Cosby @ Unaka

Shaniaguy24

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the things that will make this an intense game will be the crowd no doubt. I know Cosby will have a decent following. Is there buzz in Unaka about this game? I expect a fairly large turnout but jus wondering what Unaka fans thought. I know one thing, i hope there is less chaos in the scorers booth for this game as opposed to the last one. LOL i think only a few know that whole scenario, but that is another topic and this is a new season.

we got screwed at stoney creek the officals were terrible but O well  lets see the damage the rangers get when they come to Cosby

825474391[/snapback]

You mean you worked feverishly all night and this morning, too, trying to figure out how to register for an e-mail account and then for coachT, picking out a username and all that hassle so that you could come on here with your very first post and type that? I am so sorry.

we got screwed at stoney creek the officals were terrible but O well  lets see the damage the rangers get when they come to Cosby

825474391[/snapback]

Some of the calls against the Eagles were questionable, such as the hand check for Manning's fifth foul, but the Rangers didnt get calls their way either.

The only thing Cosby can chalk up the game to is 12 second half points, against a better than advertised Unaka team. Their defense was outstanding, and they trapped Cosby to death, especially after the intermission.

Snavely is a difficult place to play, and Cosby could potentially win the return trip, but I'll tell you what, you just have to be a believer in Donald Ensor. He doesnt always have the top talent, or the best athletes, but he's doing the job at Unaka.

Can't say the officials were one-sided, but can say they were just bad. What it seemed to me(just an opinion) the refs didn't call much inside on Cosby the first quarter, so they spent most the second quarter giving Unaka "make-up" calls. Then in the second half, it just got out of hand. Say, for instance, that key play in the third, I didn't think #24 charged, but know matter what side you were on, you have to admit that spicking the ball and getting the technacal was just dumb.

On another note, how much has #11 grown. He must have been at least 2 inches taller and gained 25 pounds. What's your secret??? thumb

Edited by Rangerbook06

Can't say the officials were one-sided, but can say they were just bad. What it seemed to me(just an opinion) the refs didn't call much inside on Cosby the first quarter, so they spent most the second quarter giving Unaka "make-up" calls. Then in the second half, it just got out of hand. Say, for instance, that key play in the third, I didn't think #24 charged, but know matter what side you were on, you have to admit that spicking the ball and getting the technacal was just dumb.

On another note, how much has #11 grown. He must have been at least 2 inches taller and gained 25 pounds. What's your secret??? thumb

825475106[/snapback]

It appeared to me as if Manning (#24) actually traveled before the contact, and the charge was called. He only had one real good foul the whole night, the charge (#2) was questionable, #3 - the technical was not a smart thing, #4 was borderline, and the fifth handcheck foul was very ticky tack.

Of course, Cosby got away with a lot underneath as you mentioned.

So is the State of TSSAA officiating.... <_<