Shelbyville at Oak Ridge

basketballfan2003

Shelbyville will be in the region and beat any of those three teams by that time. They are taking their licks now and getting better every game with no pressure for a change to go undefeated or stay nationally ranked. Their goal each game is to get better and they are playing the best to do that. They will lose some more games but eventually they will be something for all teams to contend with. Fasten your seat belt MJ, you might get to play them in the finals of the state. What do you think the chances are of that happening????? :huh:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelbyville will be in the region and beat any of those three teams by that time.  They are taking their licks now and getting better every game with no pressure for a change to go undefeated or stay nationally ranked.  Their goal each game is to get better and they are playing the best to do that.  They will lose some more games but eventually they will be something for all teams to contend with.  Fasten your seat belt MJ, you might get to play them in the finals of the state.  What do you think the chances are of that happening????? :huh:

825489693[/snapback]

HA HA HA.... You are funny flemtone.

Dream on baby. Your precious Eaglettes WILL NOT be in the STATE this year.

You need to be a comedian and go on comedy central flem....

I don't think your Eaglettes want any more of MJ after the whipping we gave them at Rick's Grill. OH and by the way wasn't that the worst loss for the little general at his bar and grill?

You could be right and I admit at this point the odds look very good for you to be right but this team is showing signs of being one of those very special teams. I coach a Jr. High boys team that is showing the same signs. They are not overly talented but have a lot of heart. They were in a game just recently, down by 14, 32-46 with 1:20 left in the 4th qrt. We were in the other teams gym and they were undefeated and they scored 4 pts in that last 1:20. We score 18 points in 1:20 to put it in overtime and won it by one. They had no chance of winning the game, they could and most would have given up but they never did and won. Wow, what a game. I see this Shelbyville team developing into this type team, they just won't be denied. The team they beat today is much better than Oakridge and they should have been beaten badly but they did not give up and won. Only time will tell. Will you give them credit for playing the toughest schedule to allow them the opportunity to get better????? :huh:

Edited by flemtone

flemstone I admire you for your passion you have for Shelbyville. I really do. And I would be a fool not to say Shelbyville has had the premier girls progam in the state the last 20 years. But there are LOTS of teams with a lot of heart and play with every thing they have. I'm sure Insell will have his team improving as the year progress'. But they lost 2 super players off last years team. And that was a BIG loss. And trust me nobody is going to feel sorry for them. I'm sure Insell is building another outstanding team for the future. But this is not the year.

Mt. Juliet plays with alot of heart, guts and they have alot of talent to go with it.

These girls have been playing together for 4, 5, and 6 years. And this year has been what they have been aiming for. When this team is challenged they respond as they did tonite against Oakland. I think when MJ plays Wilson Central it will be a preview of the State Championship game.

I will give Shelbyville credit for playing a tough schedule. And I'm sure it will help them develop. But, not this year flem. Like I said Shelbyille will make the Region. I just don't see them getting to the Sectionals.

Like the songs says.... Why can't we be friends?

go Bears

You beat Shelbyville by 23 and their best player was out with the measles, in fact, they have yet to play two games in a row with all of their best players playing. That is not an excuse, just a fact that is making them better despite the scores. You do have a very good team and they do have lots of talent and I believe heart but you don't get better and tournament ready unless you are challenged every nite to improve. Believe me I know, some of the gold balls were won by some great teams and the ones that were often the hardest to get ready for the final run because they were so good. Some were won by teams they were not the obvious best team but were easier to get ready for the final run because they knew they could be beat. Greatness can backfire if you aren't challenged to be tournament tough when the time comes. As I have been saying, only time will tell. :huh:

And, by the way, I sure am not your enemy, on the contrary, I admire your team and its coaching staff and have for years.

If I remember correctly Clark was injured and missed the last 8 games of the season last year. MtJ had to play without her and they lost 2 games by a total of 8 points. I'm not saying we'd have won State without her but we know what happened earlier when we played Shelbyville when Shelbyville was at full strength.

I agree with you that playing without your star does help the others to gain confidence and experience. And I believe playing without Clark those games last year has helped this year's team.

