to keep pace with these two.

I like Smyrna's fast-paced game, but they will have to stay under control and limit turnovers to put games away.

Although I would generally agree with you that Beech will be in the mix, I think this year will take one of Dennis Walker's finest coaching jobs. A sleeper team could be Hendersonville. New coach looks like he wants to run and gun, and Kally Holtfreeter can light it up.

OLIVER? Are you crazy? I have seen the girl play and she is not a good player to say the least. She does not play defense and she takes about 40-50 shots a game that's why she scores a lot but her shooting percentage is very low. I don't think she will even be able to ever play bball for a college. She is selfish and not very coachable. She did not like her old coach so her daddy went after her job to the principal and he won. If willey does not do as Oliver says he will be the next casualty of Smyrna like Donaldson.

Now you want to talk about players...Peck, Boyd, Pollack, little Pollack. they are studs, not oliver, oliver almost lost the game against a young shelbyville team, I wish she was not taken out it would have been easier for SC to beat them but it is ok, we will see how it goes in the return of Smyrna in Shelbyville later this season.

825452301[/snapback]

I agree with you. She can be very out of control and jack up stupid shots. I was there watching the game and I thought that she almost shot them out of the game. If she would have kept shooting stupid shots then Shelbyville probably would have came back and won. She's gotta stay in control and realize when to shoot 3s and when not to. Her shot selection is horrible. I also agree w/ that Donaldson thing that happened 2 years ago. Donaldson didn't let her run wild and get away w/ stupid stuff so her dad went to the principal about it. I also heard that a lot of that stuff had to do with Kelci Peck too. I don't know exactly but I heard that Donaldson treated her bad or something like that. I think that if they control Oliver throughout the season w/ her shooting then they should be okay. I saw her get yelled at by some teammates at the game against Shelbyville for shooting stupid shots. If she's smart and shoots when she's on fire then and plays DEFENSE and boxes out then she could be a better player. She needs to work on her fundamental part of the game!!!

Edited by JRP3287

Guest region4fan
You are talking about the cam but again it did not have a tape in it. Don't be so harsh on her region she is actually a good coach.

825456535[/snapback]

Good coaches don't neglect their team for OTHER pursuits w/i the building or should I say FEILDHOUSE. If she were so great, Manchester would have forgiven her and welcomed her back with open arms. She has applied at Blackman and lavergne....no job??!! So how good is that? You need a wonderful coach like Jennifer Grandstaff.

Well I am not going to defend her but I will tell you this much, if the principal was keeping an eye on her a little closer everything would have been a little better. The chair was not thrown it was more like slapped and tummbled towards Peck not Oliver but Oliver's Dad was the person that cost Donaldson's job. The "peepholes" are just rumors that you nor anyone else knows for sure. That could not have happened or she would have gotten fired from her teaching job and she did not. She was a non sense coach that worked hard for her girls, I really think that the reason they are so good now is because of her hard work not only because of Willey. Don't get me wrong he is pretty good but those are the fruits of her work and AV and CM. Sorry to burst your bubble region4fan.

825456320[/snapback]

I just want to clear this up w/ the both of you. She never through a chair at Peck nor Oliver. The chair was just thrown across the locker room away from all the players. And another thing is that there was no peephole. I swear... people are so stupid. There was an air conditioner up in the corner of her office which was also connected to the locker room. The insolation around it came undone. Besides even if it didn't then there was a HUGE cabinet right below it so there was no way that she could look through it. It is amazing how rumors get spread. The thing with Peck and Donaldson was that she kicked her out of weightlifting and the locker room and then didn't start her for the rest of the season for no reason. No one knew why but everyone was surprised that Peck didn't quit b/c what she put her through. I heard that she made Peck run for like 5 practices straight. Donaldson is a great coach but she is just very intense. It's just whether or not you can handle her or not and obviously Oliver couldn't.

Edited by JRP3287

OLIVER? Are you crazy? I have seen the girl play and she is not a good player to say the least. She does not play defense and she takes about 40-50 shots a game that's why she scores a lot but her shooting percentage is very low. I don't think she will even be able to ever play bball for a college. She is selfish and not very coachable. She did not like her old coach so her daddy went after her job to the principal and he won. If willey does not do as Oliver says he will be the next casualty of Smyrna like Donaldson.

Now you want to talk about players...Peck, Boyd, Pollack, little Pollack. they are studs, not oliver, oliver almost lost the game against a young shelbyville team, I wish she was not taken out it would have been easier for SC to beat them but it is ok, we will see how it goes in the return of Smyrna in Shelbyville later this season.

825452301[/snapback]

I think that Wilson Central proved to everyone that they are just as successful without Antone as they were with her by winning the Bradley Tournament over the weekend beating a very tough Harpeth Hall team 50-46 in the Championship Game. It will hurt them somewhat depth wise but different people are stepping up and are becoming new leaders it seems. Who wants someone on any team in any sport when they are focused on me, myself, and I and not for the team.