Temple and McCallie coming to Unaka

hotcorner2

This weekend Temple and McCallie com eto the creek to play Unaka. It seems to be a good weekend of basketball. Unaka edged McCallie in the regular season last year and beat Temple in the state. Unaka is starting to come together as a team and play well. The seniors have had good games so far with McCann having to 18 point outing and Cline with an 22 game. I think Unaka will have to play team ball and play well all around to beat these two teams from what I have heard about them this year. Godd luck Rangers and take it to them...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This weekend Temple and McCallie com eto the creek to play Unaka. It seems to be a good weekend of basketball. Unaka edged McCallie in the regular season last year and beat Temple in the state. Unaka is starting to come together as a team and play well. The seniors have had good games so far with McCann having to 18 point outing and Cline with an 22 game. I think Unaka will have to play team ball and play well all around to beat these two teams from what I have heard about them this year. Godd luck Rangers and take it to them...

825482573[/snapback]

I Agree hotcorner, Unaka is going to have to be on top of there game for these two teams. I looking forward for the tournament though. It sounds like its gonna be an exciting one with some talented teams. Goodluck Rangers

Did we fell to mention that Unaka only beat a weak North Greene team by 1 point.

If you call that progressing then your expectations are not to high.Like I said and

everyone else has said around here Unaka is nowhere the team they were last year. It dont take a rocket scientist to figure that out if you have seen them play. Big comparison between this years and last years group. Starting 5 is deffinitely not as strong as last years bunch and depth is a very big weakness as well.

Everyone will see how they stack up against a good basketball team this friday when they host the team they put out in the semi finals of last years state tournament basketball game Tennesee Temple and Division 2 powerhouse Chattanooga Mcallie.They will be tested and they will be tested hard and then you can tell me if you see a big difference in trying to fill missing pieces to a successfull puzzle.

Good luck to all teams and have a safe trip down thumb

Edited by pandora9

Pandora, I will give it to you about North Green. They played us close and I'm not giving a reason for the game because it was just an all-around bad performance by Unaka. I, myself, did not play anywhere near where I should have been. Yes, we aren't as deep as last year, I also give you that. But, I speak for the whole team when I say we still want to win.

That was no disrespect to you Cline because if your the same Cline as the one on Unaka's team then you are a heck of a ball player I am just trying to explain to hotcorner 2 that there is a big difference between you guys and last years team you all played well together last year and had all the right tools and had what it took to accomplish what you guys did last year and no one can take that away.

Now what I am stating is this. Any team who loses key players always have a tough time struggling to get back or even win it back to back you can ask any team who has ever made it or won it except maybe the dominant Memphis White Station who has repeted a numerous amount of times.But that's besides the point bottom line is if Unaka needs to quit worrying about the sucess they accomplished last year and realize they they dont have the guys to save them like they did last year when things were not going well and get some players to step up and do something on that team instead of relying on 2 players team concept is what makes a team successful dont forget that.

Edited by pandora9

well if unaka is struggling then this tournament is up for grabs... though mccallie already beat temple once, temple could still turn it around and win this tournament.

i say mccallie wins it, but who knows....

825483516[/snapback]

I agree, but it is hard to make that determination. If in faxt Unaka is struggling I believe it will come down to how hard Temple plays and if they are able to execute against McCallie.