I believe MtJ has played a reasonably tough schedule so far this year. Shelbyville (on the road), Smyrna, Clarksville Northeast, and Oakland I do think represent tough competition, don't you. Not to mention they are playing in the Greene County Bank Ladies Classic. The opening round game is against Lake Mary, Fla. I have heard through the grapevine that they are one of the top teams in Florida. Not to mention in their bracket is Greeneville and Hertiage. And also Wilson Central is in the tournament as well. I think if they were to get by Lake Mary (either Greeneville or Heritage) and then Wilson Central thats pretty tough competition. Then ofcourse they have 2 more games with Wilson Central, @ Smyrna, and late season game @ Harpeth Hall. Would you not say this is a very strong schedule? I'm not saying they will win every game but I will say they are capable of winning these games. Time will tell.

I am not one to usually post comments. Insted, I am just one to post updates and scores, but this topic is one that I have to make a comment. I may be one of the few people on here who has seen Shelbyville play EVERY game. This is a very young team for Coach Insell but flemtone is correct. They are progressing very well and Coach will have them ready to play during tournament time. If I recall, Shelbyville was blasted last year for losing early after being highly ranked and even lost to Mt. Juliet and several games at the Nike Tourney. In the end, it was Shelbyville who took home the gold ball. This is just my opinion, but I beleive both Columbia and Mt. Juliet have peaked at this point. Shelbyville is a team that is still growing and will continue to grow as tournament grows closer. If Shelbyville plays Mt. juliet or Columbia after the holidays, it will be a much closer ball game. In addition, SHelbyville has not played healthy. Jarrell is still getting over an illness and Snipes, who had the chicken pox earlier when they played Mt. Juliet, is still not up to speed. When everyone is healthy, they will be a team that will be suprising people.

You wont see me getting on here and telling you how FANTASTIC my team is or how we are going to go undeafeated and kick your butt. I have seen Shelbyville grow, and I think that they can suprise a few team, especially if they meet Mt. Juliet again and when they travel to Columbia in the New Year.

I also saw Oak Ridge play Shelbyville and I think that the Lady WIidcats might suprise some people later as well. They have a good shot to beat Maryville and make it back to state.

Someone mentioned earlier in a post that Shelbyville could not beat Riverdale in their Region. If I am not mistaken, Shelbyville beat Cheatham Co. and they just beat Riverdale. May want to reconsider that one. Also, Oakland just escaped an Marshall Co. in overtime. Marshall Co. is ok, but Oakland should have clobbered them if they are second best in the midstate behind Mt. Juliet. Just some food for thought.

Also, Mt. Juliet fans, be careful. Rick has a good portion of this team coming back and you loose a lot. If they play again, he will remember those who run up the score or talk bad about his team. Just an FYI.

Well Said Basketballfan2003. But Columbia bearly got away from Marshal Co. Thinks for all your doing with the team. The live feeds are great. I just wish we could have seen both games. I need to talk to you about the web site when you get a chance after the hoildays. You may have changed it by then.

Have you got stats yet from Coach.

MJ, you have played some good teams but I have to point out that one third of your wins have come against some Nashville teams that are this year considered well below average at best. Those are the games that can cause a team to not work as hard in practice and not become as good as they can be by tournament time. So far, they seem to have responded well, as you point out. Shelbyville has not had a nite off, so to speak, with a weak team. Every game has been against a ranked team, a district game, or last years state tournament team in its division. Those games nite in and nite out make you get better. I would love to play you again in February or even March. I think the game would be, lets say, less than a 23 point loss. Best wishes to both teams to have fun, no serious injuries and see who has what when it counts. thumb

This debate could go on forever with you flem. You just refuse to give in. I could argue with you about Shelbyville's schedule. But, I won't go there. All I know is MtJ has played 9 games thus far. Won them all by at least 19 or more. Against the competition we'll played I'd say that's PRETTY DAWG GONE GOOD. You have to realize one thing and thats YOU can't play someone as good as DUKE every nite and you can't play someone as bad as Prairie View every nite. I believe MtJ's schedule has a good balance.

Let's let it rest........... Please