Central Cougars Basketball

cougar_scout

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I dont even play basketball and I laughed as soon as I saw the topic of this thread. Look back at the football posts central made, saying they were the best. HA!, they were absolutely terrible. THS student section is awesome, sorry they support their team, didnt know there was a law against that. THS has 2 good players? yeah thats funny, Terril is the man, Shaud is probably one of the best gaurds in the conference as Jr., Evan is a consistent shooter and lets add he can dunk without problem, Mackie is an awesome defender, Perrigan nails threes, it goes on. You all might want to learn more about the opponent. Im not sure, but were summer scrimmages apart of anyones record? NO!, thats bc they are made to get everyone expeirence. THS probably didnt even have half their players. THS knows their not the best at everything. Everyone knows Maryville is the king daddy in 4A football. Yeah we went in there with some confidence, can you blame us? We CRUSHED every team in the area, a couple twice. Basketball, memphis is where its at. White Station would kill any team in our area. Speaking of teams in our area, Science Hill is obviously the top dog, but THS is right behind them.....dont be suprised if THS gives them a run. They've handled everyone else in the conference. You think THS people are so cocky bc all you do is put them down and dont give them any credit in any sport. Would you all PLEASE just get over yourselves and give them some credit. You are really making yourselves look ridiculous on here, especially you Cougar fans haha. Im not making anymore posts on this nonsense, Im a football guy myself, Im just tired of all you other schools putting down THS when credit and respect should be given.

1tshelley:

What is Central vs. TN High record in basketball since whenever Central came to be in the 70's?  I may be wrong but I would bet it is pretty close either way.  You said you have stats so lets see them.

I would love to know when this great b-ball tradition at TN High started?  As bad as I hate to admit it you can put DB and SH traditions above the rest because of SH's state titles and because of DB's winning records.  Those 2 schools are the powerhouses of this area year in and year out usually.  The gap seems to be less now though.

If anything I think Burns has had to deal with less talent than alot of other schools in the area and he turns out a quality product.  You give him and his staff some of the talent some schools have had and it is hard to tell what they could have done.

P.S.  You say you want stats well here is just some stats that I can vouch for:

TN High vs. Central b-ball

97-98 1-1

98-99 1-1

Is that the domination you were talking about?

Also, I played AAU and was friends with a few guys from TN High back then and I can tell you they would not say there program was that much better than Central's.

825504709[/snapback]

Brock20 I said that I had stats not ancient history. I’m not sure what the Vikings win loss record is against Central from that far back… maybe I could ask my grandfather and see if he remembers!!! ;)

There are two things that I can guarantee you. From the 70s till today you can count on you fingers the seasons that the Vikings didn’t finish in the top 4 in the conference. And you have not or will not see the Vikings drop down to the AA division just to win some games … can Central say the same?????? Right of the bat we know the answer to one of those questions.

By the way… I never said that THS dominated Central. I said and I repeat…” I’m simply referring to this years teams. This years Central team is not on the same level as this years Science Hill or Tenn High teams!!”.

Brock20 I said that I had stats not ancient history. I’m not sure what the Vikings win loss record is against Central from that far back… maybe I could ask my grandfather and see if he remembers!!!  ;)

There are two things that I can guarantee you. From the 70s till today you can count on you fingers the seasons that the Vikings didn’t finish in the top 4 in the conference. And you have not or will not see the Vikings drop down to the AA division just to win some games … can Central say the same?????? Right of the bat we know the answer to one of those questions.

By the way… I never said that THS dominated Central. I said and I repeat…” I’m simply referring to this years teams. This years Central team is not on the same level as this years Science Hill or Tenn High teams!!”.

825505503[/snapback]

Central went to AA because they have less students than they used to. Don't make it look like Central dropped down to win games, because I would gurantee TN High would drop down too if they could. Central will be back up to AAA either next year or the year after so we will see then.

I just think it is wrong to act cocky about your school's history when they haven't really down anything for you to back it up.

Brock do you think you are good because bring out these stats from ages ago.I'm glad that youre proud that you were able to split with us back in the 90's. thumb

825505151[/snapback]

I wasn't bragging I was just giving facts to show TN High hasn't dominated Central like you guys seem to think.

Central went to AA because they have less students than they used to.  Don't make it look like Central dropped down to win games, because I would gurantee TN High would drop down too if they could.  Central will be back up to AAA either next year or the year after so we will see then.

I just think it is wrong to act cocky about your school's history when they haven't really down anything for you to back it up.

825505586[/snapback]

Centrals projected enrolment is 1093 students, THS is 1100!! BIG DIFFERENCE HU!!! B)

Here’s some recent stat information for ya.

THS has won the AAA District Tournament 2 of the last 3 years (that’s right … beating SHHS and DB), made it to the at least the second round in the AAA Regional Tournament all three years, and even advanced to the first round of the State Tournament in 2002. How’s that for backing it up?!! I have to remind you that SHHS and DB are both 5A schools with enrolment of 1700 plus. Why don’t you just give us credit dude? THS does VERY well with the same draw of talent that the SULLIVANS have!!! Sort of makes you think twice about paying that tuition for your kids when they reach high school age… doesn’t it. thumb

you needta stop saying that tn high is on the same level as science hill.  science hill is much better.  oh and finishing in the top 4 isnt that great when there are usually like 7 teams in the confernece.

825505671[/snapback]

True that… but can Central make the same statement? I can remember several years when Central was scraping the bottom of the barrel… and if they come up to 3A next year you may be reminded of those years.