Top Wrestler ever from your region

jamesbond

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is the best wrestler to ever come out of your region?

825474760[/snapback]

Region 2 has had some good ones over the last 5 yearswho have been State Champs.

Scott Dix, Farragut-140

Eric Farris, Farragut-135

Erric Watkins, Farragut-215 My top pick. He always looked so calm killing folks. That chop he had made you fill sory for the other kid.

Cody Humphres, Hall's -145

Karns two big boys. I will have to check names. The kid they had in 2002 was tuff.

Edited by rigger101

Region 1 has had some good ones over the last 5 yearswho have been State Champs.

Scott Dix, Farragut-140

Eric Farris, Farragut-135

Erric Watkins, Farragut-215  My top pick.  He always looked some calm killing folks. 

Cody Humphres, Hall's -145

Karns two big boys.  I will have to check names.  The kid they had in 2002 was tuff.

825474828[/snapback]

Farragut is is region 2 not region 1 though

hmm.....lemme get a good shot at all these

Region 1-Crosby, maybe Bosken (best state tourney I've ever seen in 03)

Region 2-Shannon Sayne, Nick Breeden

Region 3--Really, too hard----Keller, Blackmon, Gibson, Josh West, Carlos Thompson, Shazzon Bradley (isn't this also where Baylor would be?)

Region 4-Yost, Ward, McKnight (McCallie?)

Region 5-Steve Craig, Bubba Miller, Sean Kim, Sweeton

Region 6- Charles McTorry, Casey Brewster, (Ryan, MBA?)

Region 7-McCarty, Nikazy

Region 8- Markese Nelson, Michael Spencer, the Marables

Region 5 has had Matt Sweeton, Erick Floyd, Steve Craig, Brian Guthrie, Angelo Giansante.  Kellen Holliman and Kenny Meredith are also making names for themselves.

825474983[/snapback]

That is some pretty impressive wrestlers right there, but did Angelo ever had to wrestle Sweeton. I was just wondering if they had ever met up.

Rigger ---Eric Watkins ? Come on. He won his only title because a kid turned him lose to soon in OT. Region 2 wrestling was not invented at Farragut High School 4 years ago.

In Region 2 it's Chris Vandergriff. Heavyweight champ in 1976 and 1977.

In Region 1 it's Waylon Lowe. 135 Champion 1998.

825475050[/snapback]

First thing, no matter what you say about how Eric Watkins won he will always be a STATE CHAMP. Second, Rigger was just stating his opinion. He was not saying that wrestling was invented at Farragut in Region 2. He is more familiar with those guys than any other kids in the Region.

DAL- great list. In my opinion, those are some of the best wrestlers to come out of Region 2. There have been some great ones come out of the Region that never won state.

Overall, everybody has listed some great wrestlers to come out of their respective regions. Let's not bash anyone on this list because it is not right to bash one kids accomplishment when more than half of the people on this board don't no what it is like to be a state champion.