Running up the score

NickyNeveil

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

tyfry you need to quite crying about stown game mp played starters the whole game even against stown subs why didn"t mp play his sub more so maybe he could find some depth for his team all stown runs is man to man traps so you have to let your subs work on what you do so they can be pepared in close games if you don"t want blowed out work harder and give your bench more playing time in blowouts so you can develope your future players peace out

I am well aware that even with substitute players in the game the lead may still increse somewhat.  However, to still be in a FULL COURT PRESS is the work of a MORON

I further understand that a coach sometimes has to push up the score a little for retribution of a previous game.......  However, I have never known a GOOD COACH to still be in a full court press in the forth quarter winning by 30-50 points.

825488179[/snapback]

I think that it is the coaches choice to decide how he wants to run his team and how they play..bashing him for this is just wrong..i have been on a team that has been blew out before...but this only made me want to play harder and show them that it would not happen again....i don't think this was a bad thing at all....the losing team needs to look at this as a learn experience

Yep. It's the coaches choice how to run his team, but let him get a bad rep for running up the score and having teams that exhibit poor sportsmanship and he'll find himself on the other end of some of those runaway games...........and well deserving I might add. A mercy rule is being considered. That will make it idiot proof for those that just don't know "when to say when".....

Guys, I usually don't whine about running up the score because sometimes it cannot be avoided. 30 or 50 points is not that bad. However, we have a coach here in Memphis who is notorious for running it up on purpose...he will press the whole game. The other night, Northside played against a team from a first year school and beat them 119-2. I'm almost certain that he pressed the entire game and tried to pad stats for two of his highly recruited players. That's pitiful...he shouldn't have even scheduled his team to play a team like that when he knows he has one of the top teams in the city...he didn't have to play this team...it wasn't a tournament or a district game...all I could say is "WOW!"

119-2? THAT'S A BIG POINT DIFFERENTIAL...

Edited by caramelcutiepie

I think that it is the coaches choice to decide how he wants to run his team and how they play..bashing him for this is just wrong..i have been on a team that has been blew out before...but this only made me want to play harder and show them that it would not happen again....i don't think this was a bad thing at all....the losing team needs to look at this as a learn experience

825488385[/snapback]

It is the coaches choice........ Never said it wasn't......

But if he was in a full court press winning by 50 in the forth quarter I would certainly hope that the school administrator would have the backbone to confront the coach and change his coaching philosophy..... Because it not only reflects poorly on the team and the coach, but also the entire school and community.

119-2? THAT'S A BIG POINT DIFFERENTIAL...

825488416[/snapback]

That's crying for a mercy rule.........but I know what I would do. I wouldn't give him any games. Cut him off on his non-district opponents. Let him play his 10-12 district games and that's it. What college coach is going to view the tape of that game and get anything of value from it?