Clay County beats Unaka

Celinadawg18

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unaka's coach blew any chance they had at winning this game. After Watson got fouled he got a T and that sealed the game. Great win for the Lady Dawgs as they get their 2nd win in a row.

825455430[/snapback]

No Dawg Unaka's coach didn't blow any chance of winning the game. Clay Co. won in overtime because of the home cooking from the Refs clay co. scored 12 points in overtime from the foul line. After 3 of Unaka starters were fouled out. We pretty much knew what to expect but we went down there anyway. Was a good experience for the girls. Clay Co. has a good team but Unaka could of and should of won. Like I said a good experience for the girls now they can get ready for the regular season to begin.

Look, ill be the first to admit that refs in our area play favorites against visiting teams from other parts of the state, but the fact of the matter is that it would of been the same if it would have been one of our teams playing and dealing with other officials, everyone will have there share of ''home cookin'' this year but your teams have to deal with it, obviously unaka wasnt good enough to overcome this and lost to the lady bulldogs. im from pickett co. and huge bobcats fan, and it was good to see clay co. represent district 7a well in our thanksgiving classic, good job lady bulldogs.

Look, ill be the first to admit that refs in our area play favorites against visiting teams from other parts of the state, but the fact of the matter is that it would of been the same if it would have been one of our teams playing and dealing with other officials, everyone will have there share of ''home cookin'' this year but your teams have to deal with it, obviously unaka wasnt good enough to overcome this and lost to the lady bulldogs. im from pickett co. and huge bobcats fan, and it was good to see clay co. represent district 7a well in our thanksgiving classic, good job lady bulldogs.

825455825[/snapback]

Congrats to Clay Co. on the win you girls played hard and deserved it. As for Unaka they need to learn how to play when the officials call things differently than they may be a custom to. I’ll let the “catS and Dawg” workout the problems in the kitchen.

Edited by ball411

Come on home, Lady Rangers; sounds like our Ladies played admirably. If I understand what I've read so far, we lost three starters, took the game into overtime, after the six hour drive and a game yesterday, then the overtime game tonight. Looks like a great deal of hard work; and it appears you Ladies have proven your Grit. I think it shows a lot of character; what you endured. One of the posters stated that well, it's alright, because everyone gets bad calls. He or she is probably right (though I don't think I'd post it here) :lol:

Congratulations, and we'll be looking forward to playing a vastly improving Lady Warriors squad Tuesday night.

No Dawg Unaka's coach didn't blow any chance of winning the game. Clay Co. won in overtime because of the home cooking from the Refs clay co. scored 12 points in overtime from the foul line. After 3 of Unaka starters were fouled out. We pretty much knew what to expect but we went down there anyway. Was a good experience for the girls. Clay Co. has a good team but Unaka could of and should of won. Like I said a good experience for the girls now they can get ready for the regular season to begin.

825455770[/snapback]

If I'm not mistake I thought the refs called it pretty evenly both ways. I believe there were like 56 fouls and Clay County had 26 so that leaves 30 fouls for Unaka. Four fouls isn't that big of a difference. The coach did hurt his time for getting the T with the clock winding down and Unaka only down by 4. That's only two possessions. Instead Clay County got two extra points putting them up by 6 and got the ball back. Don't tell me that it didn't severely slim down there chance of winning.

I don't know exactly how many fouls were called (I'll find out and post it later); and a T can often be harmful. However, I think I'd be a little perplexed by having FOUR STARTERS foul out; and two other players, one of them the other starter, with four fouls. Clay County had one player foul out. It just appears a little odd.

Sallee Taylor, a promising sophomore, had to play the point for nearly two full quarters.

It would appear that with 26, Clay County would've also lost more than one Player. I know that Unaka went ten-deep; Clay County must have a great bench as well.

DOGPOUND or Devilfan (If ya'll are still watching),

Please get back to us on what Clay County has. Are they as deep as this thread indicates? If so, look out come tournament time, especially during the three consecutive games in three nights in the Regionals.

Do you see them Challenging Clarkrange? And will you guys be playing Moore County this season?

Kim Richardson

they do play a lot from the bench mostly sophmores and a couple freshman.. at least 9 or 10 deep.....they will get better as the year goes by...clarkrange will be hard for anybody to handle very quick and good shooters... we shall see next tuesday!! you have a very good team that plays very hard. i enjoyed watching them and good luck this year!

they do play a lot from the bench mostly sophmores and a couple freshman.. at least 9 or 10 deep.....they will get better as the year goes by...clarkrange will be hard for anybody to handle very quick and good shooters... we shall see next tuesday!! you have a very good team that plays very hard. i enjoyed watching them and good luck this year!

825460182[/snapback]

Thanks, oneshot.