Dotson= Huge night

OT2

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A. So, what exaclty does a kid do to "prove" he can be successful in the SEC? Averaging what Dotson has, and getting a triple double are pretty lofty accomplishments. What do you want him to do above and beyond that to "prove" that he is capable of playing in the SEC. Nothing will prove it accept going out and doing it, and before that happens a coach has to "assume" if he can be successful. No coach ever has a player that "proves" in high school that they can play at D-1 level; I mean that is your argument right?

B. He is 6'8, can drain three pointers, handle the ball, and is a great passer. Not SEC caliber player? How many kids in the SEC are 6'8, can drain three pointes, handle the ball, and are great passers? Not too many...

A. So, what exaclty does a kid do to "prove" he can be successful in the SEC? Averaging what Dotson has, and getting a triple double are pretty lofty accomplishments. What do you want him to do above and beyond that to "prove" that he is capable of playing in the SEC. Nothing will prove it accept going out and doing it, and before that happens a coach has to "assume" if he can be successful. No coach ever has a player that "proves" in high school that they can play at D-1 level; I mean that is your argument right?

B. He is 6'8, can drain three pointers, handle the ball, and is a great passer. Not SEC caliber player? How many kids in the SEC are 6'8, can drain three pointes, handle the ball, and are great passers? Not too many...

825474609[/snapback]

amen!!! (aka great post!)

not hating, only responding to the way the post started out. There was a big discussion on if Dotson could play in the SEC at UT..So I think the post started off by " To all the nay sayers..." My point was I dont think a triple double on the high school level proves anything other than he is a GOOD HIGH SCHOOL player like I've previously posted. Obiviously regardless of what level you're on and post a triple double thats great.

825474242[/snapback]

Hey TnBball, you ain't nothin but a hater man! A triple double in high school is basically unheard of! He's just a "good high school player"?!! Seriously man, I don't know where or what kind of high school basketball you grew up watching, but triple doubles in high school are few and far between and I think that proves when someone is well above an average basketball player. You gotta give props when somebody does that!

Hey TnBball, you ain't nothin but a hater man!  A triple double in high school is basically unheard of!  He's just a "good high school player"?!!  Seriously man, I don't know where or what kind of high school basketball you grew up watching, but triple doubles in high school are few and far between and I think that proves when someone is well above an average basketball player.  You gotta give props when somebody does that!

825474689[/snapback]

ah, and how many times has someone stated that???

Yes a triple double is a great accomplishment and no not a whole lot of higschool players can say they did it during their highschool career but no it doesn't prove he is SEC materiel. I am a huge fan and supporter of Dotson so don't say that I am hating but you have to realize that nobody proves they are SEC materiel until they play at that level. You can always speculate wether a player is going to be a good player at the SEC level or the ACC or what ever conference you keep up with but don't argue over wether he is SEC materiel right now. Wait until he plays a couple years or even beter yet wait until he graduates so that you can look back at his entire career. Then if you want to argue about it do so. After saying that good game Dotson and good luck to you and Hickman County for the rest of the year.