Arby's Classic

BristolBoy

Breaking news:Official Arby's website says Jackson North Side has withdrawn from Arby's Classic. I heard something about that but was'nt sure. Ill find out more tomorrow.Does anyone know more about this?

825473074[/snapback]

I have not heard that yet, but I would not be surprised. They are struggling right now. I watched them get beat by 10 against Haywood tonight, I think Richard Delk's ankle is still hurting him. He played, but didn't play like I've seen him play before.

Edited by Svebakken

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breaking news:Official Arby's website says Jackson North Side has withdrawn from Arby's Classic. I heard something about that but was'nt sure. Ill find out more tomorrow.Does anyone know more about this?

825473074[/snapback]

According to tricities.com they are verifying that Jackson North Side did indeed withdraw from the arbys. here is the link:

http://www.tricities.com/servlet/Satellite...ath=!sports

What's the Slam Dunk to the Beach tourny? What kind of teams are in it?

825474907[/snapback]

The Slam Dunk to the Beach Tournament is at least one of the top 5 high school christmas tournaments in the nation.It takes place in Delawere and always has really good teams even Lebron James's team one year.To my understanding several teams sceduled to play in that tournament are trying to get into the Arby's.

According to tricities.com they are verifying that Jackson North Side did indeed withdraw from the arbys.  here is the link:

http://www.tricities.com/servlet/Satellite...ath=!sports

825474382[/snapback]

Do these tournament officials not have teams sign a contract? Kinda ludicrous when one of your top rated teams pulls out and you are left with a big hole to fill on short notice.

I heard today that the team to replace Jackson Northside at the Arby's will be Thompson Georgia.Has a 6-7 guy whos goin to South Florida and 3 or 4 guys that are being recruited pretty good. They will play Tenn High on the 27th at 830. By the way about Jackson Northside bailing out on the Arby's they did sign a contract and are paying a pretty hefty sum.

East has several players goin strong and a true low post threat for the first time in a while.

825464920[/snapback]

I didnt see any post play when i saw them play they got out rebounded and out scored from down low and they had 9 or 10 shots blocked as well the just seem to me like they cant shoot the ball in the ocean if they were on the beach.

East shouldnt even be in this tourney b/c they are horrible and when i saw them play and i only saw one player on their team with any talent and that was a Sophomore point guard who the coach wont play and i have no clue why he wont play him he is the best shooter on the team and can handle the ball great and can make things happen on offense and defense. If u all wanna start winnin u need to start scorin more than 5 points in a half.

who will be playin in north sides place?lol,they could always invite happy valley,they arent in a christmas tourney

825474411[/snapback]

Nah!!

They are gonna invite a team that has some talent so they can see how they match up against a bigger and better team than they have seen so far.

I didnt see any post play when i saw them play they got out rebounded and out scored from down low and they had 9 or 10 shots blocked as well the just seem to me like they cant shoot the ball in the ocean if they were on the beach.

East shouldnt even be in this tourney b/c they are horrible and when i saw them play and i only saw one player on their team with any talent and that was a Sophomore point guard who the coach wont play and i have no clue why he wont play him he is the best shooter on the team and can handle the ball great and can make things happen on offense and defense. If u all wanna start winnin u need to start scorin more than 5 points in a half.

825485313[/snapback]

You're right. We do have to score more then 5 points a half. But I don't know the Soph. guard. The only one we have is Logan Bowers, which he could do a good job I believe. IF, and I repeat IF, we will start getting it to our posts the offense will open up. To me we are settling for to many jumpers and 3's. Although I am sitting in the stands, seems to me you would want to feed your post and open the other shots up instead of going ahead and settling for the "j" and 3, but well see. I think they'll get it together. Don't care what any one says, there's to much talent for this season to go to waste. And to many Seniors that have worked hard to let it also.