CoachT Boards

creekercalhoun

If you are to high school sports what you claim to be, you will let this stand: Is CoachT detramental to high school sports? Any beer drinking, disgruntled, angry parent/fan can voice their opinions on subjects they have no idea, or buisness posting on. You cannot tell a parent from a player from a coach; or heaven forbid a ref.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me that is the beauty of it...No body knows anyone nor should they get so caught up in it that they obsess about what anyone thinks...I as a coach think that it is super and I always keep up with other teams and actually use it to benefit my program.

Huge tool for the fans, players, and coaches...Don't see how it helps the refs a whole lot because nobody does anything on here but bash the refs.

If you are to high school sports what you claim to be, you will let this stand: Is CoachT detramental to high school sports? Any beer drinking, disgruntled, angry parent/fan can voice their opinions on subjects they have no idea, or buisness posting on. You cannot tell a parent from a player from a coach; or heaven forbid a ref.

825476279[/snapback]

True you can not tell who is on here but at the same time I dont think it is detramental to high school sports though we ust need to be responsible with what we say. I dont like players being on here but you cant really stop them but at the same time as a coach you need to remind them that the games is being played on the court or field not on the internet and the newspapers

There are pros and cons to everything. The pros would be to be able to see other teams schedules and scores and to see how they are progressing and find out- sometimes- information that could help a team strategize. Cons would be the negativity which is very bad at times. It gives anyone that wants the ability to trash and bash other teams or individuals without the fear of being identified. Just an opinion. :) I'm sure there are many others.

I think it is a great tool. You can get on here and vent what you feel, give props to who you think deserves it, and tell your side of the story. Sure things get heated at times and that is the beauty of having CoachT as a watchdog to cut those when necessary. Besides if everyone will just understand that my feelings may not be the same as the next guy and eventually agree to disagree, life will go on.. It's kinda like the ole saying "If you don't like it you can always not log on." ok probably not a real old saying but I think you get it... :)

There are pros and cons to everything.  The pros would be to be able to see other teams schedules and scores and to see how they are progressing and find out- sometimes-  information that could help a team strategize.  Cons would be the negativity which is very bad at times.  It gives anyone that wants the ability to trash and bash other teams or individuals without the fear of being identified. Just an opinion.  :) I'm sure there are many others.

825476306[/snapback]

Thats the beauty of though there are a lot "big headed" kids on here who think they are God's gift to basketball or whatever sport they play and some of them get a reality check when they get on here and figure out that everyone in their area think they stink as an athlete

I remember at my school there was parent of a player who always came on here and degraded many players from other teams to glorify the exploits of his kid. Seemed it didn't matter if he sacrificed the program, players, coaches, facalty, community, or the concept of TEAM in doing it.This is one of many examples of why CoachT is bad for high school sports.

I know its fun, and I know there are positives to it, but I know there are more stories out here like this, lets hear it!!!

I remember at my school there was parent of a player who always came on here and degraded many players from other teams to glorify the exploits of his kid. Seemed it didn't matter if he sacrificed the program, players, coaches, facalty, community, or the concept of TEAM in doing it.This is one of many examples of why CoachT is bad for high school sports.

I know its fun, and I know there are positives to it, but I know there are more stories out here like this, lets hear it!!!

825476373[/snapback]

I see your point but that is not by any means the fault of coacht and the web site that is the fault of the idiot parent who doesnt know when to shut up. Its just like when a coach puts a kid on the team who can not walk and chew gum at the same time and then their parents get mad when the kid doesnt play, parents should learn to shut up sometimes, Its is fine to have a negative opinion when it as some substance and can be backed up and the poster is being respectful when giving the opinion

825476279[/snapback]

This is a no brainer, I actually laughed when I saw the title, thinking it was a joke til I read what Creekercalhoun had to say...

CoachT is probably the best thing that has happened to TN HS athletics in a long time... and in my opinion the boards are the main reason. My knowledge, and I know that a lot of others' knowledge, has been increased by the boards. It kinda lets you know what is happening outside of the box. It lets you know who has a good team and who may be down this year. It gives players in rural areas exposure state wide that they would normally only get in their local newspaper. Need I go on????

Sure you are going to have your disgruntled fans/parents, but what Boards site does not have its share of negativity? The bottom line, the positive definitely outweigh this one little aspect. Plus, there are so many active moderators that things are held considerably under control...

In closing, let me give a quote, "Opinions are like rear ends, everyone has one and they all stink." If everyone understood this quote then I don't think we would have any problems...

Edited by ballplaya32

This is a no brainer, I actually laughed when I saw the title, thinking it was a joke til I read what Creekercalhoun had to say...

CoachT is probably the best thing that has happened to TN HS athletics in a long time... and in my opinion the boards are the main reason.  My knowledge, and I know that a lot of others' knowledge, has been increased by the boards.  It kinda lets you know what is happening outside of the box.  It lets you know who has a good team and who may be down this year.  It gives players in rural areas exposure state wide that they would normally only get in their local newspaper.  Need I go on????

Sure you are going to have your disgruntled fans/parents, but what Boards site does not have its share of negativity?  The bottom line, the positive definitely outweigh this one little aspect.  Plus, there are so many active moderators that things are held considerably under control...

In closing, let me give a quote, "Opinions are like rear ends, everyone has one and they all stink."  If everyone understood this quote then I don't think we would have any problems...

825476392[/snapback]

I totally disagree with you because I bathe on a regular basis... no seriously you make a great point and I totally agree with you even the quote