all region 3 south

mjuhb

I'm not sure about your player getting on there only if you are a member, but I know that only the NSCAA coaches can vote. I have been a member for 3 years, and I strongly encourage coaches to join. I do know that only NCSAA coaches can nominate their players for other awards (like Academic All American and such) plus there is some great liability insurance that comes with it. Lastly, you get e mails and a monthly mailer with some pretty decent drills.

Do you know if this honor is only for high school players? There is a player listed, Hailey Beam, who graduated HS early so that she could play this past season with her older sister at UNC-Charlotte. As such, she didn't have a senior year and didn't play a minute on a high school team this past season.

The Collierville coach is not a member and a Collierville player was selected. In fact, he didn't even know she had been selected.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know if this honor is only for high school players? There is a player listed, Hailey Beam, who graduated HS early so that she could play this past season with her older sister at UNC-Charlotte. As such, she didn't have a senior year and didn't play a minute on a high school team this past season.

The Collierville coach is not a member and a Collierville player was selected. In fact, he didn't even know she had been selected.

Good question... I don't know. I don't vote on the girls' side (since I do the guys team) but every player that I have gotten to vote for has played for a highschool.

Are you asking if a girl could be a high school all american with out playing high school soccer that season? The answer would be no.

There are nscaa awards for college players, all region and all america, as well.

Are you asking if a girl could be a high school all american with out playing high school soccer that season? The answer would be no.

There are nscaa awards for college players, all region and all america, as well.

I fully understand. I'm asking how can a girl be named to the regional team and not play high school soccer. Hailey Beam played for UNCC this past season, but is listed on the HS All-Region (IV) team. It appears to be an obvious mistake as it has her listed as a senior (she graduated HS early as a junior) and the school she went to. So, I wonder who is actually selecting the girls for this honor, what is the basis for their selection and is someone paying attention to those nominated. Someone obviously wasn't paying attention in this case.

As mjuhb pointed out, there were several quality players from Tennessee that were overlooked and were as good as those selected and will be playing D1 soccer next season at some good schools.