Alcoa 2005 games.....

paintc

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw on rivals100 that Trigg Co., KY has the #1 OL in the nation this upcoming season.

825687535[/snapback]

I really don't know how... I've seen them play and they didn't look as good as most of the TN teams I saw. Corey Zirbel from Murray High (Michigan redshirt) tore them a new one in the game I saw. Who knows?

Guest google2757

no one has even talked about the mccallie game. alcoa will lose two games this year and that is to marryville and mccallie both i think will handle them pretty good. also most of the teams in division II AAA would beat alcoa besides father ryan

:blink:  :D  :D

825657354[/snapback]

I believe I need to inform some reader who Alcoa plays 1st game is Hopkinsville High School. The game is at Trigg County it is the 2nd game of the double hitter line up. Rebel mention that there was turmoil over the hiring of the tigers head coach. If there is some it's not there now. They had 74 kids out the last two weeks. Last week they played in a 7 on 7 passing tournment that was called border war. Six teams from Ky and 6 from Tenn. Hopkinsville won the event beating all six Tenn teams(cooksville & Portland) pretty easily. Hoptown has two QB's that could start for most teams in Tenn/KY. No problem at that position. Hoptown has some of the best athletes in the state of KY and has possible 3 D1 kids, one being Levar Weston who full squates 650LBS. Hoptown is noted for their speed and this should be one of their fast teams ever. They have two DL that run onder 4.7 forty, and all of their receivers around 4.6 range. Now for the reader who is from Murray KY don't compare that sorry team to Hoptwon, thats like comparing clarksville high to Riverdale. They were never ranked? Ihope the boys from Alcoa are over looking the tigers. ;)

Ihope the boys from Alcoa are over looking the tigers. :blink:

825688976[/snapback]

Alcoa never over looks an opponent. No matter if it is Maryville or Hopkinsville or someone not as talented like Harriman, they always play their hardest. Although some Alcoa fans come on here cocky and arrogant, the players come to each game focused and ready to play, no matter who the opponent is.

Lindsey from Alcoa is definitely not fast enough to play RB at a major program.  Linebacker is another story, he fits the mold perfectly.  This is exactly how Eric Westmoreland was recruited a few years back.

825652562[/snapback]

I dont think your giving duck enough credit for his speed. The top rated RB at the moment(LeSean McCoy runs a 4.4.The #2 RB(Chris Wells) runs a 4.5. The #3 RB(James Aldridge) runs a 4.45. Shall i go on or is that enough. If u dont beleive me heres the web site http://www.Unapproved Website/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1146&Year=2006

P.S.- Duck runs a 4.5

Alcoa never over looks an opponent.  No matter if it is Maryville or Hopkinsville or someone not as talented like Harriman, they always play their hardest.  Although some Alcoa fans come on here cocky and arrogant, the players come to each game focused and ready to play, no matter who the opponent is.

825689174[/snapback]

Agree I know Alcoa won't be overlooking anyone, Reid won't let them and with the senior leadership Alcoa should have it should not happen. I do think Hopkinsville High School will find out what brand of Football is played from this area, the championship brand! I do think Hopkinsville, a military oriented town, will make it a game but Alcoa should win it. Good luck to both teams.

Agree I know Alcoa won't be overlooking anyone, Reid won't let them and with the senior leadership Alcoa should have it should not happen.  I do think Hopkinsville High School will find out what brand of Football is played from this area, the championship brand!  I do think Hopkinsville, a military oriented town, will make it a game but Alcoa should win it.  Good luck to both teams.

825689975[/snapback]

Hopkinsville will give Alcoa all they want. It should be an interesting matchup.

Alcoa never over looks an opponent.  No matter if it is Maryville or Hopkinsville or someone not as talented like Harriman, they always play their hardest.  Although some Alcoa fans come on here cocky and arrogant, the players come to each game focused and ready to play, no matter who the opponent is.

825689174[/snapback]

Except those two quarters the defense always takes off, right tom? See the championship game last year...

That said, I still agree with the base of your argument. Alcoa won't overlook Hoptown and they will be ready.

Here's the thing you need to know about alcoa Hoptown fans. Maryville is perrennially the best team Alcoa faces. When we win it's usually not close and when they win it usually is. Whatever the case may be, we're always workin down the the last seconds to keep Alcoa out of the game. ALWAYS....

We had the game sewn up last year and one of their kids returned a kick off or punt 80 or 90 yards for a TD. I was walkin out of the stdium to go get dinner when that happened. NEVER let your guard down against the Tornadoes. thumb

The bottom line is, Alcoa is taking a needed step in the right direction. By no fault of their own the majority of their schedule usually included cakewalk games. There is something to be said about scheduling an unnecessary out of state opponent just for the challenge of it. Same deal with scheduling McCallie...they didn't have to schedule them, but the program is on the "up and up" when you're scheduling hard games "just because you can." I think one way or another, Alcoa is moving forward rather than idling in their comfort zone of mediocrity.