region 6

rabidmonkey

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clemons from glencliff and lowe from mcgavock are pretty solid at 152, 145 is looking solid as well with yoder from hillsboro, Johnson from east lit, watts from glencliff and suter from fra all former state qualifiers. 275 would have to be the easiest weight class in this region by far with 3 out of last years state qualifiers gone. the only remaining one is Moore from hillwood. Overton is tough at the lightweights and as well as their 215. Stratford has a very impressive 130. MlK has quality wrestlers in Hill and their 215. Hunters Lane as a good 130 or 35 i cant remember what wt. class he was in. Those are a few of the wrestlers who have caught my eye so far this season.

clemons from glencliff and lowe from mcgavock are pretty solid at 152, 145 is looking solid as well with yoder from hillsboro, Johnson from east lit, watts from glencliff and suter from fra all former state qualifiers. 275 would have to be the easiest weight class in this region by far with 3 out of last years state qualifiers gone. the only remaining one is Moore from hillwood. Overton is tough at the lightweights and as well as their 215. Stratford has a very impressive 130. MlK has quality wrestlers in Hill and their 215. Hunters Lane as a good 130 or 35 i cant remember what wt. class he was in. Those are a few of the wrestlers who have caught my eye so far this season.

825487695[/snapback]

Is Hillsboro wrestling this year. I haven't seen them enetered in any matches?

Team wise in Region 6, Glencliff is looking very tough. I still don't know if they can beat Overton, but they should win their district. At 103, Glencliff's freshman looks pretty good. At 112, Tayer of Overton has to be the favorite.(Though there is a rumor that Zamora of Antioch may be back.) 275 has to be the easiest weight class, Moore of Hillwood is the only returning qualifier, Yet Cowell of Antioch may make some noise, He has defeated Hinson of McGavock, who could also make his first state appearance. Who is the 215 from Hillwood? If he learns some moves, he might be the man. Also, Turnipseed of Whites Creek has come on this year, making two tournament finals. How is FRA doing this year, I have not heard much about them, I know Jesse Murphy is wrestling, what about Clay Mitchell. McGavock is also looking strong this year, but I don't think they have enough to beat Glencliff in the districts. Antioch's run of regional dual appearances may be in jeopardy with a very young team this year, but watch out for the Bears when the regions are realigned. Hillsboro is hard pressed to compete with only 8 wrestlers on the squad. When it is all said and done, look for Overton to come out on top in regions, with Glencliff a close second. In the individual tournament, same outcome, with FRA, McGavock, and Hillwood rounding out the top 5.

The best wrestler in the region is Jennings from Overton at 130 or 135. This district has been getting stronger and had a few finalists in last year at state. They also had a handful of place winners. I would watch out for Johnson from east lit and Yoder from hillsboro. Overton also has some strong wrestlers that have been on varsity for 3 or 4 years. There 119, 215 and Hwy have been there forever and there 103 looks strong. FRA has Murphy who should have a chance to place at state. Ther are many more strong wrestlers from this region that will place at state. Overton is the best team but has a lot of young wrestlers. We will see what they can do throughout the year. The battle for this region, like every year, will be for second place.

Whats up kjfan? It has been a while. How is your son? Is he wrestling anywhere?

825491105[/snapback]

Twittycanes,

My son is doing well; He is going to The Air Force Academy, but he won't start back until June of 2005 due to an injury(Long story), so he has a year off to think about things.

I don't know if he will wrestle at the academy. He said he wants to decide once he gets back out there.

I have kept up with your boy's football this year ,he had an outstanding year has he picked a school yet?