Hermitage Springs (Boys)

kaeXo

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for the hs boys i know i am a little bias as you can tell if you have read any of my other posts. they are a very talented team with a whole lot of youth between all five starters ( no seniors ) they have two players with a little experience and the rest have little to none. but as for talent they couldnt' be in a better situation, ethan birdwell a freshman is quick as lightning and if he can stay under control and play within himself can more than make up for his inexperience. timothy mclearan has the softest hands for a big (tall) guy that i have ever seen and a shot that seems to never miss, curtis hatcher brings a little brute force to the game and a scoreing potential but will mostly be used for pullin possibly double digit boards a game, william russel is a very multidemsional player that is unbeleiveably talented still lacking a little size and speed but he uses smart decisions and fast thinking to his advantage. and the last starter matthew smith is perhaps the most talented yet the least selfish and although sometimes that isnt' the best thing i'm sure that in the future when he gains some confidence he will be unstoppable either as a scorer or a passer when needed. off the bench come andrew lewis and jimmy cambell with lots of energy hustle and ball handling. they have depth talent and when the experience catches them they will be tough to handle.

I wish the boys down at HS the best. They had a solid coach last year in Micah Rochester, but he wasn't given certain concessions that he needed to build a solid program so he left. He done a great job with those guys and the coach now I'm sure is reaping the benefits of this. I have heard that the coach that you guys have got down there now does a pretty good job. But no matter what kind of coach that you all have and what kind of talent that you have, its going to be hard to compete in that district. Finally it appears that RBS talent pool that they've been swimming in for the past 5 years or so has dried up so that will be one more team that you can compete with after this year. But playing against Pickett who is perennially a top team in 1a every year along with Clay Co. who is always solid really hurts. Clarkrange always seems to have athletes which makes them dangerous. Hopefully HS bball can make some progress in the coming years but you all aren't in the easiest district to do so.

I wish the boys down at HS the best. They had a solid coach last year in Micah Rochester, but he wasn't given certain concessions that he needed to build a solid program so he left. He done a great job with those guys and the coach now I'm sure is reaping the benefits of this. I have heard that the coach that you guys have got down there now does a pretty good job. But no matter what kind of coach that you all have and what kind of talent that you have, its going to be hard to compete in that district. Finally it appears that RBS talent pool that they've been swimming in for the past 5 years or so has dried up so that will be one more team that you can compete with after this year. But playing against Pickett who is perennially a top team in 1a every year along with Clay Co. who is always solid really hurts. Clarkrange always seems to have athletes which makes them dangerous. Hopefully HS bball can make some progress in the coming years but you all aren't in the easiest district to do so.

825473722[/snapback]

This is the truth! After this year RBS will have a slight fall off with abunch of young guys coming up! PC will always be tough, Celina usually puts together a pretty good team and Clarkrange is always prone to upsets! I wish the best to HS!!!

This is the truth! After this year RBS will have a slight fall off with abunch of young guys coming up! PC will always be tough, Celina usually puts together a pretty good team and Clarkrange is always prone to upsets! I wish the best to HS!!!

825473742[/snapback]

The district is tough, and it is hard for HS Monterey Clarkrange and RBS on some years will not to be able to compete with Pickett and CLay but is sure is nice when these four schools can compete with Pickett and Clay, in small schools it is just hard to have the talent every year, a coach has to stay for a while and build the program from the ground up to have a chance to compete each year,

Coach Rochester did make dividends in turning HS around,

The district is tough, and it is hard for HS Monterey Clarkrange and RBS on some years will not to be able to compete with Pickett and CLay but is sure is nice when these four schools can compete with Pickett and Clay, in small schools it is just hard to have the talent every year, a coach has to stay for a while and build the program from the ground up to have a chance to compete each year,

Coach Rochester  did make dividends in turning HS around,

825474211[/snapback]

You never know who is going to have good years and who is going to have bad years with the exception of Pickett.... I remember Clay was a very average team 3 or 4 years back...