franklin

fabulousone

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really think there overrated? they lost to bradley by 6 and they gave up a forfeit at 103 and didnt have there heavyweight leach. so you really need to wait til later in the season before you call them overrated.

825486385[/snapback]

forfeit at 103 does not mean they would have won if they would have contested that weight class. Still could have been the same score.

:) What happened last week doesn't matter!  Where will they be standing come Feb 2005?  Do they have what it takes to make it to the final dance?

825486418[/snapback]

If it does not matter, why do they have a championship match and wrestle for the champs of each pool.

Of course it matters. It matters at the end of the season as well. Ask collins hill if it mattered to win that tourney, I bet the answer is yes.

I agree that it mattered for Collins Hill! That is not the purpose of the thread. Several folks have stated that Franklin is over rated, and maybe they are. My stance is - let's sit back and watch how they do between now and Feb. Only time will tell if they (athletes & coaches) have what it takes to take it to the next level. Yes, they did get beat out at the Duals last weekend, but they also got some great matches in and see where they need to improve. They are headed to McCallie this weekend and we all know that is one of the toughest tournaments in the state. This tournament could be a 'real educational experience' for them as well!

Edited by sundancer

I agree that it mattered for Collins Hill!  That is not the purpose of the thread.  Several folks have stated that Franklin is over rated, and maybe they are.  My stance is - let's sit back and watch how they do between now and Feb.  Only time will tell if they (athletes & coaches) have what it takes to take it to the next level.  Yes, they did get beat out at the Duals last weekend, but they also got some great matches in and see where they need to improve.  They are headed to McCallie this weekend and we all know that is one of the toughest tournaments in the state.  This tournament could be a 'real educational experience' for them as well!

825486449[/snapback]

thumb Right ON!

February matters, everything else is preparation. As long as teams are gaining experience and learning from the losses they take, it's all preparation.