Huntingdon 03 vs Aloca 04

Titans02

Your exactly right, which is why you have Huntingdon's respect.

You ever stop to think that might be your problem, NOT taking Huntingdon a little  serious and having a little respect? REALITY CHECK TIME:(since Morris took over) Jeff Morris 6 wins against Huntingdon, 2 state championship appearances, 2 titles.....Mike Mansfield 6 wins against Milan including 2 semi final victories, 3 state title game appearances, 1 championship, 2 runners up. Alltime record Milan 40 wins Huntingdon 30 wins 1 tie. Thats not too bad when you compare one of the largest 2A schools in the state (616 enrollment)with an open enrollment (Milan) vs. one of the smallest (414 enrollment) and you can't go to school in Huntingdon unless you live in Huntingdon.

825472626[/snapback]

And I bet Huntingdon dresses more than Milan does year in, year out. You would be surprised at how many athletes at Milan that do not go out for football that would be great threats at the skill positions.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact is Huntingdon will have fewer athletes overall almost every year than Milan. What Huntingdon is doing better than milan right now is actually GETTING to the finals. They have a core of relatively young coaches that have made a huge impact on the way things have changed in Mustang country. All of the sudden its Huntingdon thats winning the tight games and getting all the breaks. These guys have instilled the idea Huntingdon has a tradition of winning football and its their birthright to play in and win big games. Its a great time to be a Mustang. thumb

I think the 2000 Alcoa team would beat HHS 03, but that's just a thought coming from a true Alcoa fan. That team was way too talented!! 7 all-state players, and the fastest players in the state! thumb

825468203[/snapback]

Having watched my purple and gold of union city lose to alcoa in a heartbreaker in 2000 and playing against the 2003 huntingdon team i would have to agree that the 2000 alcoa team was to fast and too talented for the '03 mustangs.

i was a senior for milan this last year & i know wether u take my word or not...milan has no players from way out comin...milan doesnt recruit players either...the only reason milan has some players from out of milan is that they come from medina which students there are given the choice of Gibson County or Milan & most athletes would choose Milan(makes sense doesnt it) & they come from West Carroll now if u were given the choice to play for milan or WC which would u pick(i think everyone knows that) & the players move inside the districts or they sit out a year like they do everywhere else...so thats the truth as God as my witness.

I think we'll all see changes in West Tennessee next year when a certain team starts having to play "By the Rules".  You all know what I'm talking about... :ph34r:  I'm not talking about the multiplier rule either!

825473147[/snapback]

your exactly right for example when yall have to play 7 or 8 games a year instead of 2 or 3...& know whats it like to earn a win every week & how to recuperate from a game u actually have to play to win in.

i was a senior for milan this last year & i know wether u take my word or not...milan has no players from way out comin...milan doesnt recruit players either...the only reason milan has some players from out of milan is that they come from medina which students there are given the choice of Gibson County or Milan & most athletes would choose Milan(makes sense doesnt it) & they come from West Carroll now if u were given the choice to play for milan or WC which would u pick(i think everyone knows that) & the players move inside the districts or they sit out a year like they do everywhere else...so thats the truth as God as my witness.

825473470[/snapback]

All I said was teams had to start playing by the rules and you implied that Milan didn't. And you're from Milan! Now that you bring that up let's discuss it. I live in Carroll County and I know for a fact that Milan had players that should have gone to West Carroll and Gibson County High. Kids don't have a choice where they go to school. From now on if you live in a certain school district then you have to attend there. This law has never been enforced before but a new federal ruling will see to it now. I follow Milan football closely and one parent said Milan would have lost 13-15 players off this years team. (I don't know that for a fact but that is what they told me). This parent lived in Carroll Countyand their kids attended Milan. It doesn't make any difference if they come from "way out" as you say. From now on they attend where they live. McKenzie kids can't attend Huntingdon and Bruceton kids can't attend Huntingdon either. Huntingdon kids can't attend West Carroll and play basketball for that matter. I know of another parent that attended the school board meeting that got everybody upset a couple of weeks ago and the superintendent filled everybody in on what was to happen next year. This couple plans to buy a house in Milan to let their daughter attend Milan schools AGAIN next year..( They live in Atwood almost within sight of West Carroll High School). She is in primary school and she doesn't play football. The more kids you have in school each day, the more money the school gets based on daily attendence. This is not my opinion but is fact! It will be interesting to see what shakes down.. :lol:

Edited by Blue Eyes

825473470[/snapback]

Name one player that had to sit out a year after they moved inside Milan school district. Better yet just give me his jersey #. You can be sure of yourself and be right and you can be sure of yourself and be wrong also.. We have the same witness by the way!

Name one player that had to sit out a year after they moved inside Milan school district.  Better yet just give me his jersey #.  You can be sure of yourself and be right and you can be sure of yourself and be wrong also..  We have the same witness by the way!

825474096[/snapback]

Whos the Witness?...or you can just give me his jersey #?... :)