McCallie Vs. Baylor

ghetto meadow

I hope Cleveland and Waddell wrestle.  It will be a barn burner.  If they wrestle, I  predict that Cleveland will come out on top and win by 6 points. Cleveland is in better shape than he was at the beginning of the season.

825528490[/snapback]

li would love to see a rematch but i dont think it will happen cleveland is at 140 and this year i dont think mccallie wants to take any risk in the baylor match cleveland was also supposed to be a little"sick" i dont know how much truth is in that but it would be a great match if they wrestle again

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody up to date with D. II wrestling in Chattanooga knows about the Spencer Manley's situation last year. Whether McCallie will admit it or not, Andrew Smith made a big sacrafice and cut a lot of weight two years ago to make 130 in order to help out the team (but the fact was that he would not have been able to start anywhere else so this move was not totally unselfish). At the end of the year banquet, Connel said that Andrew could go any weight that he chose for the next year uncontested. Because Connel chooses to not utilize challenge matches (one of the many great things that sets this sport apart from others), Manley, a senior two time state champion and the best wrestler in the room that year, was not able to go the weight that he felt most comfortable at. All because Andrew Smith "made such a huge sacrifice" (he would have been wrestling JV if he hadn't cut to 130 that year), but not to take anything away from Andrew he did cut a lot of weight that year and wrestled well but I don't see how that gives him the privaledge of picking what weight to wrestle uncontested for the next year, especially in the way of a senior, who would have undoubtedly won a challenge match between the two or anyone else in the room, for that matter.

825528399[/snapback]

[/quo

I am no expert on McCallie but this seems a little off base. There was also two other boys in the mix as well from what I can remember, Justin Blair and Ryan Scott, who won the state 4 times "right". Since no one is accounting for what Ryan Scott whould have challanged for or Justin Blair I really don't think everything can be pointed to just Andrew Smith and Spencer or the Coach. I would also assume that all these boys wanted to win both team and ind. honors. Watching the State Tournment last year Ryan Scott looked tiny and was the lightest of them all. Didn't Spenser wrestle down when McCallie went to Pa. last year. How did he do there? It seems based on last weeks results that Whit Dunning has no trouble wrestling two weight classes up and teching his man in two periods. Since non of you guys have a time machine I would say get over it. Spencer Manley was and is still a stud. He appeared by all accounts to be able to beat anybody who walked out on the mat but on that given day last year he lost to another great wrestler; was it because of his weight; hardly. Great wrestlers should want to wrestler other great wrestlers not find a weight class that they can mop up in. It is this very thought that would make me think that both Corey Manson and Whit Dunning should square off at 125 this year. I bet they would both want the chance to prove to themselves they are the best. No question both Corey Manson and Whit aka THE WHIT are also two of Tennessee's best. As was Spencer Manley. Sometimes there is simply more than one big dog in a weight class.

825528744[/snapback]

I hadn't looked at the coacht website since last year right after the state tournament. I remember this interminable argument then. I understand the Manleys' anger and dissapointment but I was also very sympathetic for Connell's delimma. I've heard more than one local coach make selfserving comments about how they would have solved a no win situation. They can only wish they had four wrestlers the quality of McCallie's in 2004. The only certainty is that Spencer Manley will always be a winner and an appointment to and representing Chattanooga while wrestling for the Naval Academy is a heck of a booby prize.

li would love to see a rematch but i dont think it will happen cleveland is at 140 and this year i dont think mccallie wants to take any risk in the baylor match cleveland was also supposed to be a little"sick" i dont know how much truth is in that but it would be a great match if they wrestle again

825529016[/snapback]

yea i heard that cleveland was sick. Im not saying that he would have beaten waddell if he would have been healthy. and 4 all i know he may not have been sick at all.. but it would be a good match if they wrestled again..i think cleveland would come out on top though. i think waddell slipped out of there with a win last match and waddell knows it

yea i heard that cleveland was sick. Im not saying that he would have beaten waddell if he would have been healthy. and 4 all i know he may not have been sick at all.. but it would be a good match if they wrestled again..i think cleveland would come out on top though. i think waddell slipped out of there with a win last match and waddell knows it

825529566[/snapback]

This rematch would be a barn-burner, and I also hope that it happens (mostly for the fans sake). But I, obviously, am going to take the other side on who wins. I say Waddell wins another close one.

This rematch would be a barn-burner, and I also hope that it happens (mostly for the fans sake).  But I, obviously, am going to take the other side on who wins.  I say Waddell wins another close one.

825529584[/snapback]

as you guys have seen cody has been at 140 maybe cozch connel will let him wrestle waddel again if he feels like he will win and i think he would

the baylor mccallie match will be closer then results are showing. Mccallie showed alot of fight against Notre Dame. Hughes and Myers fought hard not to give up pins which would have been huge. But their up weight class may lose the match for them.

825529832[/snapback]

myers getting pinned? he almost pinned his guy the team was hoping for noothing huge as far as getting their team up but he did the opposite he got the mccallie team up leading to the final win from joe young

attack

I do not think Spitalney beat Smith last year. Both good wrestlers but I think Smith beat him last year and I predict will again this year.

Don't be fooled by McCallie's 5 point win over ND. ND is very talented this year and the Baylor/McCallie/ND trio is a toss up this year. For what it is worth, I predict Baylor will beat ND by 8 and McCallie will beat Baylor by 8.

attack

I do not think Spitalney beat Smith last year. Both good wrestlers but I think Smith beat him last year and I predict will again this year.

Don't be fooled by McCallie's 5 point win over ND. ND is very talented this year and the Baylor/McCallie/ND trio is a toss up this year. For what it is worth, I predict Baylor will beat ND by 8 and McCallie will beat Baylor by 8.

825529892[/snapback]

im sorry but mccallie can beat ND if they wrestled again do u really think those matches will be that close? well we will find out next week