Rebel Nation

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since we are on the topic of offense, let me tell you what i heard about the Melrose offense. LUCK. Their linemen just wait for someone to come and block then they turn to the side and push them. I would agree if you said their RB gets his yards by himself. And when they pass, get this, they take a 3 step drop and bomb it and pray that therir man comes down with it. Now this is what ive heard. How true this is I dont know.

Well since we are on the topic of offense, let me tell you what i heard about the Melrose offense.  LUCK.  Their linemen just wait for someone to come and block then they turn to the side and push them.  I would agree if you said their RB gets his yards by himself.  And when they pass,  get this,  they take a 3 step drop and bomb it and pray that therir man comes down with it.  Now this is what ive heard.  How true this is I dont know.

825460976[/snapback]

I don't believe any of that garbage! They didn't get this far on luck and a Hail Mary hope someone catches it!

By the sound of things this is gonna be a fun match up. Melrose's spread offense could present Maryville with a problem. In the end I don't see this as a hurdle Maryville can't jump. Both teams have great defense and I don't think either team will score over 28. In the end though Maryville is just to physical for Melrose. 28-14 Maryville.

No doubt Maryville wins the State title.  I believe (and hopefully) Melrose will give us a better game than we saw tonight vs. THS.  I dont know much about Melrose, other than the fact at how many D1 players they had last year, but after seeing the game tonight and talking with the guys it is obvious Maryville just wants it more.  Maryville will be on top, but it will be a close game.

825454351[/snapback]

You are absolutely right. That is exactly why Melrose will loose the championship game. They have all kinds of talent year in and year out, but unlike Maryville they can't line up a team that plays together.

You are absolutely right.  That is exactly why Melrose will loose the championship game.  They have all kinds of talent year in and year out, but unlike Maryville they can't line up a team that plays together.

825462045[/snapback]

So ... are you guys saying that Melrose doesn't play together? If you are saying this ... how do you know this? Have you seen them play?

Or

Are you saying that the teams that Melrose has beat to get here ... none of them play as a team either? You mean ... Dyersburg, Jackson Central Merry, Ridgeway, nor White House played as a team? None of them?

My goodness ... Melrose ... because they have talent only (that's how you implied it) ... they don't have a clue as to what a team concept is about ... nor have any of the opponents they have played had a grasp of the team concept.

Hmmmmm .... this team concept thing that all the Maryville fans keep touting as to the secrent ingredient that Melrose doesn't seem to quite grasp ... can you get that at the local grocery store?

Or

Is it something you can only get when you play ball in east TN? It must be a east TN thing ... all of the other teams in the west ... well ... we just don't understand what it means to play on and for a TEAM!

Sheesh! ... give me a break ... better yet ... continue to think that way ... please!

Edited by kwc

I guess your talkin to the 2 other guys kdub...all I have said is what Melrose fans have told me. I'm merely going on what you all say about your own team.

Team cohesion isn't a Eastern only concept. We practice it and perfect it in Maryville though. You'll see that Saturday and win or lose, you'll say I was right Sunday.

It can make a huge difference. Team talent can too...that's what makes it such an interesting game to me.

Edited by dmoyers1

I guess your talkin to the 2 other guys kdub...all I have said is what Melrose fans have told me.  I'm merely going on what you all say about your own team.

Team cohesion isn't a Eastern only concept.  We practice it and perfect it in Maryville though.  You'll see that Saturday and win or lose, you'll say I was right Sunday.

It can make a huge difference.  Team talent can too...that's what makes it such an interesting game to me.

825462097[/snapback]

That bit of sarcasm wasn't directed towards you or any other rational, sentient Maryville poster. Just to those individuals who made those comments so flippantly. I know where you stand.

They neeeed to take you all seriously...we do. The Rebels love a challenge and it isn't often we get to play another spread, multiple offense. People are usually cowering behind the ONE thing they do well, instead of growing a set and trying to open their offense up against us. I swear, there were 3 teasm that really had a chance of beating us this year, if they'd open their O up.